Chapter 17 : Get the race started

The Vampire's Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yunho woke up feeling a bit hungry, its time for breakfast but getting it won’t be easy since like what his grandma says, she doesn’t keep blood in fridges like youngsters do. This morning its different though. Yunho can smell blood all the way from the kitchen to his room. He just followed that delicious scent’s trail.

 

It led him to the kitchen obviously but who would prepare breakfast? Jaejoong maybe, but would he prepare fresh blood? Doesn’t seem likely. Curious , Yunho slowly enters the kitchen. He sees a silhouette of a boy a rather familiar boy. Then that boy turned around, he’s not just familiar, Yunho does know who he is. But its too good to be true. They stare at each other for a minute or more until that boy broke their awkward staring with a smile.

“…morning Yunho hyung, I’ve prepared some drink for you”

“…”

“I brought some after visiting you’re apartment, I already cleaned the apartment, I brought some clothes for you oh and hyung I-

Karam got cut off as yunho brushed his palm against the boy’s face. Slowly following the boy’s jawline. That boy just froze in spot letting Yunho study his face as much as he wants.

“…karam?”

A name is released from Yunho’s mouth after his hand confirmed The boy’s existence . Karam smiled sweetly then put his small hand on top of Yunho’s hand.

“yes hyung, I’m here…”

“… karam is it really you? or have I gone totally insane?”

Karam giggles a bit before he tiptoed up. He caress Yunho’s handsome face while one hand is tugging onto Yunho’s shirt for support. He gives some more soft touches finally landing his lips on the older man’s lips. He offered those ribbon shaped lips to dance with his lips, yunho accept it and dance their lips together.

 

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

 

It’s the fifth time he’s still having morning sickness, Jaejoong’s body was forced to wake up when that urge to puke came. He’s having a light headache too that tagged along with the morning sickness. Hands gripping by the side of the sink, Jaejoong was waiting if there’s anything trying to pry out his mouth. Nothing came out enough to Jaejoong’s relief. He can’t bare another sudden nausea anymore. Huffing breaths in and out of his lungs, he’s trying to gain back his concentrations.

“need any help?”

A womanly voice rungs into the small bathroom Jaejoong is in. The mirror that reflect the door that’s just behind him, Jaejoong used that as a way to look at that woman. She’s folding her arms together with a cigarette in while her back is leaning onto the door frame.

“you know, you should wash yourself first”

“…y-ye…”

Jaejoong collects two hand full of water and gargle out all the things left in his mouth. He also took another handful to wash his face to make him appeal more energetic though it doesn’t seem to work well.

“so.. I was right. Well, I’m always right”

The old woman interrupts Jaejoong again.

“y-you know all along?”

“come on, you’re eating like how I used to when I bear your father in law in my womb”

“oh…”

“ tsk, I pity you”

She says lastly before she lightens a cigarette. First Jaejoong thought this woman really acts like she’s young though she’s old, second he thought why would she pity him? Yunho’s grandmother stares at Jaejoong like she’s waiting for him to ask her something.

“… why do you pity me?”

Jaejoong finally said the words she wanted to hear.

“because… you’re here bearing the pain of pregnancy when your husband is in the kitchen making out with his OTHER wife… pitiful isn’t it?”

As those information slipped into Jaejoong’s brain he can feel nauseous again. Does she really have to say all that to him in this state, it grossed him out in a way.

“other wife?! H-He? When did he get here?”

“some time last night, so what’re you gonna do? Wifey?”

Jaejoong’s eyes screamed of confusion and desperation, He turned to face the sink again with hands gripped on that porcelain bowl side by side. What is he going to do, face them? That would be stupid. Technically Karam too has a right over Yunho now, but… That vampire is his husband. His only… how can he be so helpless in this condition.

 

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

 

Just across the road, Gyuri is working on her mission too. For now all she can do is wait, wait and see who the real wife is, then at that time she can bring the vampire and his wife back to the Academy. Now she needs to send a report to her respected principle.

“hello Gyuri? How’s the job?”

“uh… Boa-shii, its very complicated, I can’t even predict who will win the cold heart”

“oh… don’t you got the special chambers with you?”

“I-I do… b-but… you’re not serious are you? its too risky… moreover for Jaejoong I mean, h-he’s pregnant”

“Someone have to start the race Gyuri, if none of them would do the honor we will understood?”

“y-yes…”

Boa complimented her student then she cut of the line. Gyuri is having a hard time to choose between Boa or her friendship with Jaejoong. But at this moment she can only think as professional as she can. She took out the key that’s hanged as a necklace piece. This should be only for emergencies, this is an emergency. But who should she lock in the special chamber? Karam and Yunho or Jaejoong and Yunho.

“… Karam , I need to see how precious that boy is to Yunho”

She made up her mind.

 

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

 

A situation never been more awkward than this, the air is too thick with tension. Everyone has some hate for one of them. Jaejoong keeps glaring on how Karam took note of every single thing Yunho do even though all Yunho did is sipping on some blood from a cup while reading a newspaper. Jaejoong can see how Karam stole some look on himself at times. They’re having a silent argument with each other. And the only person that heard all this silent protests is Yunho’s grandmother. Yunho’s the one that looks the most comfortable.

“Ehem… Jung Yunho…”

“yes?”

“um… how about you take a walk outside for a minute?”

“… sure…”

He got up from the chair like a casual teenage in his age. Walking out the dining while reading the newspaper. He refill his cup before he do so. These three are alone finally. At last this grandmother can say her mind.

“Okay let settle this meanwhile Yunho’s not here, now~ who is the wife? Cause both of your confessed to be the wife”

Jaejoong and karam are doing their own activities as the woman talks but after she’s done both of them raised their hand as quick as lightning. That startled the soon to be buried old woman but the wives to not care. They didn’t intend to be rude to each other though so they just fight with their eyes without any hurting words. This is hurting hurting the woman’s head instead.

“Stop it! stop it! give me a good proof one of you is the wife”

“… I have the special blood”

Karam reasons quickly. Jaejoong tried to give a good comeback but alas his ton

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter