Pathetic

Swapping Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Their journey back to the apartment was awfully quiet. The breathtaking kiss they shared in the middle of Lotte World robbed them both of their ability to speak.

 

 

Jaejoong could feel the tense atmosphere between them and he didn’t know what to say or what to do. He was afraid that if he said or did anything, it would set Jiyeon off into a fit. All he could do is just steal glances at her.

 

 

Jiyeon on the other hand kept thinking about their kiss. She kept on screaming curses in her head. She shouldn’t have let the kiss happen. She should’ve pushed him away and kicked him in the shin but she didn’t. She got caught up in the kiss too. If it weren’t for the group of high school students that bumped into them, she wouldn’t have let go of him.

 

 

She kept her gaze on the window, she felt a little silly wondering if the explosion she felt while kissing Jaejoong was because of the fireworks.

 

 

“Uhmmm… do you want us to buy something before going home?” Jaejoong finally asked. He bit his lip, waiting for her answer with a loud thudding in his heart.

 

 

“Jiyeon?” Jaejoong called her named. She looked like she was in deep thought.

 

 

“What?” Jiyeon asked without looking at him.

 

 

“I asked if you wanted to buy something before going home… something to eat…” Jaejoong asked again.

 

 

“Let’s just order pizza.” Jiyeon mumbled. She then reached for the car stereo and switched on the FM radio to play some random music. She didn’t want to talk to him yet because she knows that once she opens , she wouldn’t stop and she might say things she’d regret.

 

 

Jiyeon walked ahead of Jaejoong as they got into their building. The receptionist called her name. She stopped and looked at the girl.

 

 

“Ma’am, someone is looking for Mr. Kim. He’s been waiting for him for hours at the lobby.” The receptionist said softly, obviously intimidated by Jiyeon. Jiyeon squared her shoulders, looked at the girl with deadpan eyes.

 

 

“Do I look like Mr. Kim to you?” Jiyeon asked, intimidating the receptionist.

 

 

“I was just… I’m sorry…” The receptionist bowed apologetically.

 

 

“Here he is.” Jiyeon nodded her head, pointing the receptionist towards Jaejoong who was walking towards them, playing with his car keys.

 

 

“Mr. Kim, someone’s looking for you. Oh, there he is.” The receptionist gestured them towards a lanky guy in a suit walking awkwardly towards them.

 

 

“Mr. Kim, I’m Lee HyukSoo. I was sent by my father to ask if you had any amendments of the design of your penthouse. We’ve been trying to contact you for weeks, we’re not sure if you got our message. Your penthouse is done. You can move in anytime you want.” The guy bowed politely and looked at Jaejoong expectantly.

 

 

“Uhmmm… I’ve been busy. I haven’t had the chance to look at the place yet. I’ll call your office if I want to change anything.” Jaejoong replied curtly and avoided Jiyeon’s questioning gaze.

 

 

“We were worried that you didn’t like our design because it seemed as though you were avoiding our calls for the past week. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you want to make any adjustments. We want to make sure you’re fully satisfied with our company’s service.” HyukSoo said diplomatically and trained his gaze at Jiyeon, his gaze lingering with a smile on his face. Jaejoong protectively circled Jiyeon’s waist with his arm, as if marking her, making sure HyukSoo knows that Jiyeon isn’t available. HyukSoo cleared his throat and looked at Jaejoong with embarrassment.

 

 

“As I said, Mr. Lee, I’ll call your office.” Jaejoong said sharply, his jaw flexing, his eyes narrowed intensely at HyukSoo.

 

 

HyukSoo just bowed and walked away.

 

 

*****

 

 

Jiyeon stood in the middle of their apartment. Her eyes focused on Jaejoong.

 

 

“What flavor do you want?” Jaejoong reached for the takeout menu of their favorite pizza place. Jiyeon kept silent, her eyes still fiercely planted on Jaejoong.

 

 

“Perhaps we should order three flavors today. I bet you’re starving. We’ve had a pretty tiring day.” Jaejoong babbled. He sat down on the couch and studied the menu while Jiyeon kept her feet planted on the ground, not moving an inch.

 

 

How long is he going to act like nothing’s happened? How long is he going to keep this façade? How long is he going to pretend that he feels nothing deep for her? Jiyeon’s mind kept on trying to figure out Jaejoong.

 

 

“We still have beer… hmmm… maybe we should watch a movie while we eat…” Jaejoong continued.

 

 

“Stop it, Jae.” Jiyeon finally broke her silence. The finality in her voice struck like thunder at Jaejoong. He slowly looked up to hold her gaze. Jiyeon sighed.

 

 

“Do you want to eat something else? Do you want Japanese? I can drive down at the Japanese restaurant and order something you like…”

 

 

“Stop it.” Jiyeon interrupted him. “Stop acting like my slave… stop acting like you’re at my beck and call… it’s getting path

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter