Chapter 8

She's Back!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Sunny took a deep breath as she sat beside her friend, her gaze glued on the floor. Her hand automatically grabbed SooYoung's and entwined their fingers, holding it tightly as she took a deep breath. Her chest heaved up and down whilst her eyes blinked rapidly along with her trembling lips. The word 'fear' couldn't describe how she was feeling at that moment. Would she be able to really tell the truth to her parents? Would she be able to look in to their eyes once she was over? Would they still love her as much as before? Either way, there was no backing out once she sat in front of her parents and stared at those watery eyes. They were happy and relieved that she was back, yet, she knew that that look in their eyes would change once she opened to explain what happened.

 

 

"Sunny?" The woman spoke, her lips drawing in to a small smile as she urged the girl to start speaking. Sunny took a quick glance towards SooYoung, looking for some kind of encouragement, and she did found it in the girl's subtle smile. Gulping hard, the older one averted her gaze back to her parents, her lips as she opened to begin talking, watching as her parents gaze softened with her fail try to speak.

 

 

"F-first... I'm sorry for disappearing..." She mumbled, letting her gaze drop to the floor as she bit her lower lip guiltly. However, it was a matter of seconds until she heard a faint 'It's okay.' coming from her father, who kept a sweet smile on his face. Sunny raised her head and stared at her father with widened eyes, but quickly averted her gaze to SooYoung, who gave a light squeeze on her hand as she nodded her head. "I have something to say... Please don't interrupt me, I need to say it all at once."

 

 

"Go ahead, sweetheart." Once again the man spoke in a soft tone, his eyes never leaving his daughter's pale face. She was utterly scared, however, still managed to control her tone of voice. her dry lips once again, Sunny cleared and stared back at the man's brown orbs.

 

 

"T-there's this person whom I fell in love with... But it was one-sided... I couldn't handle the pain of being rejected, so I had to run away from everything for sometime... I'm sorry for not being able to tell the truth to you, but I just couldn't face it. I couldn't stand the pain. I'm sorry." She said, always keeping her voice low, afraid that it would crack and she would burst in to tears. SooYoung's hand was holding hers tightly, giving that one support which she needed the most, aside from her parents'.

 

 

"Oh my God..." Her mother mumbled, a sad frown appearing on her face as she quickly sat beside her daughter and puller her in for a hug. It was a matter of seconds until the petite body began to shake, soft sobs made it's way to the woman's ears as the girl cried helplessly. She shouldn't have said those words, it only made her heart hurt once again. 'Her first broken heart.. And I wasn't even there...'

 

 

"He must be stupid, sweetheart. Don't let it bring you down. There are many other boys out there who will love you endlessly." Her father nodded his head, confident of his own words. However, he didn't know that his girl was talking about a she. 

 

 

 

-----

 

 

 

"You still have to teach tomorrow." Tiffany said, not bothering to even look at the nervous girl beside her, who was tapping her fingers on her own lap. She could feel the nervousness emanating from the teacher, even if the other tried to mask it. TaeYeon knew that Tiffany was aware of her state of mind. A mind that was slowly crashing down, being flooded by familiar thoughts. However, the older girl tried hard to not let it show on her serious face. "Do you think she'll be there?"

 

 

"She can't miss another class, or she'll fail the year." Just like her face, her voice was serious and free from any kind of nervousness, but this time, Tiffany could hear a hint of worry hidden in between those words. The woman sighed inwardly, knowing the other way too well, she could tell that TaeYeon was trying her best to hide her emotions and the only thing Tiffany could do was  to try to play along with it. "How old must be her oppa? He didn't look older than her."

 

 

"Tae..." Tiffany sighed, propping her elbow on the table in front of her and tilting her head as she stared at the girl beside her. Those brown orbs were cast down low and her eyebrows furrowed. It seemed that the serious TaeYeon didn't want to leave and make room for the dorky TaeYeon. Tiffany

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter