Kisses

Swapping Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

As soon as Jiyeon was discharged from the hospital, she went straight to work despite Jaejoong's, Minho's and Chief Won Bin’s disapproval. But knowing Jiyeon, she’s not the type of person who can keep still at home and do nothing.

 

 

She was at the Nurse Station looking at the charts of her patients while two interns trail behind her, waiting for her instructions. The two interns were giving each other nervous furtive glances because the Seoul General Hospital’s Voldermort is back and they were the unlucky interns chosen under her care that day.

 

 

When Jiyeon’s phone rang, she handed her charts to one intern then she answered the phone.

 

 

“What?” Jiyeon asked Chaerin, her impatience obvious. She hates being bothered whenever she’s at work but she’s tolerating Chaerin at the moment because of her wedding preparations.

 

 

“Do you seriously need me to answer your question, Chaerin? I’m absolutely not wearing a ing pink gown on your wedding day. I don’t care if it’s your wedding day, you cannot make me wear that gown. NO.” Jiyeon grated. She received a photo on her phone earlier from Chaerin with a pink gown that is to be her gown for Chaerin’s wedding.

 

 

“I’m not gonna wear a gown that will make me look like I’m attending a freakin’ prom for the first time, Chaerin. I’ll give you three choices; either the gown is black, red or royal blue. I’m not taking any of your whims.” Jiyeon continued, giving her interns a glare after catching them smiling.

 

 

“Unnie, just please agree to the pink gown. You can always just take your revenge on your wedding with Jaejoong.”

 

 

“What are you talking about? I’m not going to get married to anyone. Not ever. Just shut it, Chaerin. I’m working right now and you’re bothering me. Just call me when you finally got some sense into you.” Just as soon as Jiyeon ended the call, she saw Jaejoong strolling towards her with two gift bags that seemed to contain toys. He wore one of his dashing Armani suits looking like he smells so good even though he had a very long day and came straight from work.  

 

 

“Hello.” Jaejoong greets her with a charming smile and casually kisses her lips in front of the interns and the rest of the nurses. Jiyeon was too surprised to give out any kind of reaction; she just blinks and looks at him with a frozen expression. Jaejoong looks at his watch and then holds Jiyeon’s gaze again.

 

 

“You’ll be off in a couple of hours, I made reservations. I’m taking you out to dinner.” Jaejoong said smoothly reaching for Jiyeon’s lower lip gently touching it with his thumb. Before Jiyeon could respond, Jaejoong already turned his back after winking at the interns.

 

 

“See you in two hours.” Jaejoong called out as he walked towards the east wing of the hospital off to visit baby Jessica. Jiyeon glares at the interns, silencing their squeals in an instant.

 

 

“Have you earned the right to smile and squeal at my expense? You don’t even know how to do a proper tracheal intubation. Go and check on my patient in Room 405. Tell me immediately as soon as she urinates.” Jiyeon dismissed her interns, getting the charts back. She started walking to do her rounds when Minho caught up with her, placing his arm around her with a wide smile down at her.

 

 

“Do you have any business with me or are you just wasting my time, Mr. Big Shot?” Jiyeon uttered lazily. She went into the room of one of her patients and she wordlessly checked her vitals, jotting down some notes on the patient’s chart. Minho still had his arm around her shoulders looking over her chart.

 

 

“You spelled it wrong, its double s…” Minho murmured looking over Jiyeon’s shoulder. She looks at him with murder in her eyes.

 

 

“Do I look like I’m asking your opinion?” Jiyeon replied but she changes the spelling anyway. She shrugs off his arm and places the chart on the chart pocket located at the foot of the hospital bed. She walks out of the room and Minho catches up with her placing his arm back around her shoulders.

 

 

“Don’t you have s to get done? Jaws to cut? Nose to fix?” Jiyeon asked sarcastically. Jiyeon’s mockery on Minho being a plastic surgeon never ends. Minho just laughs it off and takes one of her charts as they go into another patient’s room.

 

 

“How are you today, Mrs. Lee? I’m Dr. Im Jiyeon’s assistant for today. I just need to check your heartbeat.” Minho greeted the patient with a charming smile and the patient smiled back warmly. Jiyeon just stood beside the patient and crossed her arms over chest, watching Minho’s every move.

 

 

They got out of the patient’s room and Minho goes back to draping his arm around Jiyeon’s shoulders.

 

 

“Jessica’s recovering well. Pretty strong girl.” Minho told her casually. Jiyeon gives him a blank look.

 

 

“Any signs of GVHD?” Jiyeon asked in a low voice, feigning any signs of serious concern.

 

 

“They’re pretty positive about her condition. She has a very strong immune system.” Minho replied. When he saw Jiyeon getting uncomfortable, Minho decided to change the topic.

 

 

“You’ve been working all day. You don’t feel tired? You should go home, you’re starting to stink.” Minho winked at her.

 

 

“I’m going home soon. I just have to finish my rounds… no, I think Jae’s taking me out to have dinner.” Jiyeon answered casually.

 

 

“So you and flower boy, huh?” Minho looked straight and sighed.

 

 

“We’re not… It’s nothing like what you’re thinking…” Jiyeon murmured hesitantly.

 

 

“So what are you guys really? Coz if you ask everyone else, it looks like you guys are making sweet love together…” Minho teased. Jiyeon elbows his ribs and walks ahead. Jiyeon suddenly stops a few feet away from one of the patient’s room. She looks across the glass window. Minho catches up and looks at Jiyeon and his eyes trail on where she was looking at.

 

 

There they saw Jaejoong sitting beside Jessica’s bed. She sat up on her bed playing with a huge Teddy bear that looks like what Jaejoong brought her. Jaejoong was holding a minion stuffed toy playing along with Jessica. He was smiling at her lovingly as she kept on flailing the Teddy bear’s arms.

 

 

He leans closer to her, placing his cheek in front of her, then he gently taps his cheek as if asking for a kiss from Jessica. The child eagerly complies and showers him with kisses.  The child taps her cheeks as well and Jaejoong laughs before kissing both of her cheeks and giving her a warm embrace.

 

 

Just shortly after, Shin Hye comes in the room, her smile beaming at them. She stood at the opposite side of Jaejoong and she held out her stethoscope placing it on Jessica’s chest. She was saying something to Jessica with her eyes sparkling making Jessica smile back at her. Shin Hye jots something on the chart and then she places it down, touching the Teddy bear Jessica was holding.

 

 

Jiyeon watches them silently as Jaejoong and Shin Hye plays with Jessica, cheering her up. Minho silently stands beside her.

 

 

They look like a happy family. Jaejoong would be a really great cool dad while Shin Hye would definitely be the loving and caring mom. They woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter