The Fighting is Over

Swapping Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jaejoong sat on the couch right in the middle of Jiyeon’s apartment, his chest heaving. He can’t exactly describe what he’s feeling right this moment. After receiving a message from Minho regarding Jiyeon’s flight back to Seoul, he completely went off the rails.

 

 

Frustration. Longing. Desperation. Anger.

 

 

It’s been three months and yet to him it felt like it has been a lifetime. Minho told him where Jiyeon is but he chose not to follow her there. He chose not to go after her.

 

 

Why should he follow someone who chose to run away from him?

 

 

But he suffered miserably as he stood on his pride. He was miserable and mad. They say that it’s better to not make any big decisions whenever one is extremely mad or extremely happy. Well, Jaejoong didn’t give a rat’s . He quit his work right after resolving the case with Lee Jun Ki. And while waiting for Seung Hyun to comeback from his honeymoon with Chaerin, Jaejoong started planning on putting up their very own law firm. Jaejoong buried himself in work as a way of trying to hide behind his longing for Jiyeon.

 

 

But now she’s going back. She’s arriving any minute now. Jaejoong clenched his fist and then he grasped his hair with both hands. He imagined this scenario in his head a thousand times. He imagined himself making her pay for what she put him through for leaving. He imagined himself keeping his cool and act as if he didn’t notice that she left at all. He imagined himself acting like his life moved on smoothly as soon as she left.

 

 

He was the only one who really put the effort in their relationship. It’s always been him reaching out to her. It’s always been him being expressive with his feelings. It’s always been him fighting for her... always him doing the chasing. He had his pride and he’s had enough of being trampled on just because he loves her to insanity.

 

 

The door opened and Jaejoong immediately looked up and anticipated Jiyeon’s appearance with bated breath.

 

 

Then there she was, walking inside her apartment, kicking off her shoes, with her bag in tow, oblivious of the fact that he was sitting on the couch watching her every move.

 

 

“You might as well wear your shoes again and bring your bag outside. You don’t live here anymore.” Jaejoong finally uttered. His voice was low and cold, not a hint of emotion showing on his face. Jiyeon’s head jerked towards him and held his cold gaze. She looked startled for a second but she veiled her emotion and started opening for a quick retort but Jaejoong cut her off. He stood up and walked towards her.

 

 

He stood in front of her, his eyes fierce, looking like he was about to explode.

 

 

“You don’t get to say a single word, Jiyeon. Not this time. You don’t get to complain, you don’t get to utter a sarcastic retort. You’re not going to say a single thing.” Jaejoong grated, his voice veiled with threat that it will cost her if she disobeys him. He grabbed her wrist and led her outside towards the elevator and they went up to his penthouse. Jiyeon didn’t even get to wear her shoes back, Jaejoong was too furious to care.

 

 

Jaejoong led her to his penthouse and he was looking at her standing in the middle of the living room.

 

 

“You have no idea what hell I’ve been through… you have no ing idea…” Jaejoong said fiercely. He was a few feet away from her. He held her gaze. She just stood there, she wasn’t moving, her face expressionless. He felt like he was being insulted because he imagined her fighting, he imagined her spitting out sarcastic indifferent remarks but he never imagined her staying quiet. It was as if she was just indulging him for his silly little tantrum.

 

 

He walked towards her and closed the distance between them. His eyes lingered on her face. He was supposed to be angry at her. He was supposed to make her pay for leaving him and yet he found his anger slowly slipping away as he studied her face and really look at her… see through her.

 

 

He noticed that she lost weight. Her eyes looked tired and her cheeks hollow. She looked drained and yet she was struggling to look like she’s well and everything’s fine and dandy. He lifted his hand and gently cupped her cheek.

 

 

“I swore to myself I’m going to make you pay for leaving without a word… leaving me as if I wasn’t worth a single explanation…” Jaejoong murmured, his eyes glistening with tears as his longing for Jiyeon slowly consumed him until he couldn’t take it any longer.

 

 

He lost the single thread of control he had left and kissed Jiyeon with so much passion and demand that she almost crushed underneath his arms. All his anger and longing exploded through his kisses and Jiyeon was pliant and returned his kisses as if she too longed for him in desperation.

 

 

He lifted her in one swift move and her legs automatically clung unto his hips, their kisses unrelenting as he led her to his bed.

 

 

He made love to her slowly and intensely as if torturing her, making her beg for more, making her admit that she too was as crazy for him as he is crazy about her.  

 

 

They lied down on the bed, their bodies clung to each other, chests heavily breathing. Jiyeon sighed and snuggled unto him, resting her head at the crook of his neck, smelling his natural scent.

 

 

“Jaejoong…” She murmured after planting a kiss on his neck.

 

 

“You still don’t get to speak. I’m still mad at you.” Jaejoong said softly. He pulled her closer with his arm latching on to her waist while his other hand started playing with her hair. Jiyeon just moaned in response.

 

 

“When Minho said you left I felt like I received a good blow in the head that knocked me out… and when he told me what happened to you when you gave birth to Jessica… I felt so low and empty... I felt like my whole world is crumbling into pieces and all I could do is watch it...”

 

 

“I went mad… completely mad that I felt like there was no more reason to get up in the morning… Minho, as much as I don’t like the guy… helped me… tried to pull me out of the hell hole I locked myself into. He said that as much as he wanted to keep his promise to you… he couldn’t stand how miserable I was becom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter