Chapter 31 : And they lived happily ever after....

The Vampire's Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There’s an awkward silence. The wind that never ends in heaven feels like it paused blowing. Yunho used that short time to think. His mind came to conclusion, he’s not happy about that, in fact, he’s fuming.

“That er”

Yunho stood up from his spot as he stomps towards the thick forest. Holic sighs while closing her eyes. She can hear Yunho roaring along with sounds of trees crashing to the ground. Holic just stayed on her spot, disappointed that she actually had some faith in Yunho. A bunny hoped on to Holic’s thighs, it seemed to run from the vampire’s burning rage. Holic gently closes the bunny’s ears from the ugly sounds. She patiently waits until some of her patience is lend to Yunho.

 

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

 

 

Trip to heaven from earth is far and death is life . Thankfully a death reaper may not die whatever way it is. But a death reaper can still be exhausted, and that’s exactly what Kai felt until he spent a whole day just sleeping near his wife. When he woke up though his wife was not around. He is still dizzy, but that won’t stop him from searching for his wife. He followed Kyungsoo’s fading scent from hall to hall, through door and gates. He just follows his nose.

“Step aside”

Two servants from behind told the death reaper. He took a step back to let the two maids bring a large stone made podium into the hall Kai’s nose brought him to. Kai didn’t bother much. He arrived at a church like hall that had numerous benches with a small stage in front. The maids put the podium right in the middle of the stage. The sun shines right into the glass that covers up a whole wall which is the wall right behind the stage.

“Kai, you’re up?”

“There you are”

Kai head straight to his wife that’s sitting at the front benches with some other maids. They’re packing some cards into envelops and use red wax to close it. Kyungsoo is merely helping out. Kai came, he stayed up.

“...Diligent huh?”

“Yeah, I got nothing better to do”

“Well, we probably should go back home now. My job is done”

“...hm? Why though, Jaejoong’s wedding is tomorrow, lets just stay for another night then we don’t have to bother later”

“...Jaejoong’s wedding?”

Kyugsoo nods as he stamps the hot melted wax with the Jung’s symbol. Kai’s eyebrows that were normal looking arched downwards, his expression is no longer that peaceful. He grabbed his wife’s arm forcing him to stand up.

“W-what is it Kai?”

“Lead me to Jaejoong”

 

 

The seat that is practically a throne that Yunho used to quietly sit on as he watches the days go by is now occupied by his replacer. Siwon touches the thrones arm rests. He snickers widely with his eyes closed, enjoying the power Yunho left on that very throne.   

“Poor you”

Siwon talks to the portrait of the ceased vampire that used to be his acquaintance. In a day everything Yunho worked hard for will be his. The grand door that protects Yunho’s throne room suddenly opens and makes a loud sound. Came in the wandering couple.

“I think he’s in the other room”

“Really?”

“Yeah, I saw him there last”

Kyungsoo is the one who’s dragging this time. Kai caught the vampire staring at them. They lock eyes, their stares fight. Siwon’s eyes followed them all the way to other room that Jaejoong is supposedly in. Just one look at Siwon and Kai understands what the situation is. At last the come to a room. Jaejoong is inside, lying on a bed. Lyndis is sitting on a study desk beside him with a hill of crumpled papers.  He turns to greet the couple. But one is particular doesn’t look so happy.

“Jaejoong hyung, what’re you doing?”

“Um... I’m trying to write the contract. Not going so smooth though”

“Stop this”

Kai voices out. Jaejoong glared at him, he chuckles after that.

“Another one of the hypocrites. How’d you even get in here? I thought you don’t wanna see me”

“Yes, you’re a pushy little man. But this is just stupid”

“And who was the one who refused to help me? You’re lucky i’m close with your wife or else I’d ask you to leave”

“...I got your husband”

Jaejoong froze. He blinks his eyes until he fully gets what Kai is trying to say. Kai is just reminded by something though so he can’t stay for too long for he predicts that today will be the day Yunho come to life once again.

“i am also a husband, I won’t be so happy if i found out my wife is betraying me”

Kai left Jaejoong with these words before he left dragging his wife with him. Siwon was no longer in Yunho’s throne room. Since it’s only him and Kyungsoo here, this will be a fine place to discuss he thoughts. Kai holds both of Kyungsoo’s arms, making his wife focus on him.

“Did you really got Yunho out Kai?” Kyungsoo talked first before his husband.

“Look, he needs to answer something correctly first but-”

“So you’re telling me Yunho might NOT come?! Then why did you gave Jaejoong hopes! What if Yunho answered bad?”

“That’s why i didn’t tell him much! Okay, now we need Jaejoong’s blood. Can you get them for me honey?”

“...I think I can get some from Junsu... but what for?...”

“I assume his spirit will be send back to his body. That corpse has been starving for 4 months, he needs some of Jaejoong’s blood to even move”

Kyungsoo got it and he nods, looking all determined. Kai gave his obedient wife a kiss on the forehead before he heads off to dig Yunho’s coffin. Lyndis who was assisting Jaejoong in the other room came out, she heard everything.

“I can get you the madam’s stashed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter