Chapter XXII: Destiny’s Call

Attached To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

In my growing years of living, I knew that night was always a time for honesty. Night mostly resembled calmness, purity and honesty. It wasn’t a wonder why people get to open up during wee hours of night or midnight. It held something special. Something like the soul speaking, hidden when sun was ruling the earth. Something like sentiments dancing out from people.

 

Something like what happened last night. Yes, something like that.

 

“You look different today.”

 

Victoria’s words pulsated through my arteries, into the neurons of the emotion responsible for embarrassment. Apparently, this so called emotion crept out of its hideout and decided to settle on my face. Pending files and data couldn’t cover the fact that I was actually attempting to lower the aura I possessed. But, Victoria, add her to the list of people displaying these looks of amusement, she would notice.

 

“What different? Of course I’m different everyday. I change outfits.” Shrugging my shoulders to emphasize my point, I continue to dip my face into the folders at my desk. We were in my office, having this ridiculous conversation going on. It was just a few hours ago when work started.

 

“No, not that different. Like really different. Shining, shimmering and splendid kind of different. Right, right, that feeling of Aladdin with Jasmine on the flying carpet soaring high above the city of Agraba.”

 

My sign pen rolled out of my fingers and I gave her the best astonishing look I could muster, “Seriously? Aladdin and flying ca—Ok, you know what, I will subtract your monthly income in the next few minutes if you don’t wipe that smug look out of your witty face.”

 

A lame threat that resulted to Victoria laughing under her intensified smugness, I shook my head and sunk into my chair. I won’t hear the end of this, really. This woman will seize every opportunity given just to tease me. I cocked an eyebrow at her, “You are definitely enjoying this, aren’t you?”

 

“Well,” She pointed a finger before walking towards my desk and jabbed me in my collarbone, “I just want to see for myself. How EXO-M made you this light heartened soul you are now. Or should I say Kris?”

 

“Oh come on, Woman. Stop that.” I stood up and allowed myself to be yanked by Victoria’s slender arms and wrapped it around me. Why was she happier than I am? But honestly speaking, without Victoria, I wouldn’t even get to properly lead this company. Without her constant support and willpower to drag me to where my future is, I wouldn’t even strive facing responsibilities head on.

 

So, in summary, my relationship to Victoria was more than a tutor and a secretary. She’s my first female close friend, advisor, my right hand and a cool spy on top of that. I treasured our bonds like that of a real blooded sister. No doubt, she’s special to me.

 

“I’m right. Something did happen between you and Kris?” She gave me a knowing smile and I instantly wriggled myself out of her arms.

 

“What? What are you saying? Nothing happened.”

 

A mischief smirk.

 

“Really. Don’t give me that look.”

 

A mocking eyebrows.

 

“Out. Get to business, Woman. And kindly rearranged my schedule.”

 

 

 

 

 

After lunch, I walked in the 47th floor with incessant whispers, curious glances, halted paper works and gawking suited employees distributed in the entire building. It seemed like there was bigger news compared to any hot topics that had spread from my months of struggling to balance the company on both hands.

 

And that news was simply because of another set of handsome men striding along the Lady Liu, guarding and protecting her from possible trouble or attempted assassination or whatever wild imagination these mouths could spit. I could get used to it. Just like I did with EXO-K, right?

 

Wrong.

 

It was much disturbing and louder than my experience with EXO-K. But I have to bear with it. I don’t have enough speculation but I guess it has something to do with being Chinese. Chinese employees attracted mostly to their own nationality. Besides, EXO-M did emit some kind of a vibe close to masculinity.

 

I mean compared to EXO-K, those Korean fellas can softened their features, smile if necessary but I got a bunch of poker faces down-to-earth-alertness bodyguards trailing behind me. Kris was sterner about this mission contrasting to before, taking this seriousness into next level. I understand him since he doesn’t want the same mistake to happen again.

 

“Okay, Gentlemen. How about smoothening those long faces and chill?” We stopped in front of the conference door. I turned slightly to look at them. Luhan actually touched his cheek and a question hanging above his feature. On his left, Xiumin blankly stared and Tao glancing around us. On the right were Lay, Chen and Kris.

 

Because of last night, my eyes made a temporary reminder not to land on Kris. Since morning, I’ve been acting like a silly highschool girl, trying to act nonchalantly around her ideal man. But Kris didn’t seem bothered. He was more energetic and completely immersed on how to carry on to his job. Applause to him, really. Like he was recharged by some magnetic energy unlike me, it just drained out of my firmness because I can’t really glance at him without feeling giddy.

 

“What do you mean, Young Mistress?” Chen asked while blinking with a motion of hand. I nodded at them and smiled. These guys should scare the workaholics but they don’t. If anything, they just attracted them. The total opposite.

 

“We are in my building, you get that, yes? But chill a bit. My workers sure do appreciate your emitting manliness.”

 

“I’m sorry but I don’t get it.” Tao honestly confessed and I lifted my index fingers pulling the edges of my lips into a grin.

 

“Smile or be friendly. At least act like you guys are approachable?”

 

I don’t know what I was trying to convey. They are Agents for pit’s sake, their childhood full of lifetime in training ground but it was worth a try and I chuckled when they looked at each o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter