Chapter 20

She's Back!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She stared at the scene in front of her with confusion written all over her face. Jessica was cupping TaeYeon's face tenderly, their gazes locked on each other's eyes. Sunny noticed how TaeYeon seemed to be stuck in to the ground, her eyes wide, but still glued to the other's, signaling that even if she was shocked, she wasn't willing to look at something else. Sunny gasped at the sound of her broken heart when Jessica took a step closer to the teacher, enveloping the stiff body in a tight hug, her lips landing soundly on the other's cheek. She saw the older whisper something on TaeYeon's ears, just to smile brightly when the woman cupped her face. Her teacher was being affectionate to someone else beside her. Sunny didn't like that at all. She disliked that TaeYeon's thumb was slowly caressing Jessica's cheek, how a single tear fell from those beautiful brown eyes, how those lips pushed apart to form a hesitating smile. It should be meant to only one person... Sunny was indeed possessive - that's something she didn't like about herself, but there was no denying about it. She confessed to the teacher, hell, she even kissed TaeYeon, but there she was, ogling at someone else.

Sunny sighed, shooting a side glance to the surprised SooYoung - who was somehow grinning at the scene in front of her. Indeed, her friend was right. There was no doubt that TaeYeon wasn't straight. Everyone could notice the tension in between those two women, how their gazes refused to be broken apart, how their hands were glued to each other's face. It was obvious that there was something hidden in those stares, something that Sunny couldn't put her hand on, and it hurt her. 

Something was tugging at her heart, forcing her to avert her gaze when those two teacher began to close the already minimum distance in between them. A soft, yet strong hand gripped her shoulder and then slid to her waist,  joining an arm that was already hugging her midsection. SooYoung held her chin, forcing Sunny to look into her eyes as they heard a soft whimper coming from their own teacher. It wasn't needed for her to look at them to know what was happening at the moment, the sound of her broken heart was already filling her mind as she pictured the scene that was developing just a few meters in front of her. TaeYeon wasn't straight, TaeYeon's heart already had an owner.

"I'm sorry." SooYoung whispered as she Sunny's cheek tenderly, never letting her gaze trail away from those teary eyes. The shorter girl bit her lower lip, preventing a pained sob from escaping from her dried lips. It was hurting her deep inside, her stomach was twisting as a knot appeared on , as if mocking her innability to control those damned emotions. "I'm so sorry, Sunny..."

She could hear the sincere worry filling every gap left in between SooYoung's words, which echoed in her confused mind. She was lost, but as she was holding onto her savior, Sunny knew that it wasn't going to last long. SooYoung was there for her. It didn't matter if her heart was a mess of broken pieces, she knew that SooYoung would patiently glue it all together and then hand it back to her,  just to ever so slowly, carefully conquer her place and claim the heart as a prize.

A sigh escaped through her lips.  Everything could be so easier if she just fell in love with this caring, beautiful girl that was her friend... However, life likes to be a , it slapped her across the face with the realization of an impossible love. A love that wasn't meant to be. Sunny could cry, sob and beg for a different ending, but she always knew that her heart would cling desperately to that kidlike teacher.

"I'm fine." Sunny mumbled, wrapping her fingers around SooYoung's wrist and pulling it downwards, so she could free herself from the hold on her chin. The taller girl inhaled deeply, shooting a small glance towards those two teacher - who were finally away from each other, yet still holding a confuse, but loving stare. She didn't want her friend to see that scene, but if the other was willing to, then she couldn't object. Her arm was still secured around the small waist, keeping a secure grip on Sunny in case she faltered. The latter sneaked her hand from SooYoung's wrist to her palm, holding it tightly. "I'm done loving her."

 

--x--

 

TaeYeon ran her finger down LeeTeuk's jawline, noticing how clenched his jaw was as he exhaled multiple times. He was fuming mad, yet still maintained a soft touch on the teacher's arm, as if using her warmth to remind himself to not unleash his anger. He knew that she had enough problems for the day, he didn't want to be another to bother her troubled mind, so he only ran his hand up and down her arms, trying to calm down both of them. His heart was hammering inside of his chest, his mind a thurmoil as images of what TaeYeon told him flashed through his eyes. Jessica was back, yet, it wasn't enough, the woman was already trying to claim his fiancée's heart back. However, he wouldn't let her. As he ran his fingers through her hair, he couldn't contain a sigh from escaping his mouth.

That already known heavy feeling was back, clouding his mind and tugging at his heart. Leeteuk should be already used to it, since he always felt that uncomfortable sensation whenever Jessica's name was brought in the conversation, but, as time went by, TaeYeon slowly learned to avoid speaking the teacher's name. Soon, he forgot about that gorgeous, yet dangerous, woman. However, once his fiancée mentioned the kiss that happened in the school hallway, Leeteuk found himself at loss of words. TaeYeon harboured a special place for Jessica within her heart - ever since the beginning, he knew that she would always have a big part of his fiancée love -, and, as he was sliding the wedding ring on to TaeYeon's finger, he promised to himself and to the other that he would protect her like a big brother and a loving husband should, then again, he also knew that TaeYeon never thought of him as a man, who was willing to spend the rest of his life by her side. However, he was more than happy to be able to touch that commitment ring on his finger and proudly announce that he belonged to her.

"Forgive me." She muttered quietly, landing a soft kiss just below his chin, not bothering to lift her head from his broad chest. Leeteuk smiled warmly, returning the affection with a gentle squeeze on her arms as he too kissed the crown of her head. Part of him was begging to float on cloud nine, yet, there was this tight string tied to his ankle and the ground, keeping him from getting lost in that moment.

"Don't worry." He replied, letting his voice hang just above a whisper in a try to not disturb the almost perfect silence that fell upon them. He felt TaeYeon snuggle against his chest, bringing her knees up to hug it against her own chest. She was vunerable, and he was the only she could completely lean on. Leeteuk always knew about her ual preference, he was the one who actually helped her when her mom simply avoided the topic. He was there for her when Jessica suddenly disappeared, not bothering to send a message or explain why was she leaving. He saw the wrecked and depressed TaeYeon, who refused to eat or even leave her bed. He was the one who carefully fed her, spoon after spoon, always muttering comforting words and promises.

"I love you.." He was the first man - besides her father - to hear those three words. Leeteuk still remembered when she enveloped him in a tight hug as they strolled on the beach - his feet burying themselves in the sand with each step he took, since he had her weight all over him -, her arms draped around his shoulders while his hand was resting on her waist, and then, she whispered those words right in to his ear. A smile flashed on his lips as his heart would still burst in joy whenever he reminisced that scene, which was locked on the safest place of his mind.

"I love you too, Tae." Came out the mumbled reply, followed by a squeeze on the girl's arm. Both of them knew the meaning behind those words, they could understand all those hidden messages within the sillabes. It was no more, no less than a healthy kind of love. There were no misunderstandings in between them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter