Chapter 16

She's Back!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Soo?" Sunny mumbled, her fingers filling the gaps in between SooYoung's ones as she held the other's hand tightly in hers, ever so softly tugging at it in a fail try to make the other look at her. SooYoung had been ignoring her ever since they left the classroom. She didn't hold Sunny's hands nor wrapped her arm around the shorter's shoulders, making it obvious for Sunny to notice the solemn expression and aura that fell upon her bestfriend's shoulders. The girl knew she was wrong for accepting her teacher's request in front of SooYoung, just minutes before they shared a kiss and the taller asked for forgiviness. However, in her conception, there wouldn't be any other chance for her to have alone time with her dear teacher. "Are you walking home with me? I want to talk to you--"

"No, I need to fix some things." The latter sneered, yanking her hand from the other's grip, earning a frown as an answer. SooYoung exhaled, crossing her arms when their walking came to a halt. Once again, she could feel every inch of her body getting tense as memories flooded her mind. The way TaeYeon hugged Sunny - and the girl stopped crying immediatly -, the small smile playing on the teacher's lips as she muttered her request, and that damned victorious grin when Sunny finally accepted. SooYoung couldn't calm her heart even if she wanted to.

"Are you mad at me?" Sunny mumbled, her hands clasping in front of her body as she looked up at SooYoung with big eyes. Shivers ran down her spine when SooYoung softly touched her cheek, the girl's thumb caressing the smooth skin slowly. Sunny hated aegyo, yet, if it was needed, she would use and abuse of it.

"Why did you kiss me?" The taller replied, not caring about answering the earlier question. Her palm tingled, loving the way it felt against her bestfriend's skin. Sunny gulped, her gaze averting from SooYoung's eyes to the ground.

"I..." She gulped once again, biting her lower lip as she felt SooYoung's hand trailing down to her chin and forcing it upwards, making Sunny stare at the girl's slight watery eyes. Guilt overcame her rational senses and all she could think of was comforting the younger girl.

"If you don't like me, just say it, please." SooYoung muttered, her hand leaving it's spot on Sunny's chin and falling back to it's original place, hanging beside the girl's body. Sunny, however, wrapped her arms around the slim waist, pulling her bestfriend in to a strong hug. The girl gasped, willing herself to fight against the pooling tears which were begging to be freed.

"You're so important to me, Soo." Sunny whispered, her voice coming out muffled since her face was pressed against the taller's shirt. She felt the need to clear all the misunderstanding that were happening, yet, she also felt the need to confirm each and every feeling SooYoung had. It didnt matter if she was hurting herself in the process, she had to clear her bestfriend's mind. However, what she didn't know was that she was also hurting her bestfriend.

"What do you feel for me?" The girl pressed on, her long arms wrapping around the petite girl's shoulders, returning the hug. Sunny whimpered silently, tightly closing her eyes as she felt a familiar sting in her eyes. She couldn't cry, not in front of SooYoung. "Tell me, please."

"I love you... B-but as a sister would." That was it. SooYoung gulped, throwing her head back as she gave her best at restraining those insistent tears, which were already b. She was definitely torn apart. Meanwhile, Sunny gripped her shirt and pulled her, trapping SooYoung in an almost painful hug. "Don't let it change us, Soo."

"...We have to talk about you and Ms Kim, and decide what you want to do." She mumbled, slowly gripping the shorter's shoulder and pushing her. SooYoung was indeed hurting, but she had to think about Sunny's feelings, she couldn't trap the other. It was time for her to think about Sunny's feelings and try to understand it, she had to put their friendship above everything.

"Let's just go home, Soo." The girl mumbled, shaking her head as she used all of her strength to keep on hugging her taller friend. SooYoung, however, slipped her arms away, trapping both of Sunny's hands in between hers whilst leaning down to look into the girl's eyes.

"We have to talk about you two. It's obvious here that our teacher feels something for you, we just have to find out the intensity of it." She pressed on, trying to knock something into her bestfriend's mind. If SooYoung wasn't going to have the person she loves, then might as well let Sunny have the woman she truly fell for.

"What if--" Sunny bit her lower lip, her sentence not daring to leave her lips as SooYoung's soft gaze turned into a warning glare. She was scared of the outcome, but she didn't dare to say it. The last thing Sunny wanted to know was how it felt to be rejected by the one you love, even if SooYoung told her it was quite difficult to happen - based on those stares and different treatment the short girl received from TaeYeon -, yet, as time passed, it became harder to believe her bestfriend's words.

She wanted to trust SooYoung - the one and only person who was there for her, willing to be her fortress, even if it meant being broken down by non-reciprocal feelings -, Sunny needed to lean on someone and tell all her heartfelt worries. However, she knew that she had to start being careful with SooYoung, since she acknowledged the girl's heart. Her bestfriend wasn't a strong person... No. She was an excellent actress, she knew how to hide her own feelings, but, even an Oscar winner would have his own slips and let his feelings be shown once in a while. SooYoung slipped, she bared her feelings in front of Sunny as tears ran down her face, her weak side laid in front of her bestfriend. It was an image that Sunny couldn't and wouldn't ever forget.

"Won't you trust me? Just like before, let everything to me." SooYoung smiled, leaning down to kiss the shorter's cheek. Her hands released Sunny's and came to rest on the girl's face, each thumb caressing the skin slowly, trying to pass tranquility and it earned a small sigh. Sunny tilted her head, letting all of it's weight b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter