Chapter 11 : Confusion of the heart

The Vampire's Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

While Jaejoong is sleeping peacefully with Junsu beside him, Yunho is alone in front of a grave located on top of a grassy hill, wind blows mildly here and its very calming. Yunho ordered Karam to be buried here, where no one can disturb him or see Yunho cry. He’s been kneeling there for hours, the crushed rose on it grave. He has no tears left, it came to Yunho’s mind, he won’t stop talking to his butler though he’s not sure if he’s listening. It sounds pretty crazy for even Yunho, then again who else does he have to turn to?.

“Yah… Karam… who’s going to take care of me now?”

Yunho runs his hand on the carved name on this gravestone. One by one of the letters, he still can believe he’ll see this name on a gravestone, what he can’t believe more is he is being all worked out by this. But its true, all this years Karam is working all around him, who’s going to do that now? Yunho lowered his head more, he’s feeling more at the end of a road.

“… seriously… what am I going to do without you?....” 

At this rate Yunho looked like he’s bowing to Karam’s grave. The wind blows, with an answer. It whispers into Yunho’s ears, Jaejoong, it said. That gave Yunho an idea, even if he doesn’t have a butler, he has a wife, a wife that’s duty to take care of him and more. No more mourning, he can come back after this, its time to officially put where his wife stands. Where he deserve to be at. Yunho kissed Karam’s name first before he took off for the hospital.

 

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

 

Yunho pried Junsu’s hand off Jaejoong’s body in the same time waking the dolphin up too. He was so shocked to see Yunho but he didn’t protested, that would be too dumb. Yunho easily lifted up his one bucket of fully filled cold water up splashed it all on Jaejoong. Jaejoong immediately jolted up from the surprise wetness, he looked around locking eyes with Yunho. The angel is soaked so is his bed and clothes along with warm blanket. Jaejoong wanted to voice out at first with a ‘Yah’ or ‘Aish’ but he stopped himself after this. He looked down on the floor trying to avoid those eyes, those cruel brown ones. Junsu quickly came over to Jaejoong to check up on him.

“H-Hyung?...”

“I’m okay Junsu, you better go home now”

“hyung no… what if you get hurt?”

“just go Junsu, Yoochun must be waiting for you”

“but hyung…”

Jaejoong gets his stare more sharp telling Junsu he’s serious like a heart attack. Hesitantly, Junsu stepped out of the ward leaving his cousin with the dangerous vampire, he still refused to leave though, who knows maybe Yunho wanted to send his wife a trip to heaven again. They stare at each other in the eyes, Jaejoong with a very sorry look while Yunho just his emotionless eyes. And like always Jaejoong would start.

“I didn’t mean to kill Karam or-”

“Shut. The. . Up” 

Jaejoong do as he’s told. But he’s surprised, not just Yunho is saying other things to him beside his name but Yunho sounds like he’ll hang Jaejoong anytime if he does something wrong. The angel look down to his soaked blanket trying to avoid eye contact, he let himself getting scold by those cold eyes. Finally, after numerous of silent curses sent to Jaejoong, Yunho stood firmly in front of him.

“Starting tomorrow, you’ll prepare my drinks, my clothes, do the houseworks and finish my other businesses”

“…yes…”

“…”

After that cleared Yunho left but 2 other man, Jaejoong has no idea who they are, came in. Both of them bowed to Jaejoong but neither of them look him into the eyes.

“Madam, we suggest you to change and be at your temporary place as we rebuild the mansion, here’s your key”

“.. temporary place?... am I discharged?”

“that’s the master’s decision, we are just following orders”

The other man presented clothes to Jaejoong for him to change to. They started to tidy the place up as Jaejoong reached the bathroom. He doesn’t want to know what Yunho has up his sleeve, all this won’t happen if he didn’t killed Karam at first. If death can’t separate them then what can?

 

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

 

Arriving at the apartment without anything but his body , Jaejoong looked around and he can’t seem to tell the difference between this place and rat’s hole. Its dark, dusty. Things are thrown here and there, some vases are on the floor in pieces. Something tells Jaejoong Yunho maybe raged in here for a short period. Talking about the vampire, here he is watching Jaejoong’s every move.

“Y-Yunho… I didn’t saw you”

“...”

“Yunho?... why?”

Yunho didn’t look into Jaejoong’s eyes. He look on the floor but walking to Jaejoong. Of course Jaejoong backed slowly but he’s not  trying to escape, he knows he can’t. Yunho is close enough with Jaejoong , he grabs him by the arm.

“Y-Yunho!”

Then Yunho lift his head up, there his fangs, sharper than any knife is glistering away. And Yunho’s brown eyes no more, they’re glowing red. The angel cannot move he’s hypnotized by Yunho’s eyes, the truth is this angel can move freely by his will but his body doesn’t want to.

“Yunho…w-what are you doing?”

“…”

In a blink of an eye, Yunho attack Jaejoong’s exposed crook pressing his fangs on, deeper in the angel’s flesh. Jaejoong’s eyes just opened wide, his breathing became faster and heavier , Jaejoong didn’t scream and he doesn’t know why. Yunho’s hand carefully let go one of Jaejoong’s arm move to his mouth , just in case his meal will scream. Drop by drop, Jaejoong blood is taken, making him feel weaker. In minutes that felt like hours for Jaejoong, Yunho stopped as he feels not hungry anymore what he’s quiet aware is Jaejoong surprisingly still has his eyes opened. He throws motionless Jaejoong on the floor.

“ clean up the place before 5.15, its either you’re going to school with me or you’re not going at all”

“…wh-what? B-but now is 5.05…”

“start cleaning”

Yunho pull an empty bucket that has a mop, brush and a broom in it then shove it into Jae’s face before he went to the only clean place in this place, his room and lock himself in it. Dozing away from reality, Jaejoong tries to get up from the floor but it looks like he needs some rest to do that. He can’t though, he got 10 minutes to clean this big apartment.

“come on Jaejoong, you need to go to school…”

He cheers himself up. Determined to be present, Jaejoong took the bucket then start cleaning. Starting from where he’s sitting at. From the room, Yunho is having a calming bubble bath. Suddenly he hears rough scrubbing sounds that took his attention. He quickly came to an idea Jaejoong has start cleaning the floor that Yunho purposely spill black alcohol on. Guilt didn’t even pass to Yunho’s mind, he’s still angry and he needs to get revenge for Karam. He needs to make Jaejoong feel what Karam feels for 10 years.

“…I really the blood out of him, now that you deserved…”

He then drift away to dreamland that doesn’t exist for him.

 

A big bandage ends up pasted on Jaejoong’s neck cause blood keep leaking out from Yunho’s made holes. Jaejoong became paler that black rings are showing under his eyes due to lack of blood and excessive use of energy.10 minutes almost up but he still got three-fourth of the apartment to clean, there’s no way he’ll finish and he knows that. Still Jaejoong tried hard until his face is covered with sweats , hand wiping every corner of the floor. With a clack, The locked door opened with Yunho having his bag over his shoulder and all ready for school. He took a glance at Jaejoong as he pass him to the door. Reacting immediately, Jaejoong put the brush inside his water filed bucket before he speaks up from his kneeling like position.

“Wh-where are you going?”

“…”

“If you’re going to school then… can you wait for 10 more minutes? S-school starts at 7 too right?”

That got a bad respond as Yunho just roll his eyes to Jaejoong. The pale, sick man hold his cruel husband by the hand to stop him.

“I!... I need to go to school…”

“since when does that concern me?”

“B-but Yunho…”

“Shut. Up. You don’t need education, so stay home and clean all of this up!”

The abused wife got startled so he flinched, he also slowly let go of Yunho’s hand, giving up his attendance to class for the day. Ready to leave Yunho open the door, before that he got one last thing to say.

“... I’ll be coming back at 12, you better get my drink prepared by then, or you know who I’m going to dine”

Finally the vampire left. Sadly, Jaejoong worked so hard to be at school but he failed. Crawling back to where he left his work, Jaejoong took out the brush with a strong clutch on it. He bites his lips until it become pink while continuing his work. He’s trying not to cry, he’s trying not to; reality has it he cried. Tears are downing from his eyes like rain still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter