That Tingly Feeling

Swapping Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Jaejoong oppa, unnie hates eating vegetables but as long as you cook vegetables with beef or pork she’ll eat it. She’s allergic to peanuts, she gets rashes but it’s nothing deadly. Don’t worry about unnie’s food and toiletries, when I do groceries, I’ll make sure to get things for her as well.” Chaerin already spent an hour following Jaejoong around like a dog while he was moving his things from his apartment to Jiyeon’s apartment.

 

 

“As you already know she strips right when she walks in the apartment, if you’d be kind enough to pick up her trail of clothes and just put them in her hamper in the bedroom. I’ll pick up her laundry when I do mine.” They were in Jiyeon’s bedroom and Chaerin was still preoccupied with thinking if she forgot anything.

 

 

“Chae, last time I checked you’re just moving across the hall. You’re not moving to another country. You have to chill on your instructions. It’s not like Jiyeon is invalid or something.” Jaejoong yawned nonchalantly, trying to brush off Chaerin who’s been pestering him about Jiyeon.

 

 

“No. You have to listen. This is important!!!” Chaerin raised her voice.

 

 

“Look, I don’t have time to babysit Jiyeon. She’s a big girl. She’ll live without you.” Jaejoong started hanging his rack of designer suits in the walk in closet and he was arranging them according to its shades. Jiyeon’s clothes just took a quarter of space in the walk in closet and the rest were pretty much Chaerin’s space which is now what Jaejoong will be occupying.

 

 

“You don’t understand. She can’t be bothered with trivial things like these. She always takes herself for granted. She’s on call 24/7 and she doesn’t even take any vitamins. I worry about her all the time. I feel bad enough leaving her in your hands. No one’s gonna take care of her now…” Chaerin said guiltily as she sat on their bed. She ran her hands on the bed sheets and smiled sadly.

 

 

“She’s really very particular in her bed so don’t mess it… don’t get food on it… don’t stain the bed… She sleeps on the left side of the bed, don’t ever mess with her bed sheets. I always have her bed sheets dry cleaned and I use a lavender scented fabric spray… she likes her pillows fluffy and big so don’t ever mess with those as well… I know this sounds so complicated but I’ve tried many things but the lavender scent is the only effective scent that kept her from having nightmares again.” Chaerin caught Jaejoong’s attention.

 

 

"Nightmares?” Jaejoong went out of the walk in closet and stepped in the bedroom and then looked at Chaerin with a questioning gaze. She bit her lip as if she was hesitant if she should answer him or not.

 

 

“When I first met her and first moved in this apartment with her, she didn’t sleep very much. It’s kind of like she doesn’t let herself drift off to sleep. She takes an hour or so of sleep and then wakes up, watches her medical videos and then sleeps again for another hour. When I asked her about it she really didn’t want to tell me but it slipped when we got drunk on her birthday… she said that she hasn’t gotten a decent sleep ever since her parents died because she keeps on getting nightmares. I don’t really know how her parents died but it must’ve been so traumatic for her that she kept on getting nightmares about it…” Jaejoong slowly walked towards Chaerin and sat beside her. He could feel the worry in Chaerin’s voice.

 

 

“I’ll take care of her. Don’t worry.” Jaejoong assured Chaerin as he gently squeezed her shoulder.

 

 

“Thank you. I remember when we started living as housemates. She really didn’t talk to me at first. She was just forced to take a housemate because the allowance she got from the hospital while she was doing her internship wasn’t enough to keep up with the rent and expenses. And I just graduated. It took me months before I could persuade her to go and hang out with me. She just took pity at me because I was going to spend my birthday alone if she didn’t hang out…” Chaerin bit her lip, stopping herself from getting sentimental.

 

 

“It took me a year to break through her wall. I almost gave up but she eventually warmed up to me. She may act like a mean but she’s a great person. She’s a very warm and caring person. One time, when we caught my ex boyfriend cheating on me, she walked up to him and made a scene at the restaurant. She broke my ex boyfriend’s nose and pretended to be his girlfriend telling him that she will never abort their baby even if it means he’d leave her.” Chaerin chuckled.

 

 

“Yeah. That sounds so much like Jiyeon.” Jaejoong agreed and smiled.

 

 

All of a sudden, Chaerin faced him and held his hands, squeezing them. She looked at him straight in his eyes.

 

 

“Seung Hyun says that I shouldn’t worry because he already warned you a thousand times… I know you treat girls like you’re just changing clothes… I also know that you have this attraction for my unnie. Not that unnie will ever fall for your tricks… but don’t you ever try playing with my unnie’s feelings. Because I swear to God I’m going to kill you and before I do, I’ll make sure I’ll castrate you first. Do you understand?” Chaerin’s voice was as cold as ice that Jaejoong had to shiver and swallow a lump of saliva in his throat.

 

 

“Relax. I wouldn’t want a witch like her.” Jaejoong answered hesitantly and then he stood up and headed back to the walk in closet, trying to brush off the gnawing feeling of Chaerin’s threat.

 

 

*****

 

 

“Who paged me?” Jiyeon asked the head nurse while checking the charts of her patients.

 

 

“You have a visitor. Another handsome bloke. Where do you get all these men?” The nurse asked her playfully. Jiyeon frowned at the nurse. She placed the charts on the counter and then flicked her finger in the air so the interns would come closer.

 

 

“Intern one, order a CT scan for Mr. Lee. Intern two, monitor Ms. Kim every hour, as soon as she urinates get a sample and have it tested immediately. Intern three I want you to keep your eyes on the baby. Don’t sleep don’t leave her don’t even breathe. If her heart rate goes up do a code red and page me immediately.” The three interns who were standing behind Jiyeon shakily took the charts one by one giving each other nervous glances.

 

 

“What the hell are you still doing here? Your patients can’t afford to wait until you get your IQs from your shoes and put ‘em back to your brains where they should belong. Go! Go! Go! Scram!!!” Jiyeon watched her interns scurry away as if their lives depended on it.

 

 

“No wonder they call you Medusa.” Seung Hyun’s voice emerged from behind her. Jiyeon turned around and saw Seung Hyun with his arms over his chest looking at her with a smirk on his lips.

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Jiyeon frowned.

 

 

“Wow, such a warm welcome.” Seung Hyun walked towards her.

 

 

“I’m busy.” Jiyeon turned her back on him so she could start walking but he held her elbow.

 

 

“Have coffee with me.” Seung Hyun uttered seriously. Jiyeon didn’t really want to talk to him but when he mentioned coffee, her taste buds suddenly crav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter