Past Lovers

Swapping Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jiyeon sat lazily at the chair of the conference hall of the hospital where they held lectures and meetings. They were waiting for Chief Won Bin. The doctors were starting to pile up and find their respective seats. No one dared sit beside Jiyeon. She isn’t called the Voldemort of the hospital for nothing. Her mind kept on repeating that scene of Jaejoong being embraced by that girl in his penthouse. She couldn’t understand why she felt angry and felt betrayed. She didn’t have the right to feel angry. She shouldn’t feel that way… and yet… she did.

 

 

“Penny for your thoughts?” She didn’t realize Minho already sat beside her. He was looking at her with his disarming smile, Jiyeon just rolled her eyes.

 

 

“Don’t you have some other doctor to bother?” Jiyeon uttered lazily.

 

 

“You know that my eyes are only for you…” Minho responded. He raised his arms to stretch and rested it on the back of the chair of Jiyeon.

 

 

“Do you know what this meeting is all about?” Jiyeon yawned and leaned on the chair.

 

 

“The board recruited a new resident surgeon. Apparently this girl studied in Oxford. She’ll be in pedia.” Minho replied.

 

 

“How in the world do you know these things? Do you screw one of the board members?” Jiyeon remarked at Minho. He raised his eyebrow and smirked at her.

 

 

“Getting a little jealous are we?” Minho laughed.

 

 

“In your dreams. Anyways, I’m not the least bit interested with this . Why do I have to be here? I have to make sure my stupid intern booked the OR for my bypass surgery later.” Jiyeon looked at her watch impatiently.

 

 

“It’s time to pay back the welcome we gave you when you first came here. Remember when Chief introduced you and you stood in front of all of us looking high and mighty saying ‘I’m not here to make friends. So just please stay out of my way.’ You had this screw all of you I know I’m a rock star impression.” Minho smiled reminiscing that day.

 

 

“I looked at you and I said to myself, I have to have this girl. Come to think of it, the first time I saw you… I knew I’m screwed because I already fell in love with you …” Minho whispered.

 

 

“You stupid fool. If you already had feelings for me, why did you even have with me? I told you I don’t do relationships… no strings attached, no emotional connection… and you have that rule too with the girls you screw too. You’re breaking your own rule.” Jiyeon replied unfeelingly.

 

 

“Well, I figured if I can’t have you that way… I’d take anything I can get…” Minho said seriously. He gave out a heavy sigh and then he chuckled.

 

 

“It’s so ironic that of all the girls that have been after me… of all the girls that have wanted to change the bad guy in me… it had to be you I fell in love with.”

 

 

“Karma’s a .” That was all Jiyeon could say.

 

 

They both end their conversation as soon as Chief Won Bin entered the conference hall. He stood in the middle of the platform and held everyone’s attention.

 

 

“Okay, let’s get straight to the point. We have a lot of work to do for the day. Yes. The rumor is true, we have a new resident. As you all know, one of our surgeons in pedia went off to Africa for his medical mission. So we had to get a new surgeon to take his place. The new surgeon is a female. She completed her degree in Oxford Universiy and also had her internship there…”

 

 

“Is she hot, chief?” Minho shouted, getting everyone’s attention.

 

 

“Well, you can just see for yourself. Without further a due, please welcome our new resident, Ms. Park Shin Hye.” Then entered Shin Hye, bowing at everyone as she smiled.

 

 

*****

 

 

“What do you mean Mr. Lee switched counsels? Why didn’t I know this? Why didn’t you tell me, Amber? God, we’re scheduled for court in a few hours and I don’t have any idea who I’m up against. You know very well how I hate surprises in court!” Jaejoong scolded his assistant, Amber. The latter just bent down her head and kept on apologizing for telling him late about the important information.

 

 

“Get out of here. Get me anything you can get about the new counsel ASAP.” Jaejoong dismissed Amber angrily. He’s been in a bad mood ever since he got in to the office. He was mad at himself for screwing things up with Jiyeon. She went up to his penthouse. She told him she missed him so much… that was as good as confessing her feelings… or at least giving him hope that somehow, she had the chance of falling in love with him too…

 

 

Jaejoong grasped his hair and gritted his teeth in frustration. Now he doesn’t know how he could ever fix things with Jiyeon.

 

 

“You got Amber drowning in fear. Cut her some slack” Choi Seung Hyun entered his office and sat on one of the chairs across him.

 

 

“You know that all you have to do is smile at the Judge and she’ll throw in the white flag. Just charm her pants off. I’m sure the new counsel is as bad looking as the last one.” Seung Hyun tried appeasing Jaejoong.

 

 

“You know I don’t like surprises when it comes to my cases. I’m never good at surprises.” Jaejoong replied grumpily.

 

 

“So you finally moved in to your penthouse huh?” Seung Hyun diverted the topic. Jaejoong just nodded. Seung Hyun studied him and gave out a mischievous chuckle.

 

 

“Come on… spill it… you and I both know that the reason you’re pissed today isn’t because of this new counsel. It’s because of Jiyeon… so just save us some time and tell me what’s your issue.” Seung Hyun tapped the desk and waited for Jaejoong to speak. He told him what happened and Seung Hyun got mad at him and smacked his head.

 

 

“You first class idiot!” Seung Hyun scolded.

 

 

“You couldn’t keep it in your pants long, huh? You just screwed the little chance you have with Jiyeon.” Seung Hyun scolded him some more.

 

 

“Don’t you think I know that already? I know I screwed up. I don’t know what the hell to do. I’m going crazy… I can’t sleep well at night because I miss her… I don’t know what to do…” Seung Hyun saw the desperation in Jaejoong’s eyes that he could only sympathize with him.

 

 

“Man, I feel like we just went back to when your first love who left you for Europe… what’s her name again?” Seung Hyun murmured. Jaejoong glared at him.

 

 

“Wow, I still hit a nerve whenever I mention her.” Seung Hyun said in amusement.

 

 

“Jiyeon’s different… she’s different…” That was all Jaejoong could utter because Amber came back.

 

 

“Excuse me, Jaejoong…” Amber knocked on the opened glass door of the office. She took a few steps and handed him a printed document.

 

 

“That’s all I could find out about the new counsel. This is going to be his first case… he took up his pre-law degree here in Seoul, went to America for his law degree he also finished his Masters in Family Law in Yale University. He practiced in the US for a bit under his father’s law firm but quit and went back to Seoul. He recently got his license for law practice in South Korea after passing the bar exam.” Amber’s voice trailed off.

 

 

“You can go now, Amber. I’m sorry for las

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter