Chapter 12

She's Back!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Have anyone ever told you that you are beautiful?" The girl's mouth formed a smile, her pearly white teeth showing beneath those plump pinkish lips. The sincerity could be heard within her sentence, not wanting to be hidden. The other bit her lower lip, her own eyes scanning the mirror in front of her. Was she surprised? Yes, she was. She'd never received a compliment from her friend, not a serious one. The girl would always say something sweet and then end it with an 'I'm joking'. Heartbreaking? Pretty much. However, she was used to it already. "I'm serious here... You are seriously beautiful... You look like a fearless woman."

"I'm a scared kitty, though." She giggled, her head falling to her side as she glanced upwards. The other slightly shook her head, patting her friends shoulder and then moving aside to get a better look at the girl's new haircut.

"I can see how sharp your jaw is, Sunny.. How small your eyes become when you smile.. How pinchable your cheeks are..." The other mumbled, letting her eyes widen at the beauty in front of her. The latter giggled, blushing at the other's endless compliments. "I hate to say this, but short hairstyle suits you so well."

"Well.. What happened? You are so sweet today, Soo." Sunny spoke, half of her face hidden behind her small hands. The taller girl chuckled. She was indeed sweet, but she didn't know why. Was it because Sunny came to her earlier that day, crying her heart out, mumbling incoherent words and swearing out loud? All of that because she couldn't handle anymore the one-sided love she had for one certain teacher. Yes, she told SooYoung. In a midst of tears, sobs and wimpers, SooYoung could make out the reason why the girl was a wreck. "It's not like you to be this caring towards me."

Was SooYoung mad at her bestfriend or at the teacher? She didn't know. However, it was so clear to her. That unknown fire burning deep within her locked heart was so heated that she could barely stand still. She had to break something, she had to scream obcenities at the world. But... She didn't. She didn't for the sake of her brokenhearted friend, the one and only person that meant the world to her. She had to be strong for the other, she needed to put a smile on those quivering lips, she had to bring back that old gleam she was so used to see in the older's eyes. However, she didn't know if she was able to do so. Not when her own heart was breaking at the scene of a wimpering Sunny, sitting with her back against the wall, her soft hands trying to get a grip at the cold floor beneath her. The older was broken, she was left in to pieces and it was SooYoung's job to mend it back together.

"Are you even listening to me, Soo?" Sunny's voice snapped her back to reality, her lost eyes refocusing on that cute round face in front of her. The girl was no longer sitting, but SooYoung still had to look down to lock eyes with her.

"I'm sorry.." A guilty smile played for a while on her lips, then was replaced by a lip-bite. The other giggled, yet it didn't sound happy at all. A forced sound.. Just like all those laughs and smiles SooYoung received that day.

"I was saying that I don't want to go home yet.. Can you let me stay at your home?"

Sunny was more than welcome at that old, beated up apartment. SooYoung lived alone.. Not for choice. Her older sister was happily married to a wealthy man and had a newborn baby to take care of. Her parents were divorced. She didn't know her mother's whereabouts, but her father, he was travelling around and flirting with random women around the globe. You only age if you want to, he said when his daughters complained about the third woman he took home. SooYoung had no one to lean on to. She paid her apartment and suppliments with the money given by her brother-in-law, well, he was gentle enough to accept the burden of taking care of one teenager girl. However, he wasn't present everyday of her life, instead, he was only present when she called him to talk or ask for something. However, SooYoung was pretty much a loner, and now, she was more than glad to have someone living with her.

"Of course." She chuckled, watching as Sunny beamed in joy. "Do you want to go now--"

"I'm only going to dye my hair, then we'll be going!" The older clapped, her eyes forming in to crescent shapes as she smiled. However, SooYoung gasped, widening her own eyes at Sunny's sentence.

"You're going to dye your hair?! But--"

 

--x--

 

"Are you really sure that I can sleep here and use your clothes?" Sunny mumbled, her face hidden in between two pillows. She was sprawled on SooYoung's kingbed, her body occupying half of it. The taller girl laughed at her friend's state.

"Do I really have to answer? Because you're laying on my bed and wearing my pajamas." Indeed, she couldn't see the girl's hands and feet since the pajama was too long for her. However, the cloth was hugging her body so tightly that it was as if Sunny's was wearing nothing. SooYoung gulped. She could see every trace of the girl's abs, her perfectly shaped s were being squeezed by the fabric. However, the girl restrained herself from casting her gaze lower. She didn't want to look like a ert and she surely didn't want to feel like undressing her bestfriend with her own eyes.

"It's really comfy, you know.." The girl once again mumbled, but this time she threw one pillow at her standing friend. "Stop staring and come lie down beside me. "

"I-I wasn't staring!" SooYoung gasped, her cheeks burning red in embarassment. Sunny didn't even have one of her eyes open, yet, she was so sure of what was happening around her. It was as if she had a third eye, which was always caughting the taller girl red-handed. The older, however, just chuckled and patted the empty spot beside her, beckoning SooYoung to join her on the late-afternoon nap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter