When Mufasa made her cry

Swapping Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Chief…” Jiyeon pleaded helplessly. Won Bin looked at her in a hopeful manner with his kid Yoo Jin beside him looking up at Jiyeon with a sly grin on his face.

 

 

“Jiyeon, please… I just need to find my son Baekhyun. It’s already getting late and he’s still not here and he’s not answering his phone. Yoo Jin is relatively a tame kid. He plays by himself with his toys. He won’t be such a bother.” Won Bin patted Yoo Jin’s head and the boy looked up at him and smiled cutely while batting his lashes.

 

 

Jiyeon scoffed. She could see right through the kid. She could see the mischief hiding behind those cute sparkling eyes. She could see him wreaking havoc when his father is not around.

 

 

“I’m not very good with kids. Chief I’m not a baby sitter.” Jiyeon told Won Bin blankly.

 

 

“I’ll give you my three difficult cases and you can operate on them alone.” Won Bin knew exactly what would catch Jiyeon’s interest.

 

 

“What three cases?” Jiyeon asked as she shifted her weight on her other foot while crossing her arms over her chest.

 

 

“You get to choose.” Won Bin smiled at her… the kind of smile that made her insides flutter.

 

 

“Okay. Just make sure you return as soon as you find your other son.” Jiyeon said hesitantly, looking away at Won Bin.

 

 

“Thank you, Jiyeon. I owe you. Here are his toys, milk and some clothes. I’ll be back as soon as I can.” Jiyeon never saw this father side of her boss. She only saw the heart surgeon side of him. She was watching Won Bin walk away when someone pulled her shirt down repeatedly. She looked down and saw Yoo Jin grinning.

 

 

“Mama, let’s play.” Yoo Jin puffed his cheeks and looked at her with smiling eyes. Jiyeon bent down so she could level with Yoo Jin.

 

 

“Look, kid, I’m not your mother. And stop acting cute. It’ll never work on me. Let’s go to my suite and you can do your thing there.” Jiyeon stood up and held Yoo Jin’s hand, leading him towards the elevator.

 

 

When they arrived in the suite, they found Jaejoong watching television. He looked like he was watching television but it doesn’t seem like he was engaged to what was being aired. He was deep in his thoughts that he didn’t even notice Jiyeon and Yoo Jin walking in.

 

 

Yoo Jin bounced towards the couch where Jaejoong was. He looked at the television and then to Jaejoong and then back to the television.

 

 

“Mama. It doesn’t look like he’s watching TV. You know, dad does that sometimes. He even whispers mama’s name.” Yoo Jin whispered as Jiyeon sat beside him.

 

 

“Kid, I swear I’m gonna lose it. Stop calling me mama. I’m not your mother.” Jiyeon hissed. Jaejoong finally got out from his reverie and looked at Yoo Jin and Jiyeon beside him. He was obviously startled to see them there.

 

 

“What’s he doing here?” Jaejoong asked looking at Yoo Jin.

 

 

“I’m babysitting him while Chief looks for Yoo Jin’s older brother.” Jiyeon answered putting her feet up on the table.

 

 

“What’s the catch?” Jaejoong asked automatically as he eyed Yoo Jin, the kid stares back at him with an arrogant look on his face. He knew Jiyeon all too well that she won’t look after a kid it if she doesn’t have to. He’s gotten to know Jiyeon’s personality very much. Jiyeon shrugged.

 

 

“Chief says he’ll give me three of his difficult cases and I get to choose which ones.” Jiyeon smiled. Jaejoong looked at her contentedly and smiled back at her.

 

 

“Nice deal. Well, good luck taking care of this kid. He looks like trouble.” Jaejoong smirked.

 

 

“Well, lucky you because you’re taking care of him too.” Jiyeon stood up and stretched her arms. Jaejoong looked at her with a panic stricken face.

 

 

“Oh no no no no no. I am not taking care of this rascal.” Jaejoong looked at the kid and then back to Jiyeon.

 

 

“Oh come on. Aren’t you man enough to take care of a little innocent boy.” Jiyeon raised her eyebrow at him, her stance taunting him.

 

 

“I am a lawyer not a baby sitter!!!” Jaejoong said defiantly.

 

 

“Whatever.” Jiyeon brushed him off and went inside their room.

 

 

“Wait! Don’t leave me with him!!!” Jaejoong called out.

 

 

“Oh geesh. Calm down. I’ll just take a shower. Give him a toy or something.” Jiyeon looked over her shoulder.

 

 

Somehow, forgetting the elevator scene and acting like it didn’t happen was what they both wanted to do. One of the things that they both have in common is that they prefer not to talk about things relating to their feelings or the lack of it. Kind of like a relationship where each other just needs to keep guessing until they both guess the same thing.

 

 

Jaejoong cleared his throat and looked at Yoo Jin. Yoo Jin looked back at him, not daring to blink. He crossed his small arms over his chest and pouted his lips.

 

 

“I don’t like you. I like my Mama Jiyeon.” Yoo Jin said seriously. Jaejoong wanted to laugh when he heard the kid calling Jiyeon his mama. But he thought for a moment. If he calls Jiyeon his mama and he is Won Bin’s kid… then…

 

 

“Jiyeon is not your mother.” Jaejoong said seriously, engaging in a stare-fest with the kid.

 

 

“She’s going to be my mama. I just need to make her say yes.” Yoo Jin said in a matter-of-fact manner.

 

 

“Dream on.” Jaejoong smirked.

 

 

Jiyeon came back and found the two still staring at each other.

 

 

“What are you guys doing?” Jiyeon asked. She was just wearing a big sweater which covered her short shorts underneath, her long legs standing proud and her feet bare. Her hair was still a bit wet and her face make up free.

 

 

Both Jaejoong and Yoo Jin looked at her at the same time, forgetting their little stare-fest game the moment Jiyeon walked in the room. Jaejoong caught his breath as he scanned Jiyeon from head to toe. His heart is beating wildly against his chest deafening him altogether. He couldn’t even hear anything else. It felt like his whole world stop and all he could see is Jiyeon. He wondered why he felt this. He’s seen Jiyeon like this many times before. Maybe it’s because this is the first time he saw her like this after admitting to himself that he’s in love with Jiyeon. Maybe it’s some sort liberation on his part because he never thought he’d fall in love again.

 

 

“Mama Jiyeon!!!” Yoo Jin screamed and charged towards Jiyeon, throwing himself at her fearlessly, trusting that Jiyeon would catch him.

 

 

“Kid, don’t call me mama.” Jiyeon took him in her arms and sat beside Jaejoong.

 

 

“I’m hungry.” Jiyeon murmured while looking at Jaejoong.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter