Do you know what she is?

Unlocked Doors

 

Sulli walked with Suzy after they presented her project. She said that she should eat more. She was looking strange these days.

She was walking to the cafeteria. Suzy was right. Maybe she should eat something. Lately she was feeling rather strange. She was dizzy. It was like if night and day had shifted. At night she used to feel dizzy near Krystal and normal by day. Now she felt dizzy during the day and everything was clear with Krystal.

“You will die,” said someone behind her. Even before she turned she knew exactly who it was.

“Hayoung,” said Sulli. “I don’t know what is going on with you but you have to stop this. You are always following me. This is scaring me a little. Maybe… you should get help.”

She laughed loudly. It was a crazy and horrible laugh. “I need help!” she chuckled. “You need help! You must be crazy! She will kill you!”

Sulli turned to walk away to find people, anyone. She didn’t want to be aloe with her. Hayoung reached to take her arm and Sulli harshly pushed it away. “Hayoung! She will not kill me!”

Hayoung let her go. Her eyes grew wide and then they became little as she snickered. “We are being truthful now, aren’t we?” She shook her head as she snapped her tongue. “Do you even know what happened to Yookyung? Do you even care?”

“That… that was an accident,” said Sulli. Even when she knew it was a lie.

“She died,” said Hayoung with a hurt, joker smile.

“W- What are you talking about?”

“She,” said Hayoung with gritted teeth. “She didn’t sleep anymore, she didn’t eat. She was scared. You know what she said? That she couldn’t blink! Her eyes were always wide open. She was scared. Her parents kept this a secret. They say she went mad!” Hayoung was now looking sideways as if someone might just come out of hiding and get her. “She didn’t want to die, Sulli. She just couldn’t live anymore. Do you have any idea why?”

“I-I’m sorry. But… If she died it was her fault. No one was following her. It was in her head!”

Hayoung stopped smiling, stopped gritting her teeth. She adopted no expression. “You are right,” she said. “She wasn’t following Yookyung. She was following you. She is following you.”

“I-I gotta go,” said Sulli.

“What is she Sulli?” asked Hayoung. “Do you know what she is?”

Sulli didn’t want to hear her words. She just kept walking away.

She didn’t know what Krystal was. Her head hurt.