Diagnosis

Swapping Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Did you leave your brain in med school? How did you even graduate without knowing a simple intubation procedure?” Jiyeon gave her intern the iciest glare she could muster.

 

 

She was having a very bad day today. She’s almost finish with her double shift at work. She’s tired, been awake for almost forty eight hours. Two out of her four operations she assisted died on the table. She’s been branded with the ‘Grim Reaper’ duty on each and every operation she participates in, which means she is tasked with the duty to announce the time of death of the patients.

 

 

Although to her, a dead body is just a corpse, every time a patient dies on her operating table, she can’t help but run each and every step she did during the operation to assess if she did anything wrong. She wants to check and re-assess herself. That’s how much of a perfectionist she is.

 

 

“I’m sorry…” The intern mumbled.

 

 

“Well if the patient died because of a simple intubation your sorry wouldn’t save her. Order a CT for the patient and get out of my face.” Jiyeon said coldly.

 

 

She walked towards the locker room to get her things when she runs into Minho in the nurse’s station flirting with another nurse. She ignores his presence and walks pass them but Minho leaves the nurse and grabs her arm.

 

 

“Hey, you’re going home?” Minho walked beside Jiyeon, now his arm was laced over Jiyeon’s shoulders.

 

 

“Yeah Captain Obvious.” Jiyeon answered lazily.

 

 

“I’ve been waiting for your call…” Minho whispered in a low voice, Jiyeon flinched at the feel of Minho’s hot breath on her ear.

 

 

“Just keep on waiting. I’ll call you when I need .” Jiyeon yawned while shrugging off his arm.

 

 

“We can stop this strictly relationship between us… I want us to be exclusive…” Jiyeon stopped in her tracks and looked at Minho surprised. She blinked a couple of times before regaining back her thoughts. Silence enveloped them both. Minho was holding his breath to wait for Jiyeon to say something.

 

 

“Hey… say something… I said I want us to be exclusive… like in a real relationship…” Minho bit his lip.

 

 

“Are you freakin’ out of your mind!?” Jiyeon burst out laughing. Her eyes tearing up from too much laughing, she was holding her stomach. The whole east wing of the hospital was already looking at both of them weirdly.

 

 

Jiyeon’s laugh subsided and noticed Minho silently looking at her with a defeated look on his face.

 

 

“Oh my, you were serious…” Jiyeon gasped.

 

 

“Look, you know I don’t do relationships, Minho. So don’t even bother asking me. You’re just wasting your time.” Jiyeon gently patted Minho’s cheek. Just then, her phone rang.

 

 

“I’m sorry, I have to take this. See you around.” Jiyeon walked away from him, relieved that she got a phone call so she could escape Minho.

 

 

“Unnie!!! We’ll be having dinner at Seung Hyun’s tonight.” The voice of Chaerin greeted her happily.

 

 

“Seung Hyun who?” Jiyeon asked absentmindedly as she walked inside the locker room.

 

 

“Unnie, Seung Hyun, our devastatingly handsome neighbor from across the hall!”

 

 

“Oh right. You go and have your fun time with that guy. I’ll settle for the left over Chinese Take Out from the other day.” Jiyeon chirped while she opened her locker to get her bag.

 

 

“Unnie, you can’t not have dinner with us. Seung Hyun will cook for us. He wants to get to know you too.”

 

 

“What the hell, Chae? Why does he need to bother? He’s dating you. What have I got to do with your relationship?” Jiyeon raised her voice obviously irritated with what she just heard.

 

 

“Unnie, you’re the only family I have here in Seoul. You’re important to me. So he wants to get to know you.” Chaerin mumbled sweetly. Jiyeon could almost picture Chaerin batting her eyelashes and pouting her lips just to get her to say yes. Jiyeon lets out a defeated sigh.

 

 

“This is really getting serious...” Jiyeon said matter of factly.

 

 

“I think he’s going to propose to me really soon… I strongly feel that he wants us to be officially a couple, unnie!” Chaerin shrieked in glee. Jiyeon had to put her phone away from her ear.

 

 

“Ugh. Chaerin. You’re going to be the death of me. I’ll just see you at home.” Jiyeon ended the call without giving her the opportunity to say goodbye.

 

 

Instead of going home, Jiyeon decided to take a detour and drop by at Tequila Joe’s again. She sat straight on her usual spot right in the corner of the bar. Jaebum immediately gave Jiyeon her tequila and mojitos.

 

 

“Make it a double.” Jiyeon nodded and asked for another shot of tequila from Jaebum.

 

 

“Whoa. How many did you kill today?” Jaebum asked with a smirk.

 

 

“Two. It almost became three. A stupid intern under my supervision almost chocked a patient when he was doing a tracheal intubation. Ugh. Moron. How did he even pass med school?” Jiyeon downed the two shots of tequila in a split second. She lifted her index finger and asked Jaebum to pour the two empty shots again.

 

 

“Yah, not all people are as brilliant as you.” Jaebum scolded.

 

 

“Whatever. The intern is still as stupid as fcuk.” Jiyeon mumbled and drank the two shots of teq

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter