She took her! She took her!

Unlocked Doors

 

                The blood curdling scream pounced and bounced on her head. She had to cover her ears to stop the resonance and ringing. She heard a second scream.

                Then reality fell like a big load. Someone was in danger.

                Sulli jumped off the bed and ran to get outside. Just a foot away from the door, it closed on its own. In the slimmest second she thought it was the wind but when the lock turned she knew it was something more. She grasped the doorknob and turned it, left and right.

                It wouldn’t open.

                And still the horrific scream resounded all over the place. She pulled the door and started to bang it. Nothing seemed to work. At last the scream ceased. She loosened her grip on the door and it slowly slid open. Sulli couldn’t stop to think about it and so she darted to the direction of the scream.

                “Sulli!”

                “Luna!” called Sulli as she ran to hug her friend. “Are you okay?”

                “Yes!” said Luna brushing her hair aside. “And you?”

                Sulli just had time to nod as Amber approached them. “Hey! Luna! Sulli! Where you the ones screaming? Are you okay?”

                “We are okay,” said Sulli. “What is happening?”

                “I don’t know,” she said.

                More girls started to come out of their rooms, looking around and pounding doors. They were all heading to the place where the screams originated. Soon, Teacher Victoria, came to the scene since she was the resident teacher of their dorm and so did a couple of nuns.

                “Yookyung!” screamed Hayoung looking down from the rails of the third floor. There was no Yookyung lying cold on the ground as they feared. Teacher Victoria ran to her, holding her shoulder for reassurance as the girl trembled in fear.

                “Where’s Yookyung?”

                She was trembling uncontrollably and no word escaped her lips.

                “Hayoung, I need you to tell me what happened!”

                “She took her! She took her!” she screamed repeatedly.

                “Who?”

                Hayoung’s eyes met Sulli’s. “The ghost girl dragged her out of the room by the legs!”