If you need me

Unlocked Doors

 

Sulli walked through a school corridor when she accidently knocked Amber.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry!”

Sulli bent down to help pick up Amber’s books. She was chuckling. “You seemed distracted today. Is there something wrong?”

“No, nothing!” said Sulli  quickly.

Amber narrowed her eyes and nodded. She was sure Sulli wouldn’t admit if the world was falling over her. “If you say so… Hey! Do you know if teacher Victoria is in her office?”

Sulli arched an eyebrow. “Yeah, I just came from there. Why?”

“I needed to ask her something.” Amber smiled widen. “Better get there before she leaves. See ya!” The short haired girl bolted away, jogging her way through the corridors.

Sulli sighed. Did Amber really flirted with the teacher or was it just her imagination? Well, Amber did get away with everything she wanted, even being able to breaking the school’s uniform code to wear pants. But the teacher?

Sulli went to her locker and pulled the horrible geometry book she needed for the next class when she heard Luna coming. Her steps were light and quick and she got them memorized. But instead of very loudly calling her or complaining about something or nagging to her she just walked up to her.

She stepped behind her. Sulli felt Luna’s body very slightly touch her own. Luna hugged her tightly as she rested her chin on Sulli’s shoulder, lips touching her ear, chest against her back. Sulli's body reflexively tensed.

“What are you doing?” asked Sulli pushing her gently and trying to laugh it off.

“Hugging you,” she said holding her grip. “You seemed tense today. I thought that maybe you need my help again.”

Sulli turned and got away from her embrace. “N-no, thank you. I-I’m fine.”

Luna arched an eyebrow. “Have you realized that you are stuttering, like when we were in elementary school?”

Sulli hasn’t realized. “I am”

“Aha!” said Luna putting her hands over her hips. “Are you okay?”

“Y-yeah,” said Sulli.

 She rolled her eyes. “I know you are lying.” Luna sighed. “You used to stutter because you were afraid of your father. How he threated you... Remember? I think there must be something going on.”

Sulli shuddered remembering all her childhood beatings and screaming. “I’m fine.”

Luna watched her. “Fine, I won’t bother you anymore.” Sulli felt bad about not telling the truth. “But… remember that I’ll be here if you need me, okay?”

Sulli suddenly felt her eyes water. She wasn’t sure why she felt like this. “Okay,” she hugged her friend, because she didn’t want her to see her eyes and because she wanted to, very badly.

 

 

What she didn't realize was that Hayoung had been staring at her the whole day.