Chapter 14

She's Back!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It was indeed different. The atmosphere itself was lighter, happier. Was it because of the constant laughter that reached Sunny's ears or those students that passed by and insisted on greeting the girl with a formal bow and a small smile. Unlike her school, Sunny felt as if she was welcome, as if her mere presence was important. Every now and then she found herself fighting a grin, which was trying it's best to spread on her lips and greet back all those teenagers. Sunny wasn't like that, she wasn't the friendly type that likes to smile and greet each and every person that passed by. However, the air around her seemed to invite the girl to dance, swirl around and smile wholeheartedly. A strange feeling indeed, yet it left a good impression on the amazed girl.

"This is my teachers' room." Hyomin pointed out, her bottom lip getting caught in between her teeth, a habit she had acquired during her early teenage years. Sunny puckered her lips as she chewed on her bubble gum, glancing at the slighty open door.

She could see some teachers talking while others drank coffee, an usual sight. However, there was this one teacher laying her chin on her palms, gazing at one old, fat man, who was laughing loudly with his big hands resting on his overly big pants. The teacher had a slight look of disgust on her face, but was hiding it every now and then, when he looked at her, with a giggle. Sunny herself was cringing at the scene. The man could easily work as Santa during Chritmas. His big stomach, round face and loud laugh would convince every kid that Santa Claus indeed exist.

"The one you're uncomfortable with is my math teacher, Hyungdon." Hyomin once again pointed, her voice just above a whisper, she didn't want to be noticed by the man. Sunny merely nodded, her eyes averting back to the sitting teacher. "And the one staring at him is my Chemistry teacher, Miss Jung. She's awesome."

 

--x--

 

Just give it to her, tell her that you're worried about her since she's too thin and she needs to gain weight. TaeYeon kept on replaying what Tiffany told her that morning as she walked down the hall of the school, her steps slow and hesitant. The woman felt close countless times. She knew her eyes were bigger than normal, also, wasn't pushed into a smile as it would usually be. Everyone could notice and feel the nervousness sipping through her skin, coating her clothes, yet TaeYeon didn't acknowledge it. She would force a smile and shake her head everytime someone asked her if she was feeling unwell, denying it 'till the very end. 

Her thoughts insisted on going back to the chocolate cake sitting on top of her table at the teachers' room, waiting to be touched by it's future owner. She baked it with Tiffany's help, but mostly it was only her doing all the steps, from mixing the ingredients to putting the finished cake in a small container. If she only knew that it was for Sunny, she wouldn't even bother about actually baking the cake and would only buy it. TaeYeon didn't know why, but her confidence was at it's lowest level when it came to Sunny. She gave her best at the cake because she thought it was for LeeTeuk - Tiffany told her it was for Leeteuk -,aeYeon wanted to impress him, she wanted to show that she could become a good wife, unlike what her mom had said to her fiancée.

Her pride was something that people couldn't touch nor doubt about it. Ever since she was a little girl she was known as the prideful one of the family, always keeping her head up, eyes gazing right into your soul. Little TaeYeon was always a determined kid, never hesitating when she had to choose in between two options. Her parents were proud of her, showing the girl to the world as they pointed their fingers with a grin on their faces, happily shouting the girl's name so everyone could stop and notice her. The little TaeYeon grew up, her decisions became more and more important. One little mistake could ruin her future. But, as her parents knew from the very beggining, the girl chose the best, not only for her, but also for her family. However, TaeYeon regretted her decision with every inch of her not so naïve brain. That day, when she said no to her loved one, it turned out to be the one and only painful memory that resided within her mind. She wanted to say yes, she wanted to grab that soft hand - which was reaching out for her - and run away with it's owner, but she didn't. She scoffed, turned around and walked away, forcing her shattering heart to ignore those pleads and screams. TaeYeon was left torn apart. The worst of it all was the fact that she had done it to herself. She had let her parents words sink into her brain and her brother's disappointed gaze mark her memory. That night she went home crying, sobbing silently so she wouldn't be noticed by her little sister. Her family was important, more important than herself.

 

Once arriving at the classroom, TaeYeon briefly bowed to the class, saying her greetings as she took a seat by her desk. The class was surprisingly quiet, every student kept their gazes focused on the smiling teacher, waiting for her to began teaching. TaeYeon, however, took her time, grabbing all that was necessary to start teaching. She never let her eyes wander around the classroom, focusing it only on her working hands. First class of the day, luckily she didn't have to face Sunny so early, since the girl was on the 3rd class, yet, she still felt that it wasn't enough time to come into an agreement with her trembling body. It was just a cake that she was going to give to the girl, but it could have so many meanings hidden in it. Sunny could understand it and accept gladly, however, there was also a fair chance that the girl could misunderstand it. Either way, TaeYeon had to take the chance.

 

The second class was over, the teacher was ever so slowly making her way towards Sunny's classroom, dragging her feet whilst her hands clutched the container. TaeYeon could feel a knot in , her breath getting shallow as the classroom's door came in to her view. It was a matter of seconds until she was in front of the class, her gaze would probably meet Sunny's and TaeYeon would feel SooYoung's glare burning on her skin. She had noticed. SooYoung was the kind of friend that would always try to protect the one that was important to her, in that case, it was Sunny. When the latter re-appeared on the school, TaeYeon was surely happy and relieved, but, as she suspected, it was short lived. SooYoung glued on to her, watching her every move with eagle eyes. And it was no different form what was happening at that moment. TaeYeon finally stood in front of the class, her trembling lips pushed in to a smile. Her professionalism was taking it's tool on her nervous body.

"Good morning, class." She spoke, her voice coming out surprisingly clean and loud. The class greeted back, bowing formally before sitting down on their respective

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter