Surrender

Swapping Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jiyeon wakes up tangled in Jaejoong’s arms. She can barely remember what happened the night before but she felt rejuvenated because she was able to sleep eight straight hours. She slowly untangled herself from Jaejoong’s arms. She washed her face in her bathroom and went out towards the kitchen, still clad in her tank top and knickers.

 

 

“Oh, you’re awake now. Good morning!” Shin Hye greeted immediately upon seeing Jiyeon. She was in the kitchen preparing breakfast.

 

 

“I prepared pancakes and bacon. Sit down and I’ll get you your coffee.” Shin Hye smiled but Jiyeon could see the forced smile on Shin Hye’s lips, she also saw the redness in her eyes that seemed as though she cried herself to sleep. Jiyeon kept quiet and just sat down, her eyes still observing Shin Hye.

 

 

“There…” Shin Hye gave her coffee and sat down across from her. Just then, Jaejoong emerges from the room, still dressed in his slacks, his white polo shirt opened showing his white wifebeater underneath, his hair was messy but he still looked devastatingly breathtaking.

 

 

Jaejoong stopped in his tracks when he saw Jiyeon and Shin Hye across each other at the dining table. Shin Hye just looked down on the table, not knowing what to do or what to say while Jiyeon raised an eyebrow at him. Jiyeon finally clears .

 

 

“There’s pancakes and bacon.” She told Jaejoong, asking him to sit down with them. Jaejoong reluctantly sits down and finds himself in the middle of the two girls. All three of them couldn’t deny the growing tense atmosphere in the room.

 

 

Shin Hye gets up and gets a plate for Jaejoong. She quietly places it in front of Jaejoong and out of sheer reflex, Jiyeon gets the plates and utensils to wipe it clean for him but she stops when she sees Shin Hye’s hands extended towards the utensils as she was about to do the same thing. They look at each other and Jiyeon just makes a hand gesture and tells her to go on. Shin Hye softly apologizes and tries to tell her that she can do it.

 

 

“Well, isn’t this too cozy?” Jiyeon says with a hint of sarcasm in her voice as she looks at Jaejoong.

 

 

“I’m not in the mood to be a part of this whole thing this early in the morning. So I’ll leave you two. I need to check my patients.” Jiyeon gets up and drinks her coffee empty and turns away. Jaejoong stands up and gets a hold of her wrist. She looks back at him.

 

 

“Jiyeon… we need to talk…” Jaejoong says huskily, his eyes boring into Jiyeon’s.

 

 

“I don’t have time and I’m busy. I don’t know the deal with the two of you and I really don’t care but you two should sort out your issues and leave me out of it. I can’t be bothered with this nonsense.” Jiyeon frees herself from Jaejoong’s hold and proceeds back to her room.

 

 

*****

 

 

The second day of the trial of Jaejoong's and Woobin’s case has just ended. It was a bit uneventful but the courtroom was packed with bystanders and outside the Hall of Justice was filled with the media since they’re handling a high profile case. Both Jaejoong and Woobin agreed to short interviews.

 

 

Jaejoong moves ahead and heads towards his car when he sees Woobin’s car parked beside his car. The moment he heard footsteps and somehow he immediately recognized that it was Woobin behind him with just the sound of his footsteps. He turns back and sees Woobin walking towards him with a usual taunting cool expression on his face.

 

 

Jaejoong just shakes his head and opens the door of his car, determined to ignore Woobin.

 

 

“What’s your relationship with Jiyeon?” Woobin asks him before he got inside the car. Jaejoong studies his expression and he closes the door of his car and turns to face him.

 

 

“Well it’s none of your damn business, is it?” Jaejoong answers him, the muscle on his jaw flexing as the tension between them grew higher. Woobin scoffs and crosses his arms over his chest as he took a few steps closer to Jaejoong.

 

 

“If I were you, I wouldn’t be too sure about that.” Woobin hedged, taunting Jaejoong.

 

 

“Stay away from Jiyeon.” Jaejoong says fiercely, controlling himself from landing a punch on Woobin’s face.

 

 

“As much as I’d love to grant your request, I simply can’t. Jiyeon’s the only reason why I’m here, in Seoul. I came for her… and I will stop at nothing until I get her back.” Woobin’s eyes turned fierce and determined in a flash.

 

 

“You’re just someone from Jiyeon’s past. I love Jiyeon and I will make sure that you stay where you are in her life… in the past.” Jaejoong replies, leveling with his intensity. Woobin gives out a sarcastic chuckle.

 

 

“I’m afraid you’ll just have to step aside and go back to your usual habit of sleeping around because you clearly have no idea what Jiyeon and I shared. Jiyeon and I have unfinished business.” Woobin gave him a triumphant smile which finally ticked Jaejoong’s nerve. The picture of Jiyeon with any other man sets Jaejoong on fire and the thought of her sharing her intimate moments with a guy like Woobin made his blood boil. Before Jaejoong knew it, he already landed a punch on Woobin’s face making the latter fall a few steps back.

 

 

“You punch like a girl.” Woobin laughed out loud. Jaejoong grabs Woobin’s jacket and lands another punch on the same spot in his jaw. Woobin again falls a few steps back. He looks at Jaejoong as he casually nursed the jaw where he was hit. He shakes his head and chuckles as he gazed at Jaejoong’s angry expression. He fixes himself after a few seconds and just scoffs at him. He opens his car and leaves Jaejoong behind.

 

 

Jaejoong’s hands form into fists, feeling more annoyed with himself for losing his control. He was about to turn to his car when he noticed something on the ground where Woobin last stood. It looked like something of Woobin’s.

 

 

He reluctantly took a few steps towards it. He bends down and looks at it. It was a journal. An old medical journal from Yale University that looked like it was from years back and it was folded in half.

 

 

Jaejoong slowly leafed through the pages and he held his breath upon seeing a page. He couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw Jiyeon on the page with an article written about her being the youngest senior medical student in the history of Yale University. The picture had Jiyeon posing for the camera, her face expressionless but her eyes looked sad and distraught. But the most shocking part of the picture which took Jaejoong by surprise is the bump on Jiyeon’s belly looking like she was seven months pregnant.

 

 

*****

 

 

“Come on, you have to do this! Please!!! I’d really owe you if you do this for me, Jiyeon baby… please!” Minho has been following Jiyeon like a dog ever since she got inside the hospital. He’s been trying to convince her to take on a case for his foundation. If he’s busy with a patient, he made sure he had his good looking young interns following her. He made stern instructions that they should not be fazed with Jiyeon’s scary theatrics.

 

 

“If you value your life, Minho, you'd better stay out of my way. I’m busy and you really don’t want to piss me off.” Jiyeon gritted her teeth as she dropped the charts of her consults on the Nurse’s Station.

 

 

“Excuse me Dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter