Chapter 35

I'm Sorry, I Love You

Author’s POV

Kris’ car was parked at the exact same spot. He stood leaning against it, his arms crossed, his brows furrowed. He checked his watch for the umpteenth time and muttered under his breath.

“Come on. Please tell me you found him…”

As the time ticked by, there were still no sign of you coming back out. Getting more and more impatient, Kris took another glance at his watch.

“What’s taking you so long?”

He, too, was getting more and more nervous of the outcome. He knew, that it was cruel to make this risky move but knowing how stubborn you were, this was the only way to push you into acceptance.

He took a final look at his watch again.

“Damn it”

Pushing himself, away from the car, he hurriedly headed into the airport himself.

His long legs, quickly leading him far ahead

A few steps into the building, he came to a sudden pause. The sharp look in his eyes softens.

About three meters in front of him, stood a dejected figure that took tiny subtle steps. Her head hung low, and her hair loosely fell down her face, hiding her sorrow but at the same time, darkening her presence.

Kris took two small, slow, steps forward, upon realising who it was.

Realising what he has done.

This, this was his fault. And he knew that very well. The guilt was eating him up from the inside. But casting that aside for now, all that mattered to him was you.

“…Hyeyi-ah”

Slowly raising your head, you looked up at your brother, the only person you could lean on.

The moment your eyes met, your emotional defences that held back those tears immediately crumbled.

“…o-oppa..." the tears in your eyes freely fell, streaming down your face. "…I was too late…I-I lost him for good now”

One by one, the tears dripped down from your chin, hitting the ground. Every splatter was an extra pang in your broken…and his guilty heart.

Attempting to control the tears, you choked back a loud sniffle.

Tormented by your tears, Kris took another step forward and pulled you into his arms.

His warm embrace that offered comfort, somehow made you sob even louder. As you continued your disoriented speech, you had to keep swallowing back a painful choke between each sob.

“…I-I’m so stupid…if only…if only I listened…it wouldn’t...have been like this…it’s my own fault…oppa…I-I’m sorry…I should have listened”

His arms tightened around you “…shhh, it’s ok…don’t be sorry...I’m the one who’s sorry

Your cries were muffled as you buried your face into his chest and he soothingly your hair.

 

*I’m sorry, I’m sorry for making you cry. This was a risky decision to begin with. It’s not your fault. The fault is mine. I shouldn’t have made you go through this…but now, at least now, you should know how you truly feel.

You love him.

There’s no more denying it.

 …don’t worry, you haven’t lost him for good…just wait, in two weeks time, you’ll know this was all worth it…I’m certain of it…*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Days pass by…a week…and almost two.

Despite the beautifully bright weather and all that free time during this spring break, you never once left the house voluntarily.

The curtains in your room remained closed at all times, hiding you inside as you allowed the darkness to become a blanket of comfort.

From time to time, Kris would come along to drag you to the outside. And if he was too busy, Fei, Jia, Minyoung, Suji would pull you out to spend some time with them.

But even they had better things to do, going out with their families, spending time with people who are far less depressing than you.

The girls still managed to visit you quite often though. Their unusual over excitement, made it quite obvious that they had been told what had happened to you by Kris.

In fact, he had no choice but to give them the full story, which you did not know of. Of course, the girls were far more than unimpressed by his plans. But there is no denying that you would of avoided this whole issue had he not push you so far.

Even Sehunnie, would give you the occasional call to go out and refusal was never an option with him.

Unlike the girls, Sehun had been told absolutely nothing…well he doesn’t even know Kris anyway…but all the girls would ever tell him, is the same few words ‘just don’t mention Kai’.

The mentioning of his hyung in all of this, was indeed highly suspicious. But being the adorably lovable dongsaeng he is, knowing you were feeling down was more than enough to make him determined to cheer you up.

“O! Noona!”

Your appearance had the tall maknae straightening up, enthusiastically waving over at you.

Upon hearing that chirpy voice of his, you looked up from the ground. Your shoulders relaxed at the sight and a soft, subtle, smile spreads on your face.

“Sehun-ah,”

“Ae, noona,” he playfully pulled an unimpressed face as he makes his way over to you “why are walking so slow? Come on!”

Happily linking his arm with yours, Sehun energetically dragged you along. First stop…none other than the usual…

“One chocolate…” Sehun looked at you, noticing you were spacing out again “…and one mocha tea for her please!”

“One chocolate, and one mocha bubble tea” the cashier pressed a few buttons on the cash machine and politely smiled “that’s 9360 won please”

A few crumpled up notes were handed over to her.

“Here’s 640 won change, and I’ll be back with your drinks in just a minute”

Sehun patiently waited for the drinks, whilst worriedly glancing over at you.

“Noona” you felt a little nudge and looked up at Sehun who held both your drinks.

“Oh! Sorry. I’ll take it”

As you made a reach for the drinks, Sehun dodged your hands.

“It’s fine” his voice sounded slightly upset “I got it…let’s go and take a seat”

The two of you sat on a table right in the middle of the shop. Sehun stared at you in worry as you absentmindedly drank from the straw, staring into nothingness.

“…noona, you’re spacing out again”

His words were completely blocked off from your hearing.

And he was only answered with silence.

His face gradually moulded into one of a very unimpressed child.

“Nooooooona~”

You jumped up at his whining, not sure of what was going on. “Hm?”

“Noona! This…” his voice sounded deadly serious, in a childlike manner, if that makes any sense “…this is neglect.”

“Hah?”

“Are you really going to ignore me all day? All you’ve been doing since I met up with you is stare into…into, god knows where!”

He childishly took his annoyance out on his drink, smacking it away with the back of his hands. His arms were crossed and an angry pout hung on his lips. “Hmph!”

“Sehun-ah, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…well, neglect you. But  I-I’ll stop spacing out now. I promise”

The latter searched your eyes, sceptically. “Promise?”

“Mm, promise” you nodded.

Still not entirely sure if he could believe you, he held out his pinkie, which you did not dare hesitate to link yours onto.

As soon as the promise was officially stamped with your thumbs, his usual bright smile immediately relit his face.

“Noona, you have to, have to, keep your promise now.”

His body swayed side to side, unable to hide his bubbliness.

Seeing how happy he got from that one promise, you too, couldn’t help but to smile at him, shaking your head as you took a sip from the drink.

“Let’s hurry up and finish our drinks”

“Hm? …already?”

“Mm!” he excitedly nodded his head several times “well we should keep you active before you start staring off into space again, shouldn’t we?”

You pouted at his words of distrust “…I already promised I won’t, didn’t I?”

Sehun silently chuckled and shrugged off your words “you never know”

“No—rae-bang?” you looked up questioningly at the building before you and then turned to Sehun “…just you and me?”

“Mm hm” he proudly smiled and dragged you in “today, we need to let your inner self run wild”

“Eh…?” before you could say more, he pushed you into the building.

A small room was booked just for the two of you and a few snacks and drinks were scattered around on the table. A disco ball hung from the ceiling, adding extra flashes of colours to the already decently lit up room.

Your eyes kept scanning the place, you and the Miss A girls never liked coming to these sorts of places, nor were yous the partying types. And to be quite honest, you still weren’t quite keen on letting yourself loose in here.

“Right! … I guess, I shall start us off then!”

Sehun suddenly got up, grabbing the mike with him and went to choose his song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmMpF0Vx0n4

As soon as you could hear the first few beats, you immediately groaned.

“Oh no…don’t tell me…”

Without saying anything he cheekily smirked at you and kicked off with his singing.

 

“Ohhh Woo~~ah~”

 

Just hearing that first part of the song, confirming your dreaded suspicious, you slammed your head into the palm of your hands “noooo~~ Sehun-ah…why?”

Instead of answering your actual question, Sehun continued singing his lines to you.

 

“~~You are my love, you are my heart
And we will never, ever, ever be apart

Are we an item? Girl, quit playin'
"We're just friends," what are you sayin'?
Said "there's another," and looked right in my eyes
My first love broke my heart for the first time

And I was like baby, baby, baby, oh~”

 

The moment he hit the chorus, you swear you thought you would start crying.

But as much as you dislike this song, how could you hate it when this lovable maknae is singing it?

 

“~~I thought you'd always be mine, mine

Baby, baby, baby, oh
Like baby, baby, baby, no
Like baby, baby, baby, oh
I thought you'd always be mine, mine

For you, I would have done whatever
And I just can't believe we're here together
And I wanna play it cool, but I'm losin' you
I'll buy you anything, I'll buy you any ring

And I'm in pieces, baby fix me
And just shake me 'til you wake me from this bad dream
I'm goin' down, down, down, down
And I just can't believe my first love won't be around~”

 

Watching as he over dramatically expressed each and every word towards you, you started to grow to used to the song and started laughing at all the funny yet cute gestures he came up with to every line.

 

“Like baby, baby, baby, no
Like baby, baby, baby, oh~~”

 

Suddenly, he came towards you and pulled you up from the seat, just in time for the next half of the chorus.

 

“Baby, baby, baby, oh~”

 

Sehun suddenly held the mike towards you, gesturing for you to sing along as well. And although you weren’t sure about this, you knew full well that there is no backing away from Oh Sehun.

So you gradually sang along with him, looking extremely uncertain.

 

“Like baby, baby, baby, no
Like baby, baby, baby, oh
I thought you'd always be mine, mine”

 

After finishing off the chorus together, you found that it wasn’t actually that bad. Eventually you loosened up rather quickly and happily sang along with him.

Having successfully weaved yourself into that first song, you didn’t have much of a problem with singing and dancing along with the other songs.

The problem is, the two of you were getting way too hyped up as yous slowly started dancing more and more like lunatics with every song.

Starting from the simple gorilla dance in Secret’s Starlight Moonlight, the cute  Shy Boy and Nothing Over, by Infinite, dance but it all started getting crazy when Tara’s Roly Poly came on.

After that, yous started dancing to the classic noraebang must-haves idol group dances, with Kara’s dance, SNSD’s crab leg dance, Brown Eyed Girl’s arrogant dance, Super Junior’s Sorry Sorry dance. And following after that, the more energetic dancing and singing to F(x)’s Electric Shock, Secret’s Madonna, Wonder Girl’s Like This and finally finishing off with your special maknae friendship song – Bubble Pop.

After the final ‘pop’ you practically floated over to the seats and collapsed onto them.

“Oh my God, that’s my weekly exercise out of the way”

Sehun collapsed on the seats opposite you, separated by the table.

“Same~ but, that was fun”

“Yeh...it was”

“…it’s only been…just, over…2 hours? We only been out for two hours and we’re already beat.” He suddenly shot up from his seat, making you curiously sit up too.

“Shall we go and catch a movie?”

“Mmm...might as well. We’re too tired to do anything else anyway”

“Great. Let’s go…comedy?”

“Sounds good to me”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The time spent with Sehun was so exhausting yet fun, that you literally dropped dead on your bed when you got home. Needless to say, you had no trouble with getting any sleep that night.

The one major disadvantage of this though, just had to be your aching muscles in the morning.

“Ow ow ow…I must have really went all out on all that dancing”

…buzz…buzz…

“O! It’s Sehunnie”

 

Sehun-ie

Noonaaaa, my body is aching badly

I refuse to get outta bed :(

Anyways, how is you?

 

You chuckled at the text “guess I’m not the only one”

 

Hyeyi-noona

Don’t worry,

I’m not doing any better here either haha

 

Sehun-ie

We really did overdid yesterday didn’t we keke

 

Sehun-ie

Oh no, the hyungs are coming to drag me outta of bed…noona help me!

 

You chuckled at the last text “sorry, Sehun-ah. Noona can’t help you”.

Just as you were putting the phone back down, you felt another buzz. *This kid-* … “Kris oppa?”

 

Kris Oppa

Can we meet up?

I need to tell you something.

 

Kris Oppa

It’s important.

 

*Important? Did something happen again?* … “Aish, why does he always do this to me when I just woke up? Doesn’t he know how nerve wrecking it is?*

Quickly getting dressed, you grabbed a random hoodie and headed downstairs.

Down in the living room, your mum had left the TV on but she herself was nowhere in sight.

*Omma forgetting to turn off the TV as always … is she in the garden again?”

Heading inside the living room, you found the remote control and were about to press the power button when something caught your eye.

An image of a strikingly familiar person was displayed on your TV screen.

“…o-oppa?”

Another image of girl, around his age, maybe a year younger, was placed next to him.

 

Son of Grand Gateway Shopping Mall and

daughter of PL Properties Ltd announces engagement.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: i just had to bring our lovely sehunnie back into this haha ... 'cause everyone loves a bit of maknae bonding time  ^_^

Thanks for subscrbing and commenting!!!