Chapter 12

I'm Sorry, I Love You

Your POV

A sudden wave of chattering surrounds me as I notice the other passengers staring out the back windows. Some were pointing and some stretching their necks, trying catch a glimpse of something or someone.

“Who’s that chasing after the bus?”

“Looks like he’s chasing after someone…a girl?”

“I wonder who it is”’

“Wa~h…so cool”

“She’s so lucky”

Curiously looking back at the commotion, I grow confused as to what all the gossiping is about.

*Sigh* too bad I’m not in the mood to let my curiosity act up.  Uninterested, I turn to face the front again.

And within that split second, at the very corner of my eyes, I could see a familiar male running with all his strength.

Is it just me, or does he look like…….my head immediately whips back around for a double take. No. Friggin. Way. After one or two confirming blinks, my eyes and mouth shoots open……………………………………………………………KAI?!

The bus comes to an abrupt stop, causing my upper body to jut forward, my hair flew in front of me, my fringe covering my right eye.

Wait………bus………stop?

Crap.

My body freezes as I watch the exhausted figure step onto the bus, heavily breathing out “thanks” to the driver. The noisiness of the bus dies down as everyone anticipatingly watch the spotlighted male like he’s the star of a golden drama. Some of the girls were close to squealing but held it in whilst those with company were grabbing onto each other’s arms.

Kai shows the bus driver his pass. He looks up…directly at me. Not even bothering to look around the whole bus; it was like his eyes were drawn to me only.

Step…by…step…he comes closer. Not once did his eyes leave mine. Not even a single blink. My grip on the bags tightens as his body towers over me. Avoiding his hypnotic eyes, I return my attention to the outside view.

….saying that….I had difficulty concentrating on the pleasant view. I was too conscious of the fact that he stands beside me……he being Kai, Kim Jongin…..my friggin ex boyfriend!!

Kai slumps down onto the empty seat next to me. His arm comes in contact with mine as his body warmth travels through our touching arms, pumping up my body with shaky yet heated energy. My whole body tenses up and my back suffers a drastic rise in temperature.…………………….he’s sat so close…too close.

My heart violently beats against my chest as I listen to his heavy breathing, his body constantly rising as he breathes. It was like an uncomfortable indication of his very presence. A constant reminder of his inerasable existence.

The bus ride remains silent. My nails were digging into the tip of my fingers as I keep a tight grip on my bags. I nervously stare into the window, not paying any attention to the outside and bit onto the bottom inner side of my lip.

The supposedly 15 minute bus ride feels like centuries. Two more stops….Must. Endure.

….or maybe I should just walk it…from here

Unable to bear the deadly silence anymore, I impulsively stood up…breathed in. And make an attempt to get past the obstacle in my way.

A hand grabs hold of my wrist.

Jesus~ I almost had a heart attack……I close my eyes and breath out, allowing my racing heart to calm itself

I look down at my imprisoned wrist, my eyes slowly travels up to his face. He looks into my eyes like a lost puppy.

“We…need to talk.”

Did I…just hear right? Talk? Kim Jongin, you have gotta be kidding me…I mean, why now?

Angered by the ‘long awaited’ comment from this person, I forcefully yank my wrist out of his grasp. As I did, the bus makes a sudden right turn, swinging its way around the corner.

My legs struggle to keep balance as my upper body waves side to side, attempting to keep me stable.

Somehow, my body enters a much steadier state and is now able to keep still. Sighing in relief, I allow my body to adjust to the calmness as the bus continues to drive down a straight road.

However, despite the passing of the little chaotic moment, awkwardly, something just did-not feel right.

My pupils roll around my eyes, observing every detail of my surroundings. A prominent beetroot colour rushes up my cheeks, highlighting it in bright red as I look down at my seat in shame.……..unknowingly I find myself comfortably sitting on the lap of the much avoided….ex-boyfriend. (A/N: She’s lucky she didn’t land on a stranger…remember when I did that once…omg the shame T_T)

The bus comes to a stop.

Systematically, the cogs in my brain rapidly started rolling. Before the gap between the doors closes, I grab onto the seat infront, pulling my body up and speedily dashed off the bus.

 

H-How the hell di---I mean…WHY? Why does something like that always happen to me? And of all people, I had to land on him!! Pabo, pabo!! Yoo Hyeyi you-

“Wait!”

That voice………….No way. No. Friggin. Way!! Oh. My. Je~bus………...Why is he following me?!!

That voice alone had the power to freeze my entire body. Without giving me a chance to take a break, the cogs in my brain continues rolling. The disturbing memory of me landing on his lap loops on repeat in my head and my body reflexively runs along the top of the hills that leads down into the playing fields.

“I have something to say!”

And I don’t wanna listen!!!

My unathletic self starts to give in as I feel my legs weaken. My legs that were previously running for my life slowly demotes into effort-full power walking. I look up at the sun in the distance, praying to it in hope that I’ll get home soon, very soon.

In one swift second, Kai catches up with me, grabbing hold of my arm.

I mentally erupted in panic mode….sghkjghdafgnkj……what is with all the grabbing?!!

There was a little power struggle between him trying to spin me around to face him and me refusing to do so as I try to escape his grasp…..which never result in anything good. The struggling between us causes my energy-drained legs to wobble.

A second later, all I could hear is a load of rustling sounds…..yep like I said, nothing good comes from escaping his grasp……now we were both rolling downhill like buffalos, my eyes tightly shuts as I fear what all this rolling is leading to.

“Oof”

Unexpectedly, I didn’t fall onto the hard ground. My eyes slowly open. Instead, i find myself lying on top of Kai. My head pulled into his chest with his arm protectively wrapped around it whilst his other hand lies on my back. Slow and steadily, I slightly raise my body……..his face is just a few millimetres away from mine, the tip of our noses were so close to touching ……….and he…he’s still, so handsome…so mesmerising.

My guardian devil at the back of my head violently slaps me awake – Ahem! Get a hold of yourself, woman! *Coughs*….awkward position here.

I immediately shoot up in realisation. But in a flash…was pulled back down again, my body harshly slamming onto a firmly toned chest……I was trapped.

Kai had one arm possessively wrapped around my waist and the other around my shoulder. He tightly embraces me, not allowing any chance for me to escape.

“L-let me go!”

Never…again………I already let you go once.”

Ok~ I have a feeling this has a deeper meaning than me running off the bus………he  couldn’t possibly be talking abou-……..haha no way....Yoo Hyeyi, you’re so funny….like this playboy would actually care……...you’re just…one girl.

“…I let you go once before, and that…was a lifetime’s regret.”

“Huh?”

Kai encircled both his arms around my waist as he tenderly looks up into my eyes…….thump…..thump………this feeling.

No. Not again. Yoo Hyeyi, don’t you dare. You idiot! Stop making yourself look so vulnerable!

“Hyeyi-ah”

His seductive voice with a hint of gentleness, completely silenced my inner self. My heart was hit with a feeling of nostalgia. And I find myself reminiscing the much missed old times, those simple moments that made me feel so happy comes rushing into my head coupled with the blissful giggles we once shared. It’s been so long since I heard him call my name. Hyeyi-ah….the way he says it…as always, it leaves a tingly spark in my heart.

“…please……give me one more chance.”

Everything around me, around us, seems to have dissolved into nothing as I stare into his eyes. Those eyes that always looked so sincere from day one. But in the end it was all a trick. No matter how sincere they look, it didn’t stop his playboy nature….so why, why do I still find myself being drawn into them?

Unable to hear a single word in answer to him, Kai loosens his hug, releasing me from his tight embrace.

As I continue to look down into his eyes, for some reason, I just wanted to cry. Tears threatened to flood my eyes. Why? I wasn’t even sure myself. It’s not like I’m touched. It’s not like he hurt me.

Maybe it’s because…I know, I know that these feeling are still ongoing……….we never got the closure we needed to move on………and this, this just isn’t helping.

I slowly sat up, before the tears one by one well up in my eyes. I don’t wanna let him see such a weak side of me, not again. I refuse to look vulnerable. Not in front of the one who broke my heart.

With one last look at him, I got up and turned around; retrieving my shopping bags and started to make my way home…..I hope nothings broke.

“I’m not giving up! I’ll show you that I changed….” His voice quietens as he speaks “…trust me, I’m no longer that playboy you once knew….Hyeyi-ah…”

Hearing him call my name again, I stopped walking.

“…I…I’m sorry…I love you”

Like a drum, I felt something powerfully hit my heart. A drop of tear rolls down my face. My eyes closes in order suppress the other tears, before they all come pouring out at once.

Love? I…honestly…don’t know how to differentiate between truth and lies, sincerity and dishonesty, anymore……you hurt me once, how do I know it wouldn’t happen again?

With heavy contemplating steps, I walk away with a mind full of thoughts and a very confused heart *sigh*

……….this is gonna be another eventful year.

 

A/N: HIIII...quickie update on christmas night haha....hope everyone had a nice christmas!!!!