Chapter 15

She's Back!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

She didn't like what she saw. Her heart clenched at the scene in front of her, yet, she couldn't understand why. It couldn't be attraction what she felt for the younger girl, but it also wasn't love. She didn't like Sunny that way. She couldn't see her as a woman, yearning for love, her job didn't allow her to do so. TaeYeon had to understand that Sunny was her mere student - an excellent one at that -, and she couldn't harbour deep feelings for the girl. TaeYeon just couldn't allow herself to fall in to that ocean, not when she already had a grip on the shore, crawling her way back to the solid ground. However, the image of SooYoung's caressing Sunny's back wouldn't leave her mind, nor the shorter's fingers entangling themselves in her bestfriend's hair.

The teacher could feel her heartbeat trying to go back to it's steady rhythm, her tensed muscles relaxing and her trembling hands weren't sweating as much as before. But, her mind refused to calm down, repeating over and over again the same scene. A sisterly love. That's what TaeYeon used to describe what she felt for Sunny, but, she herself was doubting her unchanging feelings. It seemed as if the time hasn't passed by. TaeYeon could still clearly remember the day that Sunny walked in, her head lowered and her brown bangs covering her face. Those once scared eyes turned in to a beautiful eyesmile as she gazed at the teacher, her hand stretching out to swipe the bang out of her vision. The long brown hair, which was now cut and dyed, was the short girl's trademark, along with her cheerfulness. Sunny was almost a kid, always smiling brightly when meeting new people, however, TaeYeon noticed, when someone looked right in to the girl's eyes, she would cower and lower her gaze. Shy, yet sociable.

Sunny was the brightest when she was beside SooYoung, gripping the taller's hand tightly in hers or hugging the other's arm, either way, it was obvious that the contact in between them was the one and only thing that could make Sunny release her inner bubbly self. TaeYeon hated that. She wanted to see a free Sunny without SooYoung hanging around her, telling her what to do or how to act.

Every once in a while she would find herself glancing at her student, questions hanging on her tongue as she wondered whether to ask the girl or not, yet, everytime she mustered up her courage to ask, SooYoung would always swerve it to herself and reply with an ironic answer. Annoying, but understandable. Everyone knew that SooYoung protected Sunny, like an older sister to her baby sibling, but TaeYeon could see further. Those subtle glances, meaningful smiles and touches... It wasn't something a mere friend would do. However, Sunny closed an eye closed to those signs and kept on clinging on her bestfriend's arms.

"Aren't you going to start talking?" SooYoung's voice cut through the air, reaching her ears and snapping TaeYeon back to reality. The teacher cleared , resting her elbows on the table surface as she stared at her two students. Sunny's eyes were glassy, her lower lip trapped in between her teeth, her gaze dropped on to the floor. "Come on, teacher, I'm waiting for you to start rambling about how wrong it is to kiss another girl."

"I'm--" Her sentence got caught in once she saw a single tear running down Sunny's cheeks and stop just below her chin, hanging there for a couple of seconds, deciding whether to fall or not. SooYoung was too engrossed on glaring at TaeYeon, she could barely notice the trembling girl beside her, who was now fighting the urge to sob and cry loudly. Meanwhile, the teacher gulped, slowly rising from her seat and making her way towards the shorter girl. Her arms acted in it's own mind, wrapping around the small body, pulling it against the teacher's. She felt Sunny become tense in her arms, yet, the girl's arms still reacted and returned the hug. "I'm not against what you two feel, yet, I beg, don't show it around, it's for your own good, ok? Also, stop crying, Sunny."

"Why?" SooYoung spoke, her voice toned down, yet, still loud enough to be heard by the other. Meanwhile, Sunny was quietly whimpering within TaeYeon's arms, her mind telling how wrong and childish she was acting, but her heart yearning for more seconds of contact. She felt as if she was trapped in between heaven and hell. TaeYeon's arms were her particular heaven, yet, SooYoung's scrutininzing gaze was slowly pulling her back to earth, or naming it more roughly, hell. Sunny didn't want to leave her newfound fortress, but, as she grew more and more uncomfortable under that situation, she unwillingly pulled herself form the embrace. SooYoung sneered, crossing her arms. "Why is it, Ms. Kim? Why are you saying this? Do you have something to confess to us?"

 

--x--

 

Those black orbs were inviting, enticing you to jump within those darkened pools and drown without asking for help. They were warm. That gaze was soft, pleading and caring, - three things she had seen before hiding within her favourite teacher's own pair of dark brown eyes - . Sunny was enticed. Her mind and soul wrapped by the other's small glances, which were slowly becoming full gazes. She could feel the aura emanating from the teacher - a strong, fearless aura -, she could feel every inch of her body being analysed by the other's most important feature, her eyes. However, Sunny didn't feel threatened. Her shy persona was long forgotten once she stood in front of the older woman, her entire being was engulfed by the former's presence.

"Yes?" Just what she thought it would be, a tiny voice, low tone, masked with an unexistent confidence. Sunny's lips curved upwards as she slowly bent down, bowing 90º degrees.

"Good Morning, I'm Lee Sunny." A surprised frown appeared on Hyomin's face. The girl never left Sunny's side during that day, yet, she was only rewarded with a monologue. However, the first greeting directed to somebody else was premiated with the girl's full name. It was quite unfair, moreover since the only response given by the teacher was an a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter