Locked Gates

Unlocked Doors

 

“Can you be any slower? You are WAY taller than me! Your legs are longer! Shouldn’t you run faster?” complained Luna as she pulled Sulli’s hand.

“I’m not the star football player!” screamed Sulli gripping her hand. “You run too fast!”

They abruptly stopped, Sulli knocked over Luna. However Luna was very steady and she didn’t even flinch or quivered.

“The gates,” she wined. The guard already locked them. There was no way in.

“I’m sorry?” said Sulli sheepishly. “I didn’t sleep much last night.”

Luna rolled her eyes. “Yeah, yeah, I was the dumb one that waited for you.”

“Sorry…” repeated Sulli. Her face suddenly brightened up. “Hey, I have an idea!”

Sulli dragged Luna around the school building. She threw her bag over the stoned wall.

“Oh no…” said Luna.

“Oh yes!” said Sulli. She placed her hands together so Luna would be able to climb up. Reluctantly her best friend climbed up. Sitting on top of the wall she reached out to help Sulli climb up too. They sat on top and Luna winced as she looked down. She hated heights.

“At the count of three,” said Sulli giggling. “One, two!” She jumped pulling a startled Luna. They fell, rolling on the floor. Sulli was all giggles while Luna started to hit her.

“You didn’t count to three, idiot!” screamed Luna. She stood up huffing but still offering her hand to her. Sulli was doubling over on the floor but was able to take Luna’s hand in the middle of her frenzy. When she was up Sulli still giggled but Luna was too occupied adjusting the buttons on Sulli’s uniform to even bother.

“Why were you up all night?” asked Luna with a frown.

Sulli’s smile faltered for a small second. “I was studying.”

Luna regarded her for a while. “Studying? Are you sure?"

She suddenly remembered to check her watch.“We are late!” screamed Sulli pulling Luna to the school building. They dashed through the corridors and finally reached their classroom.