Chapter 13

She's Back!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A heavy sigh escaped through her trembling lips, her hands were gripping the plastic cup tightly whilst her red eyes stared blankly at the street in front of her. She was torn apart. Her head was pounding, her muscles were sore and her eyelids felt heavy, but she didn't feel the need to sleep. The girl knew if she ever dared to close her eyes, she would never open them again. She was now alone. She had to be strong, to be her own source of confidence and hope. There was no more SooYoung behind her, stretching out her arms, ready to catch a falling Sunny. She would have to deal with her own tormented mind, arguing and disagreeing with every thought that ever tried to make sense within her head.

"Is everything alright?" She slowly raised her gaze, never bothering to hide her sad expression nor stained cheeks. She wasn't alright and she needed to show it to the world, however, none of it's habitants seemed to care. "You look... Horrible.."

"That made everything better, thank you." Sunny herself couldn't believe that it was her own voice which was dripping with sarcasm, soaking the woman in front of her. The latter flinched, obviously offended by the way she was treated.

"Can I help you somehow?" It was a stupid question. She was only a stranger, a frightened looking girl. Her pale white skin and those shy, yet misterious eyes were indicating that she wasn't only a teenager. However, the light brown hair tied in to a ponytail and the heavy-looking backpack told Sunny otherwise.

"What's your name?" She clicked her tongue, happy that the sitting girl was finally talking, her sarcasm still existent, but not so obvious like before. A wide smile appeared on her face as she plopped herself on the seat in front of Sunny, her backpack landing heavily on the floor beside her left foot.

"Park HyoMin! Nice to meet you." A frown was evident on Sunny's face. Couldn't the girl feel the dark aura hanging above her shoulders?! Was she so oblivious to it? "Care to tell me your name?"

"In fact, I do care." Her old agressive self was back in a matter of seconds, surprising the bubbly girl. Hyomin bit her lower lip, staring at her out-stretched hand, which she kindly hoped that Sunny would shake. A sigh was holden back.

"Can you just.. You know.. I don't want to look like an idiot..." A shy smile and a nod from her head was all that Sunny needed to scoff, yet stretch out her own hand and shake Hyomin's. "You.. Have a soft hand... I'm just saying, by the way."

"Why?" Sunny mumbled, her gaze casting down on to the hot chocolate in between her hands. It was already cold, but she needed to feel something agaisnt her palms, or else, she would be lost in her own thoughts. The girl in front of her propped her chin on her hands, her elbows resting on the table as she stared at the beautiful girl in her eyesight.

"I'm from a christian school, my teacher.. Well, she always says that we're supposed to do something good while we're living, because that's how we're going to heaven." Hyomin sighed, pouting a little as her eyes trailed every inch of Sunny's saddened face. Meanwhile, the latter didn't raise her head, but she was already focused on what the other was saying. She knew that speech. "That's pretty much silly, but I do believe that we have to help each other.. The humankind is lost, our generation is lost.. However, I'm trying to do my part here."

"That's funny.. I used to hear that from a friend of mine." She didn't want to say the name, she forced herself to keep it hanging somewhere on her tongue. Hyomin bit her lower lip. Now she knew what the problem was, but she also knew that they wouldn't talk about it, not when the other looked like she was going to break down at any moment.

"Do you want another drink? I can buy you one.." She fidgeted with her fingers, staring at the cup's content. Sunny, however, just merely shook her head, gulping down another sip from her now cold chocolate. The once restrained sigh escaped through Hyomin's lips. She felt the urge to talk to the other, to discover her name, to make her dark aura disappear, but it didn't seem like an easy task. Sunny was like an old book. You want to read it, you want to discover what's written within those pages, but you can't. You can't touch it, you can't go near it. It's fragile. You just have to be contented by looking at it's cover, waiting for someone to tell you what's inside.

 

--x--

 

"So, that's your idea?" Tiffany mumbled, her cheeks bloated as she tried her best at speaking while munching a piece of pizza. TaeYeon merely nodded, her lips pushed in to a thin line. She was utterly annoyed by the other's behavior, yet she was in no place to rant about it. She had called Tiffany, she asked the other to make her company and the girl nicely accepted it. But, if she only knew what would happen, she wouldn't even bother to leave her comfy bed that morning.

"Do you want to object to it?" Her late reply came out harsher than it should be, startling an eyesmiling Tiffany, who was now munching happily on a piece of cheese. The younger girl pouted, dropping the melted cheese back on to the top of the pizza and wiping her oily fingers on a napkin. TaeYeon's frown deepened. "Why can't you just eat the pizza like a normal person? Why do you have to eat the cheese, then the rest of the pizza? Why can you just bite it?!"

"One question at time, please." The younger girl spoke, not bothering to look in to TaeYeon's eyes since she was busy with the task of cleaning her hand. The other sighed, crossing her arms and leaning back on the chair. She was tired of trying to talk to a hungry Tiffany. The girl wouldn't even spare a glance at her while there was food on her eyesight. 

TaeYeon watched as her friend gleefully her lips, then glanced at another piece of pizza before catching it within her hands and trying to take the cheese from it's top. The older scoffed. Why did she even cleaned her fingers if she was going to eat another slice of pizza? TaeYeon shook her head. She wasn't even going to try to understand the girl sitting across from her.

"Tae, are you going to make dinner?" Tiffany spoke, her round eyes staring at a piece of cheese the flew out of and landed in front of TaeYeon. The latter's face scrunched as she stared at the table, her body instinctively pressed against the chair. However, Tiffany just giggled. "Sorry for that."

"The pizza was for Lee--"

"Do you know how to cook?" TaeYeon's face became annoyed, but she still nodded her head, trying her best at keeping calm. Tiffany grinned, throwing the bitten slice on the plate as she clapped her hands excitedly. "Listen to me now! I have this amazing idea!"

 

--x--

 

Sunny lips followed the lyrics of the song silently, not daring to make a single noise. Her gaze was casted down low, her hands tucked in her pockets and her feet kicking numerous rock's that dared to stay on her way. The volume wasn't high, in fact, she could clearly hear what was happening around her. Cars' honks, birds chirping, random conversations of random people were reaching he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter