Meet Our Hero

Swapping Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So what ground are we invoking for this divorce?” The senior partner of Park, Choi, Kim & Associates – the law office where Seung Hyun and Jaejoong was working asked Jaejoong. This is their biggest client to date. The wife of three years of Lee Jun Ki, Korea’s shipping magnate just filed for divorce. And the reason why everyone was so worked up is because there’s no prenuptial agreement involved. So this would earn the law office millions of dollars.

 

 

“Irreconcilable differences.” Jaejoong answered as he leaned on to his chair. He pinched the bridge of his nose as he closed his eyes. He was still tired from his gimmick at some bar last night.

 

 

“Is that the best you can do? That won’t hold water in the Family Court. We have to invoke something with more basis. We have to show that our client is the aggrieved party here!” The senior partner roared and slammed Jaejoong’s desk making the latter almost jump on his seat.

 

 

“Relax. It’s not like I ever lost a case. Look, I don’t do your line of defense. Psychological Incapacity is tougher to prove. It’s better to have a solid case and a solid argument than having heavier basis with weaker arguments to back it up.” Jaejoong uttered in his almost whisper tired voice. He’s the only one aside from Seung Hyun that could talk to senior partners like that.

 

 

“You don’t understand, this case is going to be on Judge Lee’s docket. She’s known to be ruthless. Nobody has ever won on irreconcilable differences in her court ever.” The senior partner sounded so worried, beads of sweat forming on his temples.

 

 

“Judge Lee?” Jaejoong gave out a faint smile. He grabbed his pen and twirled it with his fingers.

 

 

“You better win this case counsel. Losing is not an option.” The senior partner warned. Jaejoong just gave him a wicked smile.

 

 

“We’ll win this case under Judge Lee. Don’t worry. I got this.” Jaejoong said so sure of himself.

 

 

Jaejoong was now left in his office, he leaned on his chair and placed his feet on his desk and hummed some random song he heard in his car earlier. He grabbed his yellow stress ball and started tossing it up in the air ever so idly.

 

 

“Sir, a girl named Yoona is calling. She wants to talk to you.” Jaejoong’s secretary buzzed in. Jaejoong gave his secretary a wicked grin.

 

 

“Why are you even telling me this Amber? You know what to do.” Jaejoong uttered in a sing song voice. His secretary Amber already got used to fielding all Jaejoong’s calls from his ex-conquests. She’s been working for him ever since Jaejoong started.

 

 

“Don’t you even feel pity for the girls you screw?” Amber sighed frustratingly.

 

 

“They know how I roll. You can’t blame me if they still want me. What can I say, I’m agonizingly irresistible. You’re the only girl not falling for my charms.”  Jaejoong winked at Amber and flashed her his killer smile. Amber just shook her head.

 

 

“Boss, I’m gay. I have a girlfriend.” Amber looked at him weirdly.

 

 

“Hmmmm… I’m cool with a .” Jaejoong said wickedly.

 

 

“I can sue you for harassment you know.”  Amber crossed her arms over her chest.

 

 

“You love me too much to do that Amber. Now off you go. Tell Yoona it’s over between us.” Jaejoong shooed Amber away. Amber just shrugged and walked out of his office. Just then, Seung Hyun walked in.

 

 

“You’re delegating breaking up duties with some girl to poor Amber again?” Seung Hyun sat on the chair across Jaejoong.

 

 

“Yeah, you know how it works.” Jaejoong sighed and resumed tossing his stress ball.

 

 

“I heard you got Lee Jun Ki’s case under Judge Lee.” Seung Hyun raised his eyebrow knowing the sly smile that escaped Jaejoong’s face.

 

 

“Yep. I’ll bet you I can win this case easily.” Jaejoong said cockily.

 

 

“I don’t want to go in to something I know I’ll lose. So I’ll pass.” Seung Hyun chuckled.

 

 

“Come on. Let’s go get some lunch.” Jaejoong stood up and grabbed his car keys.

 

 

“Dude, you just got in. It’s barely even eleven.” Seung Hyun looked at his Rolex watch.

 

 

“I know. Let’s go anyway. Let’s just tell the bosses we’re on a meeting with a client.” Jaejoong tapped Seung Hyun’s shoulder, asking him to follow along.

 

 

Jaejoong loves women. A LOT. He thrives in the whole chase. He gets pleasure in winning over elusive, shy and hard to get women and when they’re too caught up and smitten over him, he tells them all he can give is and nothing more. It’ll be too late for them to say no. After he’s done, he breaks up with them and moves on to his next conquest. He’s never had a serious girlfriend. He got his first ual experience at 12 years old.

 

 

He’s a happy go lucky kind of guy. Rumor has it, he was able to graduate law school and pass the bar exam by banging his lady professors and the examiner. That’s just a rumor though. It hasn’t been proven beyond reasonable doubt yet.

 

 

His parents got divorced when he was eleven. His mother lives in New York while his father is in Seoul, one of the senior partners in the law firm he’s currently working under.

 

 

Seung Hyun and Jaejoong went in to an Italian Restaurant. They were now waiting for their respective orders.

 

 

“I finally met our neighbor from across the hall the other day.” Seung Hyun started slicing his veal.

 

 

“The stuck up snob or the chick you’ve been crushing on?” Jaejoong asked.

 

 

“The chick I’ve been crushing on. Her name is Chaerin.” Seung Hyun smiled.

 

 

“Nice going fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter