Meet Our Heroine

Swapping Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“That was great babe.” Lee Minho gently kissed Jiyeon’s bare shoulder. They were both in the on-call room where doctors and nurses could take a quick nap. One thing is for sure though, they weren’t napping.

 

 

Jiyeon raised her eyebrow at Minho. She sat up and reached for her scrubs to cover herself, completely ignoring Minho.

 

 

Silence enveloped the on-call room. Minho looked at her and an image of a five year old boy mourning over his spilled ice cream reflected on his face. Jiyeon just grunted as she stood up and reached for her coat and stethoscope.

 

 

“We both don’t have duty tomorrow do you want to drop by at Tequila Joe’s later to grab a drink?” Minho asked hopeful. Tequila Joe is the bar across the hospital where all the nurses, interns, residents and attending physicians (attending for short) hang out after work.

 

 

“No.” Jiyeon answered curtly as if she was looking at a stranger. She could’ve almost fool him and he almost believed that they didn’t just have together a few minutes ago.

 

 

“Do you have plans?” Minho sat up and ran his fingers through his disheveled hair, his bare chest rising and falling as he breathed heavily. He was the resident “manwhore” of Seoul General Hospital. When a lady wants him, he doesn’t refuse. He had this famous reputation of giving ladies multiple mind blowing s. Everyone tried tying him down but he refused every single girl that wanted a relationship with him. It’s not his cup of tea.

 

 

“No.” Jiyeon answered again. She was now tying her hair in a messy bun with a rubber band.

 

 

“Well, I can just drop you home later.” Jiyeon sighed heavily and looked at Minho tiredly.

 

 

“I’d appreciate if you’d stop being clingy. Look, I don’t want to hang out and date you. This thing between us is just . So, after we’re done… I don’t want you to talk… I don’t want you to ask me out… I don’t want to hang out with you. Okay?” Jiyeon bent down and patted Minho’s cheek.

 

 

“If you want to have with me again, you have to get tested every week and show it to me. God knows how many ladies you’ve been with. I’ll page you when I need you. Have a great day.” Jiyeon closed the door and left Minho speechless in the on-call room.

 

 

If you’re looking for the typical shy al heroine then I’m sorry to disappoint you because Jiyeon is exactly the opposite. She’s your no nonsense blunt cutthroat badass heroine. She can do open by-pass surgery with her eyes closed. When you ask her a question, she answers straight to the point... no frills… no fuss… and certainly no sugarcoating involved.

 

 

She’s an orphan now. Her parents died when she just graduated high school, got her pre-med course and med school via scholarship grant. She only has one friend, her name is Chaerin. Well, that’s only because she can only attach herself to one person… that’s her limit… everyone else that tries to get close to her, she discards like yesterday’s trash.

 

 

Jiyeon stopped by Tequila Joe’s to get a drink before going home. She sat by the bar and the bartender immediately gave her her favorite mojitos and her tequila shot without the need for asking. She drank her shot of tequila and enjoyed the alcohol searing then drank her mojitos as her chaser.

 

 

“Minho oppa you look so handsome today.” A girl with a very squeaky voice caught Jiyeon’s attention. She looked over her shoulder and saw the nurse from the west wing of the hospital clinging on to Minho’s neck like a monkey. She caught Minho staring at her. Instead of smiling at him, she just gave him a nod and asked the bartender for round two.

 

 

“Why do girls need to cling on to guys like monkeys and speak in retarded baby voice? It’s a pity what the world has become today.” Jiyeon told the bartender with a stoic face. She rested her chin on her palm and sighed.

 

 

It’s been a long day for her. She scrubbed in on Chief Won Bin’s Aorta Surgery for abdominal aorta aneurysm on a patient that lasted for twelve hours.  She’s dead tired but she doesn’t really get some sleep even if she’s tired. She’s an insomniac. So she goes by the bar before going home so she could go straight to sleep once she hits the bed.

 

 

“Don’t ask me. I have no idea.” Jaebum, the bartender, raised his shoulder after giving her a new set of drinks.

 

 

“Don’t be a hypocrite, you fall for those girls. You flirt with all the girls here.” Jiyeon scoffed and smelled her tequila shot, enjoying the scent.

 

 

“No. I don’t sh*t on where I eat.” Jaebum shook his head. He left her for a while to attend to other customers.

 

 

“Jaejoong oppa, why are you doing this to me? Why are you avoiding me? Why are you with this ? I’m your girlfriend.” A blonde girl’s voice was trembling. Jiyeon sighed and looked at the girl standing beside her, facing the guy apparently named Jaejoong with another girl in his arms. He was wearing a black Armani suit and he looked like he was cut out straight from a GQ magazine cover. Crisp, clean, dashing and breathtaking.

 

 

“Jessica, we were never together. You knew from the start that I don’t do relationships. If you don’t want to humiliate yourself any further, I suggest you go home and get some rest.” The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter