Wedding Dress

Swapping Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon just arrived at the hospital. The interns and nurses were looking at her weirdly because Jiyeon was humming as she walked out of the locker room. She was oblivious to the weird stares and just stayed in her own little world.

 

 

She barely got three hours of sleep but she was nowhere near cranky.  She kept on getting flashbacks of what happened last night…or rather until early that morning. Jiyeon recalled the first time she made love with Jaejoong. It was so intense, they were both silent, as if talking to each other through their eyes and their bodies were in sync. Jaejoong kept her up all night and didn’t even let her rest between lovemaking. Jaejoong told her that all those months that they slept together on the same bed without anything happening should be enough rest for Jiyeon. She started complaining and asked Jaejoong to get off her but Jaejoong would kiss her until she conceded and gave in to her own urges. Their lovemaking was exhilaratingly different. They showered each other with soft kisses and then they start laughing for no reason and then they’d kiss passionately again. It was nothing Jiyeon ever experienced in the past. It was special.

 

 

Jiyeon went to the Nurse Station where her interns were waiting for her. She puts her hand out and asks for her patients’ charts. She looks at each chart carefully. She hands a couple of charts back to them. Both interns look at each other dumbly and then their eyes trail back to Jiyeon.

 

 

“Look at it closely and then correct the mistake. Get back to me when it’s done.” Jiyeon said calmly. The interns looked like a bucket of water was splashed on their faces. They were baffled because Jiyeon wasn’t scolding them like she normally would. Their heads turned as Jiyeon walked away from them humming along a tune.

 

 

“Is the world about to end?” One of the interns asked in a whisper.

 

 

“I think so.” The other intern replied.

 

 

*****

 

 

Jiyeon went out for her lunch time to accompany Chaerin and do her maid of honor duties. She met up with Chaerin in the Vera Wang boutique in Seoul. Chaerin conceded to a royal blue color motif even though she really wanted pink, just so Jiyeon would wear a gown on her wedding.

 

 

“So what am I supposed to do here?” Jiyeon sat down on the couch beside Chaerin. She tossed her bag on the side and put her feet up on the coffee table. Chaerin pushed her feet away.

 

 

“Unnie, please behave a little. This isn’t some cheap boutique.” Chaerin scolded her. Jiyeon just shrugged and closed her eyes and placed her feet back on the coffee table.

 

 

Jiyeon tried on her gown and checked herself in the mirror. It suited her fine. It wasn’t flirty, ty nor was it revealing. It was elegant, classy and yet y. Chaerin smiled at her in approval and took pictures of her so she could document it in her files.

 

 

“Unnie…” Chaerin murmured and smiled at Jiyeon, and the moment Chaerin batted her eyelashes Jiyeon knew that Chaerin was up to something.

 

 

“What is it?” Jiyeon asked Chaerin. She crossed her arms over her chest and tapped her foot impatiently.

 

 

“Uhm… you know what they say about brides trying on their wedding dress is bad luck, right?” Chaerin bit her lip and looked at Jiyeon hopefully.

 

 

“Oh no, Chaerin. Please tell me you’re not thinking what I think you’re thinking right now…” Jiyeon immediately picked up what Chaerin wanted. She was frantic.

 

 

“Unnie, please….” Chaerin pleaded, holding on to Jiyeon’s arm dearly.

 

 

“I am absolutely not trying your wedding gown!!! Absolutely not!!!” Jiyeon declared vehemently.

 

 

“I would rather die!!!” Jiyeon glared at Chaerin. But the moment Chaerin looked at her with her sad eyes and pouting lips, looking like she’s been wronged, Jiyeon knew she couldn’t just say no to her.

 

 

“Oh god, this is why I hate having girl friends… they fuss about everything, they make you feel guilty… they make you do things you don’t want to do… thank goodness you’re the only pain in my .” Jiyeon nagged but was already walking inside the dressing room to try on Chaerin’s wedding gown.

 

 

“Thank you, unnie! You’re the best maid of honor in the world!” Chaerin squealed.

 

 

“Shut up, Chae, I’m the only maid of honor you have. Of course you’ll say that.” Jiyeon fired back.

 

 

Chaerin was waiting for Jiyeon to come out of the dressing room when she thought of a bright idea. She got her phone out and made a video call to Seung Hyun.

 

 

“Baby, are you at the office???” Chaerin asked smiling at Seung Hyun on her phone. She was whispering so Jiyeon wouldn’t hear her.

 

 

“Yes.” Seung Hyun answered.

 

 

“Go to Jaejoong oppa’s office. Quick!” Chaerin whispered. Seung Hyun complied and went to Jaejoong’s office. Chaerin instructed them to just be quiet and wait. Chaerin switched the camera towards the area where Jiyeon is to come out. Chaerin fixed herself and acted as if she was just texting on her phone.

 

 

“Unnie, are you done?” Chaerin asked, calling Jiyeon.

 

 

“Shut up, Chae, don’t be so impatient. I’m not even sure if I should come out. We’re not even the same size, your body is fuller than mine and I look ridiculous.” Jiyeon complained.

 

 

“Come out, unnie, I want to see my wedding gown to see how it looks.” Chaerin replied sweetly.

 

 

Jiyeon eventually came out. She stood in the center platform, lifting her dress so she wouldn’t step on it. She was muttering incoherent complaints all the way through and didn’t even notice Chaerin’s awestruck expression.

 

 

She let go of the dress and it feel beautifully around her, the tail of the dress gracefully cascaded behind her. Chaerin chose a lace tube wedding dress.

 

 

“What!?” Jiyeon looked at Chaerin impatiently. Her brows furrowed, looking at Chaerin’s open mouth noticing the phone she was holding out.

 

 

“Don’t even think about taking a picture of me in a wedding gown using your phone Chaerin because I swear to god I’m going to make you regret it!!!” Jiyeon seethed.

 

 

“I was just… I was just… wow, unnie… you look absolutely breathtaking… wow…” Chaerin said absentmindedly. She was still admiring Jiyeon. Meanwhile, Jaejoong immediately grabbed the phone, shoving Seung Hyun away, he looked at the screen and kept on capturing the video for a photo of Jiyeon in a wedding dress; his heart doubling its beat, seeing Jiyeon so beautiful in a wedding dress.

 

 

Jiyeon got off the platform.

 

 

“I’m taking off this damned wedding dress. It’s making me itchy.” Jiyeon walked towards the wedding dress.

 

 

*****

 

 

Seung Hyun and Jaejoong were asked by Chaerin to pick up the wedding invitations after their work. Jaejoong saved all the pictures on his phone, making one of the pictures a wallpaper on his phone. All the time they were together, Jaejoong just kept on looking at his phone every

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter