Chapter 11

She's Back!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

SooYoung took a deep breath, her thumb hovering over the green button. Sunny was calling. She didn't know whether to pick up or not. If she picked up, she'd probably have to explain why she wasn't at school and mostly why she blurted all those words towards the young teacher. If she didn't pick up, she would be running away from the problem, what would make Sunny mad at her. That's one thing she always knew about the other. Sunny hated cowards. She hated those defeated expressions, slumped shoulders and lowered heads. She hated it with all her might. Yet, she was one. Sunny was the kind of person that would always stand by and wait to be noticed. SooYoung hated that about her. She would always scoff and cross her arms once she caught a glance of a fidgeting Sunny, who kept her head low and hands clasped on her lap, those squishy cheeks red with embarassment. She hated how that damned teacher had such a strong influence in Sunny, but why was she even thinking about them?! She missed school so she could get a break from their subtle glances to each other. She couldn't handle how Sunny was being so obvious, especially when she herself said that she would try her best at forgetting her feelings for the teacher. Hypocrit and a liar. That's what you're becoming, Sunny...

She didn't know why she was thinking about hate... Why was she suddenly enraged by everything? It was obvious for SooYoung to see that ever since the day Sunny confessed her love for the shorty, she was getting mad at every little thing. Every glance or every exchange of words between the two could make SooYoung go crazy and she couldn't control it, yet, she was in no position to be mad at her friend. Sunny was going through a tough time and she was the one who promised to be there for her. However, there she was. Locked in her room, still in her pajamas, running away from the awaiting reality. Maybe she also deserved the title of a coward now.

SooYoung was always there, standing beside those two, witnessing their affection for each other. Sunny was so obvious, always blushing or bitting her lips. Meanwhile, TaeYeon... That teacher... She seemed to notice some things, but those occasionals shakes of her head was a sign that she didn't believe what she was seeing.. Or maybe, just maybe, she did believe it, but was not daring enough to face it. That makes her a coward, just another coward. Three cowards afraid of the truth... Could it get any worse? Of course. Why would you content yourself with a scratch if you can perfectly make a deeper wound? SooYoung heaved a sigh. Why did she even make that promise to herself? Why did she commit to bring Sunny back to TaeYeon? To make the older fall in love with her friend? Did she even think about herself in the first place? No, she didn't. She never thought about herself when it had something to do with Sunny. She always put the other's life in a higher place than hers. She was always the second... She even put herself in the second place when it was about her own problem.. SooYoung's the one who's always forced to smile, to show respect towards the first place, to keep her head up and hide her broken heart.

Closing her eyes for a moment, to control those annoying tears which were trying to escape, she sighed once again. That was a habit now. The girl would always sigh, close her eyes for mere seconds and then push the play button on her stereo. That's exactly what happened at that moment. SooYoung laid her back on the soft mattress of her bed, keeping her eyes closed as she took slow breaths. Soon enough, just as she imagined it would be, images of her dream appeared on her mind. Perfect. A smile was on Sunny's lips, the latter's fingers entangling themselves on SooYoung's long hair. They were laying down. SooYoung's head was on top of Sunny's chest, her arms hugging the older around the waist, keeping their bare bodies close as they shared the warmth. Happiness, complete. Those two words could describe perfectly what SooYoung felt at that moment. She wished she would never forget that dream.

 

 

"You have this pretty bad habit of listening to music in the highest volume.. That's bad, you know." Her head snapped up, towards the now open door. Her half-lidded eyes widened when she noticed the one and only cause of her distress. Sunny tilted her head, crossing her arms and leaning on the wall. "You also have another bad habit of hearing a music that describes what you're feeling at the moment."

 

 

She watched when the shorter girl walked towards the bed, sitting beside her laying body. SooYoung bit her lip, turning her head around towards the stereo as she tried to understand those english sentences. It was hard for her, but for the other, who was now watching her with interested eyes, it was quite easy. Sunny listened the man's low voice singing sad words along with a crying piano. It was sad, depressing, but strangely beautiful. Those words described the struggle of an unrequerited love, how it slowly creeped up your body, taking over your senses. It was as if the person was finally confessing to the loved one, however, the confession sounded as a farewell, as if he was finally describing what he felt. The person was letting go, giving up on the love he felt for the other.

 

I search my world but I can't find you

You're standing there, but I can't touch you

I try to talk, but the words are just not there

I can feel a sense of danger

You stare at me like I'm a stranger 

Paralyzed and you don't seem to care

The demons in my dreams

 

"I'm sorry..." SooYoung spoke, showing a small smile whilst slowly sitting up. Sunny arched one eyebrow, gazing right into her bestfriend's eyes. She could see they were slightly red and that gleam she used to love staring at was gone.

"Why?" She replied ever so softly, her right hand brushing the other's disheveled hair. SooYoung bit the inside of her cheeks, lowering her gaze and taking a deep breath. She had to control her maddening heart, or else she would never be free of this onesided love.

"I missed school today and didn't answer any of your calls." She felt proud of her controlled voice. It was as if she wasn't breaking on the inside, begging for help. No. If it sounded different, Sunny could easily mistake it by sleepy. "That's because I overslept and woke up just a moment ago... Minutes before you came."

"Don't lie to me, please." The older girl sighed, letting her hand fall on the girl's chin, slowly caressing the soft skin. SooYoung widened her eyes, afraid that she got caught. "You know that I don't like when people lie to me..."

"I-I'm not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter