Chapter VI

Attached To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“I’m glad to hear that. Thank you.” Mr. Liu ended up the call as he glanced to his wife adjacent to him. They were having dinner at their Mansion in China. He picked up his beef steak with his fork before placing it near his lips then ate it.

 

“I can sense some good news in there, darling.” Mrs. Liu inflected, slicing the piece of meat she have in her plate. Mr. Liu smiled and nodded. Swallowing the food, he reached for his wife’s hand and said, “Victoria just reported me that our precious daughter is doing fine. Though, she’s more thankful in having Kris Wu’s presence there because he had helped her in teaching Amber.”

 

“Is that so? I know Amber so well. She won’t listen until it’s her idea. But it’s really good news, isn’t it?”

 

“Yes yes darling. I wonder what Wu Fan or Victoria did use in making her actually listen to them.”

 

“We shouldn’t worry about that. It’s already solved. If she could just learn fast then we wouldn’t have any problem and let her take our company this time.”

 

“Don’t be in a rush. She’s a fast learner, I could tell.”

 

Both of them smiled, let go of each other’s hand before resuming their dinner. They have their own set of bodyguards, standing near their dining table and outside the Mansion. It’s a relief to hear something like that.

 

But what they didn’t know was the latest incident that had happened between Amber and the bodyguards in Korea. They don’t know since Kris Wu refused to report it to them. Busy in running their own company and has many important dealings with the other negotiators.

 

 

 

☯ ☯ ☯

A continuous whimper from that certain client of mine didn’t fade out. Victoria kept on tapping Amber’s table and scolding her at the same time. She was pointing the words at the mini board she’d brought.

 

“You should understand this, Amber. How will you answer them if you didn’t know how to solve it from your own?” Victoria disappointingly asked.

 

Amber just shrugged before slouching on her chair. She purposely wore more piercings to infuriate her mentor, along with waxing her hair to stand in a striking way. Probably looking more like a boy as to what she declared.

 

“I told you. I’m not interested in those. They should figure their problems already instead of asking the company’s President. Too much dependency.” Amber said while drawing some dozen of sheep in her paper.

 

Victoria palmed her forehead. Clearly calming herself not to smother Amber in the neck with her long fingers. She stomped her high-heels then groaned out loud. I could only watch them, two different ladies in front of me.

 

“It’s your responsibility in coming up with a solution! Let your brain work now. And could you stop that terrible drawing you’re doing.”

 

“What the sheep? Terrible?! This is not terrible, you blind unappreciable woman!” Amber defended. She continued drawing those sheep while Victoria sighed heavily. Unfortunately, her attention shifted to me. And I’m not supposed to feel like my existence is truly just that pleasant.

 

 “Oh, then Kris Wu-ssi.” Victoria started. She eyed Amber before smirking at her now alert expression, “I hope I’m not a bother or something but…Can you help me with this special girl over here?” She patted Amber’s right shoulder yet her eyes were fixed on me.

 

I was about to answer her yet Amber turned quickly and shook her head. Grabbing Victoria’s hands on her before pleading, “No no no no no! I’ll listen to you this time. Please, I won’t draw again just…you teach me!”

 

“That’s what I want to hear from you cutie Amber!” Victoria pinched Amber’s nostril, practically showing her widest grin to me and Amber. She waltzed back to the board then happily proceeded, “So! Where were we?”

 

The lecture went on. Victoria successfully taught more important details and lessons to Amber whose back was facing me the entire time. She completely ignored me. I can even say that she want to consume all the oxygen in this world and never left anything for me to breathe in.

 

After a moment, I have to excuse myself, exiting Amber’s room. Pacing down the hall, I saw the main door opened slightly. My brows furrowed automatically. Tao suppose to be guarding outside with the door close, right? Why is it open?

 

Slowly but steadily, I peeked onto it before opening and didn’t see Tao in the front door. Where is he? I quickly pressed my earpiece at once.

 

“Agent 3, where are you?”

 

No answer. I closed the door behind me.

 

Wind rushes up in my faces that blew my hair and tie, making it flip limply. I scanned the pavement, no odd signs. I searched from my right to left.

 

“Agent 4, can you locate Agent 3 for me?”

 

“I’m on it, Agent 1.” Luhan replied immediately. Since he’s in the rooftop, he can possibly see some sign of anyone and that’s his specialty too, along with his laptop and rather a demodulating device. To detect accurately of something that is assign to him.

 

“Found him! He’s in the back of the house, west wing. Uhmm…in the tree I think?”

 

Without having second thought, I dashed myself to that direction Luhan had told me and resourcefully saw Tao balancing himself in the tree. He was reaching for something much higher to his position.

 

The earpiece he had was detached from his ear. No wonder he couldn’t reply. I walked towards him. Then that’s when I clearly saw that he was saving the black cat. Catching the cat easily when it’s about to fall, he jumped out of the thick stalk.

 

“Kris gege, you’re here.” Tao surprisingly said, still holding the cat. My eyes traveled to the cat before to him then nod.

 

“Never leave the main door open again.” I reminded him in my usual low voice. He widened his eyes before bowing, “I forgot! I’m sorry it’s my fault.”

 

I nodded once more, “At least you repent.”

 

Xiumin then made an appearance. His eyes curious but immediately replaced by a glistening one when he saw the cat in Tao’s arms.

 

“Such a cute cat! Where did you get this, Tao?” He asked in excitement while caressing the cat’s fur.

 

“Uh, I just saw it passed here and I don’t know. I followed it until saw it stuck in that tree and decided to save it.” Tao shrugged before handing it to Xiumin.

 

“Have some quality time together with that new found cute stuff for you, Agent 6?” I asked flippantly.

 

“Yes! Of course. Such a cutie like this should be taken care of and…” He stopped when he recognized my voice instead of Tao’s.

 

“Oh! Sorry sorry I got carried away, Kris.” He replaced instantaneously.

 

It didn’t last long when Xiumin yelped from surprise. The cat had left some small scratches onto Xiumin’s arms before running away from us. Tao laughed quietly at Xiumin and I just gave him a sympathetic look.

 

“That hurts. What did I do to that stupid cat?”

 

“Now you’re calling it stupid? I thought it was cute awhile ago?” Tao teased. Xiumin just frowned at him while rubbing his arms. Then I glanced back at where the cat did take its way.

 

Before it can even disappear from our sight, I saw something that sparkled from its neck. My body became stiff but stayed composed. Possibilities flashed through my mind in a second.

 

“The cat seems suspicious.” I muttered. Tao looked at me vigilantly and Xiumin as well. Silence eluded when my body didn’t wait for my brain to command, I ran to where the cat was, followed by Tao and Xiumin behind.

 

Pressing the earpiece in process, “Agent 4! Trace the cat just now! And check if someone’s near this street! Agent 2 and 5, don’t leave Amber and Victoria. Secure the house at once!”

 

“Got it, Agent 1.” Luhan, Lay and Chen said in unison.

 

I can’t believe I let that thing off! How come I didn’t see it coming? Turning to my left, I ran as fast as I can and followed the cat’s latest tracks. Of course it would be 2 times faster than any human being.

 

“The necklace…it’s a device…right?” Xiumin asked in between his pants while running. I don’t have the time to answer, just focusing myself on the road.

 

The house we’re living was quite far from the other houses for us not to attract attentions. In the duration of running, we passed by the series of identical houses. It’s a village-like pattern. Others had their fences in the front yard while most of them haven’t.

 

Mailboxes are seen too, solidly planted into the ground. Grasses were accurately trimmed. But then again, some might be too inactive to cut them off. It’s peacefully quiet around here; sound of a gunshot obviously wouldn’t go well.

 

“A black car’s coming from your right side guys! Watch out.” Luhan’s words plastered into our minds and we separated from each other when the said car almost hit us.

 

I rolled to my left, Tao to the front while Xiumin to his back. Without any permission, I subconsciously entered a front yard full of grasses that scraped some few in my left cheek. Great. Of all places why in my face?

 

Lifting myself in one knee, I glanced at the street. The black car stopped in front of us, opening the door as the cat jumped knowingly to the driver before darting away. A hiss escaped my mouth automatically.

 

Tao dragged himself to the now empty street before sighing, full of regrets. I stood up and went there too, Xiumin showed up later after me; dusting off his shoulders.

 

“Let them go. We surely do have tracks on them anyway.” I exhaled confidently but didn't miss the chance to focus on the plate number.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~Amber’s POV~

Witnessing the piled up books in my table makes me wanna cry. That Victoria woman really knows how to let me suffer, doesn’t she?

 

“Okay? What mess are these?” I asked despairingly, wishing I could burn things just by looking at them. Instead of answering me for a second, Victoria stood beside the tower of books and tapped the first one then released a smile.

 

“These are not ‘mess’ you are talking about. These are like your tools or equipment in gaining knowledge, Young Lady.”

 

I could only scoff at the way she said it. My chin resting in my palms, no interests at all. She began to distribute the books, letting it face my direction and explained why I need to study those. I yawned longer than I thought.

 

“Since we started about the business economy, we could proceed to the next subject. Then I’ll give you assignments. You have to learn them, understand?” Victoria beamed. As if a bunch of students cheered at the way she’s announcing.

 

“I don’t know why you are wasting your time in teaching a person like me. I could’ve just gone to school and learn there. Not some boring one-on-one tutorial.”

 

“It’s more complicated if we consider that idea. That draws too much information. Knowing Mr. Liu’s daughter is attending one of the finest schools in Korea. You wouldn’t want that, would you?” Victoria said while fondling the tip of her stick.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter