The Cynics

Swapping Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“I can’t believe you forced me in to taking a vacation leave for this BS. I’m not even the least bit interested in skiing.” Jiyeon seethed as she carried her luggage. She was not a happy camper. Chaerin ‘forced’ her by trying to make her feel guilty because she doesn’t want to go to this skiing trip.

 

 

Chaerin decided to have a little R&R with Seung Hyun, her beloved unnie and Jaejoong in a skiing trip for her birthday celebration. Jiyeon didn’t want to go at all. She wanted to do a triple shift because her boss Won Bin is on leave. She wanted to take over his surgeries instead of giving it away to others. But Chaerin just had to bat her lashes, pout her lips and look like Puss N Boots and Jiyeon was already sold… although unwillingly.

 

 

“Relax, unnie… you could really use some rest and relaxation. You haven’t had a vacation in a long time. You’ll enjoy this trip.” Chaerin smiled at her brightly. Jiyeon just snarled and walked pass Chaerin. She was too tired to even argue with Chaerin.

 

 

“Damn it Chae, what did you put in my bag? It’s freakin heavy. Did you buy me a pair of new ski outfit too? I told you I don’t have any intentions of skiing.” Jiyeon grunted and dropped her bag on the floor, creating a heavy thud. They stopped in front of the concierge of the Inn they were staying in for the next two days.

 

 

“We reserved for three rooms. One suite and two regular rooms.” Chaerin informed the lady.

 

 

“Ms. Chaerin Lee?” The lady confirmed. She looked confused as she read her computer screen.

 

 

“Uhmm… I apologize. There seems to have been a misunderstanding. I only see two suites for your reservation.” The lady looked so worried and alarmed when she looked up and saw Chaerin’s surprised expression.

 

 

“Chae, I switched the reservations. It would save us almost half the price for the two regular rooms if we take just take one suite. I figured we could just use the money for a few more bottles of Dom Perignon… and our rooms would just be next to each other compared to the regular rooms we’d be a few floors down…” Jaejoong explained. Seung Hyun looked at his friend suspiciously but decided to keep quiet about it. Chaerin on the other hand, seems to have considered Jaejoong’s explanation a valid one.

 

 

“Besides… it’s not like Jiyeon and I don’t sleep together every night.” Jaejoong trailed off. He kept on reminding himself, fiercely and forcefully that he did this not because he will miss Jiyeon if he doesn’t sleep next to her… he did this not because he wants to be with Jiyeon… he kept on reminding himself that he did this just because of pure practicality.

 

 

“Geesh. Just get this done and over with. I want to go to bed and sleep.” Jiyeon scratched her head and stretched her arms up. Chaerin thought for a moment and then talked to the lady. She took two keys and gave one to Jaejoong.

 

 

“Finally.” Jiyeon uttered in relief. She was about to carry her bag when Jaejoong shoved her hands away and carried her bag as if he was doing a perfectly normal act.

 

 

“Carry mine, it’s lighter.” Jaejoong tells Jiyeon and walks ahead of her towards the elevator.

 

 

Chaerin and Seung Hyun get in their room and so do Jiyeon and Jaejoong. She kicks off her shoes, her jacket, pants and leaves her sweater on and jumps in on the bed while rubbing her arms and legs against the soft sheets.

 

 

She closed her eyes and smelled the scent. She opened her eyes and saw lavenders placed on both pillows.

 

 

“Wow. Neat. Lavender.” Jiyeon smiles absentmindedly as she continued smelling the pillows.

 

 

Jaejoong just smiled at her while he was picking up her discarded clothes. He didn’t tell her that it was his special request to have lavender scent on the bed sheets so that Jiyeon would be able to sleep soundly. He told himself it was a perfectly normal thing to do because Chaerin would do the same request if she were to room with Jiyeon.

 

 

“What time are we going to have dinner?” Jiyeon asked Jaejoong as she slid underneath the thick blanket.

 

 

“In a couple of hours. Give or take.” Jaejoong answers as he started unpacking their things in the closet. Jiyeon groans.

 

 

“I don’t want to have to get up and dress up for dinner. I’m too tired. Just go ahead and don’t wake me up, tell Chaerin I’m going to sleep. Please turn the heater on for me when you go out.” Jiyeon murmurs as she rolled around the bed and hid underneath the blanket. Jaejoong looked at her and sighed. She was still obviously tired. She came straight for her shift, she did back to back surgeries that had her standing for more than twelve hours.

 

 

Jaejoong turned the heater on and called Chaerin’s room.

 

 

“Chae… we can’t come to dinner… you should have your alone time with Seung Hyun… Jiyeon’s asleep now. Yes, yes… we’ll just order room service… Yes… you don’t have to tell me… I’ll wake her up later so she can eat…” Jaejoong ended the call.

 

 

After unpacking and cleaning up, Jaejoong called room service and ordered food for both of them to be delivered later for dinner time. He sat on the bed and looked at Jiyeon’s sleeping face. He didn’t realize the smile that painted on his lips as he brushed away a lock of Jiyeon’s hair.

 

 

“Jiyeon looks like an angel when she’s sleeping…”  Jaejoong chuckled and shook his head. He was quite amused at the irony that Jiyeon is the exact opposite whenever she’s awake.

 

 

“Mom… dad…” JIyeon whimpers in her sleep. She shakes a little and it looks like she was crying in her sleep. Jaejoong freezes and looks at Jiyeon. He didn’t know whether he should wake up Jiyeon or not. Jaejoong her hair and Jiyeon settles in a bit but after a few minutes she starts whimpering again.

 

 

Jaejoong slips in underneath the blanket and lies next to Jiyeon and he pulls her in his arms. He gently places her head on his chest and embraces her, his hand rubbing her back, trying to calm her down. Jiyeon gently brushes her cheek against his chest and places her arm around his waist and her leg in between his.

 

 

Jaejoong holds his breath as their bodies stay glued to each other. He could feel every inch of her body against his.

 

 

“Mom… dad…” Jiyeon whimpers again.

 

 

“It’s okay… I’m here…” Jaejoong whispers in her ear as he kept on rubbing her back.

 

 

*****

 

 

It was already almost ten in the evening when Chaerin and Seung Hyun walked in on Jaejoong and Jiyeon’s room. She had to get another set of card key from the concierge because Jaejoong and Jiyeon weren’t answering. They didn’t even answer the room service earlier that they just had to deliver the food to Chaer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter