Chapter 28 : The last moments (Part II)

The Vampire's Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was an endless field of green grass that seems to stretch out towards the sun. There’s sparkling ocean at the end, reflecting the Sun’s orange bend. Like always there’s no fear in his eyes as he sits down on the soft grass. Just staring into the endless serene beauty. He’s not alone, the same female angel that greeted him is still here sitting beside him too. Just like Yunho, she hasn’t said a word. Yunho knows exactly what happened to him. He didn’t need any explanation.

“Forget it”

She finally spoke. They make eye contact. It’s the first time since she woke Yunho up. Her golden blonde hair is grazed by the gentle wind. They let their eyes do the speaking. She knows what he knows, and he knows he can’t do it as long as she knows it. Yunho’s desire to leave the paradise heaven crams question marks into the angel’s mind.

“You are very lucky Jung Yunho, All centuries the leader for all vampires is now the heirs of hell. But you’re here sitting with me”

“....”

Yunho is aware of that. He knows he’s lucky, even a normal vampire would be tossed into hell, but he’s their leader and to be even smelling the scent of heaven is such a bless for his side. Moreover stepping, sitting and viewing heaven, Yunho’s luck all his life are pouring down right this moment.  

 

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

 

For the second time the mansion is getting some construction works. Some parts that were given extra attention, like the master bedroom, kitchen and living room is inhabitable. As the grand mansion erects, it’s atmosphere remains the same. The mansion is dead. In the past where all there are in the mansion are silent vampires and robotic maids, butlers, the mansion is cold but at least still alive.  Then comes the madam , giving the maids and butlers something to dance about. Now there’s no single heart beat in the mansion. Even when the mansion is again back with all 200 employees and all the friends the madam made along his adventure came to visit, it’s still very dull. A bunch of them are in the madam’s great hall sized bedroom, along with the madam himself. But they’re on different ends of the room. The madam lying on  his pillar bed with the curtains down at the end of the room, separating him from the small group dressed in fancy black sitting around at the other end.  

“He hasn’t eat at all?”

Boa asks Junsu who’s supposed to know better.

“...He did eat but only enough for the life in him”

“He can’t do that though... it’s too risky... His body needs to be healthy first before the babies can”

“We tried to feed him and we give him recognition for trying to eat. His body is the one that rejects all food, he just pukes everything out again”  

Boa sighs, she’s meeting a dead end for one more time. Boa may not be that close to the couple, but she is one of those very few who knows what exactly is happening. She needs to lend a hand. Besides, the baby inside Jaejoong is the Jung’s only heir, she will protect that at all cost. Gyuri came in a little bit late since Boa asked her to do a small task.

“I tighten the security eonnie...”

“Good. Did you find the source?”

Gyuri shook her head to the principal’s question. Junsu squints, he doesn’t understand why the security needs to be bettered. But his husband, who has been sitting there quietly does. He even understands what ‘the source’ is.

“...Junsu... do you know how to kill me?”

Yoochun asks suddenly, shocking his innocent wife. Boa and Gyuri weren’t shocked though. Naturally Junsu shook his head. But Junsu’s not stupid, it hit his head just a little late.

“...You’re immortal... Vampires are immortal”

“Except if we commit suicide... and...”

Yoochun stood up to come closer to his wife. His hands are in his pockets, eyes locked with his angel. Until Yoochun is head to head with Junsu they never broke eye contact. Yoochun’s serious expression turned soft suddenly. His hand gently comes to rub Junsu’s freezing ear.

“...And if we treat our wives too awful”

“...what? how can that kill you? Why do I not know this?”

“I don’t know the history but I guess your tears can be poison for me”

“It’s like this”

Gyuri claps her hands, the genius came to distract.

“Very, Really, Long ago, when vampires just start to roam for about 10 years on this earth, the wives of vampires are sometimes treated way too bad, still happens today I guess”

She passed that judging look on Yoochun, which the vampire just shrugged it off.

“So the wives made a pact with god, they may turn their tears into poison that will only effect their vampire husband but only if their hearts are broken enough for their tears to be boiling lethal. But in return for killing immortality, vampires that are killed will be sent to heaven. The Nirwana Poison”

Gyuri took a sit after that long speech, she’s tired. Junsu though isn’t really sure what to feel after hearing this. Both ways, suicide and murder, sounds impossible for the couple to do. He first slaps Yoochun’s hand away and left the group, mainly to avoid his husband. His feet automatically lead him towards the grieving madam. There’s a glint of disappointment in him that he only knows now when he could kill Yoochun ages ago. If he would kill Yoochun either way where would be the best place to spill some poison on he wonders. Someplace he loves to touch, where he can’t resist to adore for even a day, a place husbands would love.

“Lips...”

Junsu’s lips utter the answer. He was so caught in his mind that he didn’t even realize the large pillar bed just in front of him. He was going to leave his cousin alone but something doesn’t feel right. Boa, Gyuri and Yoochun continued on their discussion until Junsu interrupts.

“Jae, he’s not in bed!”

 

 

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

 

 

It was a lot of candle wax left from Yunho’s life length. Plus the ashes from the hut that are darkening Kai’s backyard is exhausting to clean. He has no maids to help there’s only his wifey Kyungsoo who’s trying his best to help. But being a very spoilt wife he’s not that much of a help. Still he managed to fill his bucket with ashes.

“Kai, I’m gonna empty these okay?”

“Ok sweetheart”

Kyungsoo lift up the bucket, trying not to spill any. He walks carefully to the front yard where he can throw away ash for some more ash. But as he heads for the faucet, he sees someone really familiar from afar. That someone might be pregnant but he can tell right away that’s a male wife. He’s wearing something that looks like a sleeping white gown with one hand below his stomach, supporting it and the other on his back. He’s barely walking, then he suddenly tripped. Kyungsoo was so into trying to remember where he saw that man before that he forgot to help earlier, still he run as fast as he could, forgetting his chores, to help the other wife.

“Omo, are you okay?”

“I-I’m...”

He lift his face, now that his long bangs are out of the way Kyungsoo could finally make a piece of who he is.

“Jung Yunho’s wife?”

 

 

Kyungsoo totally forgot about Kai and their wrecked back yard by now. He’s too induced in making Jaejoong comfortable in their mansion. Jaejoong that was sweating and having a hard time a second ago is currently lying nicely on a bed, he also is given a blanket over his legs and served with hot milk by the death reaper’s wife. Jaejoong’s smile is not plastic even if there is still some sadness dotted here and there, he’s glad the wife is nice and understanding. After making sure Jaejoong has everything a pregnant person could probably need, he sat down on the edge of the bed Jaejoong is on. It was awkward at first sight, but they’re wives, they understand.

“Um... what are you Kyungsoo-shii?”

“me? I’m like you, half angel”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter