Chapter 5

She's Back!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sunny?" SooYoung mumbled, her gaze fixed on the older girl's face. She could feel the latter's hand sweating profusely, her body shaking as she bit her lower lip in a fail try to contain a gasp. She knew that man, his face was too familiar for her to not recognize him. Sunny lowered her head, letting her bangs fall over her face. SooYoung frowned, trying to understand what the girl was trying to do. A tilt of her head followed by a reassuring pat on the shoulder was all needed to regain Sunny's attention, the taller girl smiled as she slowly pulled the girl's head towards her chest. "Tell me what's wrong."

 

 

As she laid her head on SooYoung's chest she couldn't help but to sigh as her eyes got caught on those two once again, who were now taking pictures by the flower garden in front of them. The man was grinning as he dropped his arm around the girl's shoulder, pulling her closer to his body just to snap another picture.  The girl giggled, resting her head on the man's chest. Those two didn't know, but there was a pair of eyes watching their every move, wondering the real reason why those two were so happy, when at least one of them was supposed to be sad; Wondering why the man was grinning non-stop, when he should be crying. A sigh escaped through Sunny's lips, which didn't go unnoticed by SooYoung as the girl quickly put her hand on Sunny's chin and made her look up to meet the taller's eyes. A small smile appeared on the older girl's lips, followed by a cute yet almost inaudible giggle. Words were not necessary to decipher what Sunny felt at that moment, her eyes showed it all. SooYoung could see the gratefulness shining within the girl's eyes, fruit of her previous action of preventing Sunny from drowning in sadness as she gazed at those two who were no longer by the flower garden. SooYoung brought a hand to Sunny's face, carefully caressing the older girl's cheek. A smile spread through her lips as she noticed the girl closing her eyes for a second, leaning in to SooYoung's touch. 

 

 

"I love you, Soo." The older girl blurted out, opening her eyes and smiling at the surprised girl. SooYoung widened her eyes as she felt her heart thumping loudly against her chest. She knew that Sunny didn't mean it the romantic way, but she couldn't help herself but to feel that way as the girl pronounced those three words she longed to hear. Her chest heaved up and down, her bottom lip got caught in between her teeth as she tried to contain her lovestruck smile from appearing on her face. However, it didn't take too much effort as she heard the next words from Sunny, which made her get down from her high. "You'll forever be the best person that ever happened in my life. I don't know what could've happen to me if you weren't by my side, so that's why I'm asking you to stay with me, Soo... Promise me that you'll always be that friend that will be waiting to help me get up after a fall. Promise me, Soo?"

 

 

"I-I promise." She stuttered, feeling a knot in as she pronounced what the girl wanted to hear. A grin appeared on Sunny's lips as she threw her arms around SooYoung's neck, pulling the girl in to a tight hug. She didn't know, but the moment her eyes left the taller's face as she buried her face on SooYoung's shoulder, a tear fell down from the girl's eyes. However, she quickly wiped it as she cleared . "Now tell me what's wrong?"

 

 

Once again, Sunny's eyes gave it all. The girl pulled from the hug and dropped her gaze to the floor, her hands clasping together on her lap as she bit her lower lip, avoiding SooYoung's questioning gaze. The latter didn't need any kind of proof as she saw Sunny's teary eyes, revealing what the girl felt at that moment. She sighed, running her hand through the girl's short hair. It didn't help as few tears escaped from Sunny's eyes, staining her cheeks with wetness.  Another sigh slipped through SooYoung's lips, but this time she pulled the older girl to a hug, letting her tears dissipate in the taller's shirt. She didn't know what was happening, but surely it had something to do with that guy, since the girl was fine moments ago before she saw him. Either way, she knew that she had to fix whatever it is, so Sunny could stop crying. SooYoung bit her lower lip, tilting her head as she gazed at those two who were now buying icecream. She gulped, patting the older girl's head and getting up from the bench right after. Sunny looked up at her, confused, but SooYoung just gave her a weak smile.

 

 

"Wait for me, I'll be right back." She said, leaning down and planting a soft kiss on the girl's forehead. Before Sunny could oppose, she was left alone by a hurried SooYoung, who dashed towards the icecream parlor. Once the girl was close, she slowed down her pace until she was walking lazily. A sly smile appeared on her face when she noticed the man was distracted with the girl beside him. SooYoung averted her gaze somewhere else and walked faster, bumping in to his back and spilling his ice cream on the floor. A fake gasp made it's way out of , gaining both person's attention. She brought her hands to her face, arching her eyebrows and widening her eyes. I should be an actress... "Oh my God! I'm so sorry!"

 

 

"It's okay." The guy mumbled, looking back at his icecream on the floor. A sad from was visible on his face as he realized the waste of something so tasty. SooYoung had to force herself to not squeal at the cute reaction. For sure, the guy was way more cute and handsome up-close, but she had to control herself since the girl beside him was probably his girlfriend.

 

 

"I'm so sorry! Let me pay another one for you!" SooYoung proposed, not noticing how flirty it sounded until the girl gazed at her with a surprised expression on her face. The man seemed to notice it as he quickly shook his head, a uneasy smile on his lips.

 

 

"It's okay, seriously." The man bowed his head, grabbing the girl's hand and turning around. However, SooYoung stomped her feet on to the ground, biting her lower lip. She brought her hands to her face, taking a deep breath as she mustered all of her courage. She just couldn't let the man walk away.

 

 

"Wait, don't go!" SooYoung shouted, running after those two. The girl huffed, crossing her arms as she made it obvious that she was getting mad at SooYoung, while the guy sighed as he wrapped one of his arms around the girl's waist and whispered something in her ear, which made her smile. SooYoung bit her lower lip, gulping

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter