Chapter 14 : Left or right, Poison or Honey ... Jaejoong or Karam?

The Vampire's Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Yunho hyung? Where awe you?”

“Karam-ah? I’m here”

Yunho responded to that calling, he wouldn’t though if it was someone else, but this child is not someone else. Karam came in Yunho’s study room wearing all new baby sized clothes that Yunho ordered his tailor to make. It’s a traditional hanbok that’s red in colour and blue as it’s belt, don’t know why Yunho asked for that colour. he just assumed Karam like red which he really does. And maybe by accident this 5 years old child looks very good in red. Karam smiled cutely and start running with small steps to his hyung.

“Hyung! Hyung!”

“Slow down Karam you will fall”

“Ooh!... okay”

The toddler stoped running but instead he starts to tiptoe cause his hyung said its  

dangerous. Yunho can only chuckle to this adorkable-ness of that child. He stood up walked to that cutie, if he wants to wait for karam to tiptoe all the way to him it’ll take hours. Karam looked up to Yunho’s handsome face then smiled.

“Hyung!”

“yes?”

“Happy buffday!”

Yunho remained silent and calm though inside he is shocked. No one knows when Yunho’s birthday is, the employees is this mansion would just normally bake a cake for Yunho to enjoy alone. They even sometimes gave him a small cake on the wrong date. So in conclusion everyone in this mansion knows when but they didn’t care. They wouldn’t even know what Yunho need on his birthday is not a cake, it’s a wish that this 5 years old kid that he took in just a few weeks ago just did.

“…well… thank you”

“Hehehe, Happy buffday!”

Karam said again with the thought he’ll make his hyung happy, he did. Yunho chuckles before he ruffle Karam’s soft hair, it made Karam giggle. Yunho too let out another chuckle before he slowly leans down to kiss Karam’s baby eyelids with a small ‘chu’. And again Karam giggled but this time with a bit of shyness.

 

Today little Joongie is expecting something to happen in his very own kindergarten. All of his friends are singing the ABC song except for Joongie, the teacher eyes that angel from time to time it’s the third time they’re singing the ABC song but Joongie still isn’t singing, he keep looking at the door.

“Joongie”

“hm?” he responded but eyes still looking out to the door instead of his teacher.

“what are you looking at Joongie?”

“Just…. Just…. Just….”

“yes Joongie? Just what?”

“Just a minute more….”

“a minute more? What are you trying to say Joongie?”

“um….”

Joongie succeeded to ignore his teacher and just continue waiting. His waiting paid of as exactly a minute after Joongie says that a carriage arrived, Of course cause he’s been waiting Joongie ran out the class first.

“Yunnie~~~!”

“…”

The boy step of his carriage with the help of Mommy Jessica. Joongie attacked Yunnie by forcing him into his embrace and squeeze him until he’s coughing.

“Oh! Sorry Yunnie, Joongie was just too happy”

Yunho stabilized his pose before he nods to his wife telling him he’s okay. Joongie’s eyes has never shine that bright before, his prince that he’s been waiting for the whole morning is finally here. But his prince doesn’t look too happy.

“Yunnie?... Yunnie why?”

“….Yunnie don’t like school Joongie”

“oh....really… sorry Joongie don’t know. Joongie wouldn’t ask Yunnnie to go to school”

Yunho sighs hard. Joongie starts to feel very bad cause his husband looks so displeased. Yunho shouldn’t have said that.

“Joongie its fine”

“b-but Yunnie, Joongie don’t want Yunnie to do something Yunnie don’t like”

“…its okay… true, Yunnie don’t like school…”

Yunnie looks to his feet considering whether he should say it or not. He then flickers to his wife’s sadden face, He’s pouting and tears are beginning to wet his eyes ,looks like he has to say it to stop his Joongie from crying.

“Yunnie likes Joongie though so its fine”

“r-really?...”

Yunnie didn’t want to answer a question that obvious with an obvious answer too, so he pecked right on Joongie’s eyelid to show how much he loves him. Joongie squealed for a second with a very high note, then huggles his Yunnie until the other can’t breath again.

“Yunnie! I love you too Yunnie! I love you~”

“okay Joongie, Yunnie understands”

 

“Yunho? Wake up Yunho”

“umh? What?”

The vampire rolls to random directions as he cant seem to see where’s right where’s left or even front and behind, a blanket is tangled around his eyes making him accidently blind-folded. The aged woman curses like a grandmother she is before she pull the blanket neatly off her grandson’s eyes.

“Aigoo Yunho! You just arrived you should have helped me around this mansion don’t you know how tiresome it is doing house works alone?”

“…what?”

He asked still in day daze earning a nice hit on the head. Yunho winces palms both on the spot where he was hitted.

“Ouch! Grandmother!”

“That’s what you get from suddenly coming back after 18 years. Well now you should help me!!! Clean the floors! Make up the beds in every room! Sweep every inch in this house and make everything sparkle!!!”

She shouted to her grandson’s ear. It would’ve been fun if Yunho had shouted back or got scared by it , but this Yunho looks like his soul just left him. Sure this grandmother is old and crancky, doesn’t mean she doesn’t love her grandson. She sits on the floor next to where Yunho is daydreaming at.

“Hey young man! Who says you can daydream in my mansion?!”

“… sorry Grandma”

Now its getting more weird, how could Yunho say sorry that easily, the normal Yunho would rather lost his life than say sorry. This man must have gotten so lost in his own mind.

“Hm… something’s bothering you son?”

“no”

“Is it about the mansion?”

“no”

“Is it about the school?”

“no”

“or… is it about the butler?”

“…”

She felt like she scored a bullseye after that silent Yunho thrown to her. She pats Yunho’s back, actually you can’t call that a pat but it would definitely pass for a slap. It stings a bit for Yunho.

“the butler? You got feelings for him?”

“….no… he’s just …. Precious…”

“Precious hm? Well it’s a surprise you care about him, then again where’s your wife?”

“my wife?... I don’t have one”

She finally understand the situation her grandson is in. Its not a good thing if she starts to interrupt in a marriage. She knows the only reason why her grandchild is being so open to her is because she's going to die sooner. Maybe its better to let ignorant youngsters to get this over with themselves, then again where is Yunho’s wife. He’s here in Gwangju but where’s that wife?

 

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

 

Jaejoong POV

 

I woke up as I feels its just time to wake up. I stretched those tired arm of mine. Its weird cause I feels fresh for the first time after I left the orphanage. But… I just realized Yunho is not near me, or in the room, Yunho’s nowhere.

“Yunho…?”

I called out for my not so husband. No one answered… I slowly got up but every move I did aches on my hips. In the end i slumped back on to the bed. Huh~ where is everybody? Oh right! our butler.  

“…George?”

I called out again, still no one came. This is making really… I needs to know where Yunho is. Trying to find a way to get out of this comfortable bed , I rolled to the empty spot where Yunho should’ve sleep at. Rolling doesn’t really hurts but I can’t roll on the floor! Eh? What is this small round things poking on my back. I just need to pull it from under me, hm? This is…

“…Yunho’s… shirt…”

 I think I rolled right on to the black long sleeved T that Yunho would use under his suit. This T is… he would look very good in this. I wish I could see him wearing it. I try to near it to my nose, oh that allure.

“Yunho’s…smell….”

That scented perfume mixed with Yunho’s sweat produced that great manly alluring scent. Strange… I’ve always loved Yunho’s smell, even last night when we were… making love…… making love?! … I AND YUNHO MADE LOVE?!!! D-did we really? So is that why I’m ? … if so where is he?

“…Yunho-shii…are you here?”

I called out for the third time, I’m starting to think he’s not here. Dammit, I need to know where he is.

 

No POV

 

Jaejoong forced himself out of the bed. Its too quiet that it can’t be good news. Jaejoong limped all the way to their closet, he took some time in between to ease his increasing pain and all the time he took to get to that closet he only think about one, ‘where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter