Chapter 21

She's Back!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was somehow interesting how TaeYeon's eyes grew large and her jaw fell open as Tiffany grinned proudly at her friend, not caring about the stunned expression on the other's face. She had just narrated her encouter with Sunny - not forgetting to highlight the girl's sleepy eyes and alerted behavior, and how she slowly conquered her space within the student's mind. Of course, at first, TaeYeon rambled about Tiffany acting wrongly, and how she shouldn't get near TaeYeon's own students. However, once the other brushed it off with a quick grin, the teacher knew that there was no escaping from her friend's hidden plan.

A sigh left when she sank against the couch, her hands cupping her own face as she avoided Tiffany's playful - yet, defiant - gaze. She wanted to crawl back into her bed, into Leeteuk's arms, and never leave. The world itself is a scary place... A place where no one dares to face alone, and TaeYeon is one of those. She'd found her security within her fiancée's arms, even if she didn't have any kind of romantic feelings for him, he still meant a lot to her,

Maybe there wasn't any explanation for her dependence on Leeteuk, but maybe it was an after-effect of her parent's decision of banning her from her own family house when they found out she had been maintaining a solid relationship with another woman. At that time, Jessica was long gone, but TaeYeon still insisted on calling the woman and claiming her as her girlfriend and, sometimes, future wife. She could clearly remember how her father punched his own knee in a fail try to refrain himself from doing something stupid, or how her mother's face fell in between her hands as she begun to cry loudly. However, the worst of it all was when Jinwoon, her brother, grabbed her little sister's hands and dragged her away from the desperate TaeYeon.

The confused look, the struggling little body... HaYeon was way too young at that time, yet, being smart as her older sister, she could grasp at the situation easily. The scene of her crying sister still pained TaeYeon's heart and mind. The girl was her soft spot ever since birth, and it only worsened as time passed by and she still wasn't allowed to talk to her sister. However, Leeteuk would still keep in touch with the now grown up girl, who was already 15 years old. TaeYeon would cringe, clench her jaw and take deeps breaths as her fiancée detailed Hayeon's wish on getting a boyfriend and living alone, just like any other teenage girl. It brought her back to her own teenager years, when she was craving for attention and love. Then she met Jessica, who gave everything and more to make TaeYeon feel loved. However, once it was abruptally yanked from her hands, she was left alone with only Leeteuk to cling onto.

She missed Jessica maybe just as much as she missed Hayeon, but, now that the older was back, TaeYeon found herself wondering if she really wanted to meet her little sister once again. Deep down, she knew she wasn't ready for the tons of questions thrown at her by Hayeon. It would probably hurt, and she also wasn't ready to be pulled back by the sadness of reminding herself about those years when she fought for herself and Jessica.

"Tae..." Tiffany mumbled, sitting beside TaeYeon and running her fingertips along the teacher's cheek tenderly, her eyes portraying worry. She had seen TaeYeon getting lost in thoughts frequently, but she could count on her fingers the times when the other cried silently while looking at nothing. "I-I'm sorry... I shouldn't have talked about Sunny like that, I promise I--"

"Do you think she'll understand me? I mean, Jessica..." The woman asked, throwing a side glance at the worried one beside her. Tiffany frowned, trying to formulate a answer in as she foolishly kept on caressing TaeYeon's face. "I... I was thinking about the past.. How I fought for her and went against my own family, but she still doubted everything and every word I spoke... I'm so confused, Tiffany..."

"I dont know how to answer without putting my own feelings in this matter..." She replied truthfully, heaving a sigh right after. TaeYeon slumped her shoulders, letting her gaze drop onto her own hands as she too sighed in despair. She was lost and divided in between two sides, and she couldn't decide which one to choose. "Still, Tae, you should think of her as a finished chapter in your life. Who knows what she's up to?"

"Am I hearing you wrong or are you talking about her like she's a bad person?" TaeYeon scoffed, shooting a small glare at the surprised Tiffany. The latter shook her head vigorously, trying to dissipate the sudden black aura that appeared between them. "Good.. 'Cause you know that she played a big part on my teenage years."

"I know.. I'm sorry for speaking like that, I'm just honestly scared for you..." She mumbled quietly, letting her gaze trail from TaeYeon's soften eyes to the lower lip trapped in between her teeth. It was a sign that the woman was thinking deeply about what the other had just told, or maybe, she was thinking about what to do next. Either way, soon a small smile decorated the teacher's lips. Tiffany sighed in relief, not forgetting to pat TaeYeon's shoulder. "And also, I'm rooting for Sunny, she's quite a catch, don't you think?"

"She's beatiful indeed." A small chuckle left her lips when she finally smiled genuinely at her friend, her eyes setting upon the mute TV. TaeYeon couldn't ever deny the beauty Sunny possessed. It was eye-catching, jaw-dropping and captivating. The best thing about it was that it didn't matter what Sunny did, she would still be stunning in anyone's eyes. While the long hair gave off an innocent vibe, the short one made her look y and misterious.  The teacher would caught herself staring at the student, watching how the younger girl frowned every now and then during the resolution of a math problem, and she was more than glad when Sunny beckoned her over with a pout.

Maybe, just maybe, she was already falling for her own student, but still denied it for her heart was damaged from her relationship with Jessica. Leeteuk had told her many times to forget about the past, but the stubborn part of her clinged desperately to the memories of her happy years with her first love. Yet, somehow, a part of her wanted to throw itself at the depth of Sunny's feelings. She knew. The girl was hinting at her feelings for the teacher, Tiffany was softly tugging her towards the student, Leeteuk was slowly letting go of his grip on her. They heard about her state of mind and lack of love, they wanted her to be happy once again. She knew her happiness wasn't lying on the tiring job, nor on the subtle glances she would occasionally throw towards Sunny's direction. She wanted to feel like a teenager again, and she knew where she could get that, but her spoiled self was adamantly denying it.

"Do you have class with her tomorrow?" Tiffany asked, noticing how TaeYeon seemed to be snapped out of a trance by her voice. The teacher shrugged, looking a the clock hanging on the wall. She was anxious for the day to come, she wanted to get her mind off things, and maybe meet those two women who made her life a pure mess.

"I think I do.. But I won't be able to face her, Tiffany." The worry was evident in her voice, a wary look was portrayed in her eyes as she locked gazes with her friend. Tiffany sighed, reaching out her hand and smoothing TaeYeon's hair. She wanted to calm the teacher, but she didn't have Leeteuk's talent to soothe TaeYeon with only a touch.

"Don't think too much about it, just take a shower and go to sleep." She suggested, offering a small, but sincere, smile at the distressed woman in front of her. TaeYeon bit her lower lip, pondering whether or not to follow the suggestion. "Make sure to look beautiful tomorrow, Tae.. It's your chance, take it."

 

--x--

 

She was late for class, but it didn't matter anyway. Her feet were heavy, her hands tucked on the jeans pocket while her fingers drummed mindlessly to the music's beat. Her earphones were buried deep in her ear, blasting loudly a random electronic song through it's speakers as a suceeded try to overcome a turmoil of thoughts. Sunny hang her head low, her eyes threatening to close due the constant torpor that haunted her being. She had no sleep the night after, all she could do was think about the stunning teacher wrapped in someone else's arms. It hurt her, but somehow, her talk with the Tiffany-girl made something click in her mind.

She didn't want to let go of her love for the older, yet, she also didn't want to hurt any longer. Confusing indeed, but what's not confusing for a girl like Sunny? Everything during her whole life made her question one thing or another, it was hard for her and for the people around her, but she always seeked for answers to every question that popped in her mind.

It all converged into one single thought, was TaeYeon really worth it? A relationship itself with a woman already had it's share of danger, but being daring enough to date a teacher?! Sunny didn't know if she was able to do that, however, she was more than willing to try.

Her steps came to a halt as she glanced to her right, where the teacher's room stood proudly in the midst of lockers. Her mind went back to the moment when her lips touched the teacher's, so briefly and meaningful. She wondered about the chance of it happening again someday, or if TaeYeon atleast thought about it... However, as a sad smile flashed upon her lips, Sunny knew that she was trying to steal something so difficult that even the perfect man was failing miserably at it. Consider it a blasphemy, call her a sinner, but she called t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter