Just being superstitious

Unlocked Doors

 

Sulli sat by a lonely far-off table in the dim lit and dusty library of the school. There was something strange ever since the incident with Yookyung. People stared at her with a mixture of what could be suspicion and fear.  She wasn’t sure what to think of it. Sulli sighed, putting her head down on the hard oak table.

“Somebody is having the blues!” said Luna putting her books on the table and sitting right beside her. Sulli looked past her to see how the girls in the library were looking at her. Luna looked back and saw the girls peering at them. “Hey!” said Luna sprinting up. “What are you looking at?!”The girls quickly looked away and a loud hush from the librarian was heard. Luna raised her head and sat proudly. “So," she continued as if nothing happened. "What are you doing?”

“I was sulking on my own misery.”

 “Huh?” said Luna with a strange look.

“You know that Suzy was my partner for the project right?”

“Yes…”

“Well she had been giving me weird looks the whole class. Well, everyone has. Then she didn’t even meet my eyes when we met here. Everything I asked she answered with monosyllables. It was so awkward that even I had to divide the work in half and so we can do each thing individually,” she said pouting and keeping her cheek glued to the table. "I don't know what is wrong with her..."

Luna rolled her eyes. “Don’t pay attention to her she is just stupid enough to believe the rumors.”

“What rumors?” Sulli straighten up quickly.

“Did I say rumors? I meant humors,” Sulli gave her a look. “Tumors…”

“What rumors Luna?” asked Sulli looking as serious as possible.

“Well… they might be saying that this was because of what happened earlier…”

“Because I saw the ghost girl?”

“Because you and Yookyung didn’t get along.”

“So… what? I have some sort of voodoo connection with the ghost?”

“Ignore them. Don’t pay attention to that Sulli,” said Luna shrugging. “They are just being superstitious.”

Sulli nodded but her thoughts were wiring up. “Luna, you are in the school’s newspaper. Do you think you might get some information on the ghost girl?"