Epilogue

Swapping Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

- Epilogue -

 

 

 

 

“Are we going to Fiji next?” Jiyeon called out to Jaejoong who was cooking their dinner.

 

 

It’s been thirteen years and nothing has changed between them. They still argue and they still make up. Just the same, they’re as in love as they were thirteen years ago… maybe even more. They lived a life of contentment and happiness.

 

 

Chaerin and Seung Hyun already have two kids, both boys. Minho and Shin Hye eventually got married and they now have one cute baby girl and another one on the way.

 

 

Jaejoong and Jiyeon never adopted a child. It’s not that they hate kids… it’s simply because having each other is more than enough for them. And Jaejoong really didn’t want kids if he can’t have them with Jiyeon.

 

 

“I booked that this September. But we’re going to Vietnam on the first weekend of next month.” Jaejoong answered. He was cooking pasta while Jiyeon was standing in front of their world map. The map has a great number of pins already and Jiyeon looked at it, contented with what she and Jaejoong have accomplished.

 

 

She was interrupted when someone rang the doorbell.

 

 

“Jae. Answer the door.” Jiyeon called out lazily.

 

 

“Jiyeon, I’m cooking pasta. I have to watch this before it gets too tender.” Jaejoong replied.

 

 

The doorbell rang again.

 

 

“Jiyeon, get your to the door and check who’s there. It might be important.” Jaejoong scolded her, he shook his head, still amused at the laziness of Jiyeon despite being together after all these years.

 

 

Jiyeon sighed in frustration and went straight towards the door not bothering to check the monitor. She immediately froze the moment she opened the door and faced the unknown visitor.

 

 

“Hi, mother.” The girl raised her eyebrow at Jiyeon while throwing her a smirk. A smirk all too familiar… her smirk. She immediately recognized Jessica because she looked exactly like Jiyeon when she was her age.

 

 

“Jiyeon, who’s at the door?” Jaejoong spoke behind her and opened the door wider. He, himself, froze the moment he saw Jessica because the resemblance between them is so uncanny.

 

 

“So you guys did end up with each other.” Jessica murmured.

 

 

Jaejoong absentmindedly opened the door. Jessica walked in, towing two huge bags with her. She walked inside the penthouse, her eyes observant. She stood in the middle of the living room and looked at both Jiyeon and Jaejoong.

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Jaejoong finally asked after inviting her to sit down.

 

 

Jessica leaned on the couch and crossed her arms over her chest. She sighed heavily.

 

 

“I’m going to college here in Seoul. I’m taking up my pre-med here and I'm planning to enroll med school here too. School starts in two days.” Jessica tried to answer confidently but the falter in her voice gave her nervousness away. Her eyes mirrored the anxiousness she felt in finally meeting her mother after a long time of waiting for the right time.

 

 

“Oh.” Jaejoong said in surprise, he held on to Jiyeon’s hand and intertwined their fingers. Jessica just looked at them, quietly observing their sweet gestures towards each other. She felt this sense of relief that her mother is happy and loved and at the same time a big part of her is desperate to be a part of her mother's happiness and love too.

 

 

“Do your parents know about this?” Jiyeon finally asked and held Jessica’s eyes. They both couldn’t speak… their eyes looked like they were about to spill te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter