Chapter XV

Attached To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The scurrying noises of marching feet resonated into the narrow hallway, voices turned whispers and slight punches thrown on each person walking with their members. Yet he didn’t care of the typical actions he always came contact with in each living day he would pass in this certain area. He, who carried a laptop under his arm, jogged his way out of the figures meeting the opposite direction. Once he reached a clear spot, he huffed and settled himself on the corner of the gray hallway where almost everybody didn’t give any specific attention of. The corner wasn’t even interesting so why concern themselves.

 

The lean man sat, opened his laptop in a hasten manner and typed codes he’d obviously acclimatized to. There he saw how his screen displayed the person he shares information and even himself didn’t know why he let his mouth spill hypothesis to the other person on the other side of the earth. Was he doing the right thing? Or was he betraying anything according to the law of groups? The last thing he remembered was that, only them members declared misunderstanding to the other group or vice versa or simply both.

 

“Do you or do you not know what time is it? It’s still freaking early here in Korea and got myself out of the room just to open this device of mine and chat with you? Better be worth it or else—”

 

“Leader’s back and the others. I told them about this and they became distant to me. I don’t know maybe they get suspicious of what am I doing? So I’m still confused like hell why am I communicating with you from the first place?” The lean man interrupted the groggily person that flashed on his screen. His words were slowly forming coherent response to the other person but they both can’t deny the heavy silence that hanged around them. There’s not much time though.

 

“You’re telling me they didn’t trust our speculations or you alone?”

 

“Damn, Luhan. I’m being serious here. If my image is ruin after , I’m blaming this to you!”

 

A pause then came a reply, “Just…tell them we’re wrong and forget about it. It’s no use messing up your bonds with them which I have no intention at all, mark that. I’ll figure this one out myself. And you…forget it too.”

 

“You expect me not to be intrigue after finding out why that bullet thingy and the Agent’s World are concern to this matter? What am I? A kid with no sense of curiosity?” Serious tone evident in his voice this time.

 

“You’re still a kid, Agent 6 of EXO-K. Like it or not yes you are. But…alright. Since you insist on still keeping a secret mission on this matter then fine. Do whatever you want. Just don’t blame me if ever you were going to be left behind by your members. I’m already out of that.” Luhan irritably ruffled his hair while saying this in a bored tone. He doesn’t know too why he was having an early talk to this guy. Maybe the concern topic was that important.

 

Before the lean man, Agent 6 of EXO-K, can think of anything to retort, he heard footsteps approaching his direction. As quickly and soundless as he could, he closed his slim laptop and stood abruptly. He didn’t care if Luhan will call him disrespectful, insolent or no manners kid, whatsoever. Luhan is anything but his less concern now that his Leader gave him a questionable look and crossing arms.

 

“What were you doing in this corner, Oh Sehun?”

 

Sehun frowned and remembered why he has to do this. Not for the sake of EXO-M but for the sake of all the Agents and future Agents if his conclusion was close to reality that might happen or about to happen. He opened his mouth, “As much as I respect you, Leader Suho hyung, you can’t keep me from investigating secretly. This time, it’s not from Luhan. It’s my decision alone. I worry for all the people around not to myself. I hope you’ll understand me.”

 

It was their leader’s turned to frown and shook his head. Clicking his tongue, Suho sighed and patted Sehun’s shoulder instead, “And as much as I want to stop you, I know I can’t. Not because I really can’t but because I worry most for you since you’re the youngest of our group. Promise me you won’t get caught aside from me or your other hyungs?”

 

This gave Sehun a reason to relax and smile, “Promise.”

 

 

 

 

☯ ☯ ☯

Comfortable was the first soothed word that described the feeling I’m into now. Slowly and casually, the end of my lips tugged upwards as I snuggled closer to my pillow but the sunlight kind of spoiling the feeling, showering my closed eyelids with brightness that doesn’t really match the atmosphere. My brows puckered reflexively when my mind whirled sober. Still, I didn’t feel like getting up but who in their right mind opened the curtains and let the intensity of the sunrays shine like mega-flashlight shone in stage or worst than that?

 

I have to shake my head in case the brightness might lessen, yet it was futile. It didn’t change anything. I almost shrug and about to continue my sleep when the sober totally takes place. Did I forget closing the curtains before sleeping? Come to think of it, yes maybe I did since I was busy taming some giant—

 

A groan was heard. Not so far and loud enough for me to feel some vibration. I stiffened when I felt some moving…neck? Wait what? My pillow has a neck? Here I am thinking I’m fully awake and sober but why does it feel like…this wasn’t my pillow. I cracked my eyes open and the first thing that came in sight was an ear. EAR?! Next thing came was a jaw line. A distinct jaw line I must say and then…am I lying in the crook of somebody’s neck?

 

Flashback from last night played after another in my widened eyes and my whole frame froze. There was a sharp intake of breath released by my ‘pillow’. Drumming beats echoing in my ears were louder than any sound I could hear and the next thing I know, his cheek touched my nose when he turned to look at me. This wasn’t anybody’s wish or dream at all.

 

“AHHH!” I screamed and pushed his once relaxing body far from me with my great one kick and Kris was out of the bed in a second. He landed on the floor with a loud thud while I grabbed anything to cover myself. Wait, I ain’t . What the hell am I hiding? I scanned every part of me using my hands and found nothing weird or nothing taken away. Goodness.

 

“What the—Did you just kick me?” Kris grunted after holding the right side of his head and lazily gathered himself to sit at least on the floor. The messy blonde locks looked good on him and his early morning face didn’t even lessen any intimidating aura he’d got. Nice, how did he even have to look like that? Was he human for real? I blinked away the thoughts.

 

The silence weighted dumbbell in the four corners of this room. Me, Kris’ room, one bed, kick him out, woke up together. What was I thinking last night? A heroine in act? Nuthead I am. When Kris finished rubbing his eyes, they landed on my figure and I have to shift. On impulse, I let my fingers run into my web of hair strands, untangled a few and pulled my loose shirt down irrationally. I don’t know why but it’s still too soon to experience this intense feeling like really Kris. What’s up with the stare?

 

“Morning.” Kris was the first one to talk after the suffocating time of our lives with his surprisingly y morning voice. Ok nope, just deep voice. I glanced anywhere and tried finding more interesting to look on but then realized that I’m still sitting pretty on his bed. What am I waiting for? Heat flushed on my face.

 

A brief nod of response before I found myself shuffling out of the mattress, reached the door knob and ran barefooted to my room. Holding my breath while doing all of those at the same time wasn’t pretty at all. And I have to deal with the panting, knees wobbling and fuzzy eyes afterwards, a fine morning to have like I live in a castle during Qing Dynasty.

 

Once I’m standing two feet in my very own room—thinking I didn’t embarrass myself for the last seconds—my head felt clearer. I closed my eyes and breathed. Inhale and exhale. My right palm on my chest, trying to calm the insane beatings. Waking up that close with the giant was uncalled for. Really, it was out of the line and why didn’t I think of the aftermath before acting stupid? Wished I was drunk yesterday so I could have a reason.

 

Now that adrenaline was quite wearing off of my system, I blinked and was greeted by emptiness. No extra luggage, no guitar case, no lump sleeping or worst, no Henry at all. My heart beats fast again. Part of me says that maybe Henry was downstairs or just cleaning his stuff but the other dominant says otherwise which I don’t think was a good assumption on my condition. I tried getting back on my senses but failed.

 

I ran to the bathroom and saw no one, opened my cabinets and saw clean sheets of arranged pillows and blankets, about to run outside my room but the corner of my eye caught another piece of white lying on my bed. The beatings didn’t decrease any lower, I didn’t mind it for the mean time. I sat on the edge of the bed and unfolded the paper.

 

Llama,

You may hate me now but I’m doing this for our own good. I’ll comeback for you with much better Henry Lau that you could’ve imagined. A Henry Lau that could give the important things you desire. A better version is worth the wait. That I can guarantee. Reasons will stay within my reach so hating me for awhile is acceptable to my part.

Amber Josephine Liu, I know it’s selfish to ask but please…wait for me, again. The situation today is serious and I don’t want to be stuck on what I am now. I want to be someone you can be proud of. So call me inconsiderate, bastard or heartless. I can swallow that up but I’m still willing to take you back. Until next time, we will definitely meet again.

About the figurines there, they knew it before sunrise and well…you’re asleep so I didn’t bother. Think I can trust you with them? Hope so. Take good care. Seriously Llama, don’t make a fool out of yourself.

PS: Not to close with Kris. I’m not liking it. Please? :p

 

                                                                                      Sincerely yours,

                                                                                      Your Mochi

 

The grip on both ends made the paper crumpled for the whole time I’m reading it. How could my bestfriend do that? Henry left me, again without any personal confrontation. At least he left a notice? No way, I’m still mad about it. How could he? I thought we will be all through this together and now he was gone again by himself. I don’t know why but the insides of me felt like shrinking and it didn’t feel any good for my lung’s sake.

 

Someone knocked on the door, I fisted the paper and it became ball into my hands. My mind blank and my chest hurt. Henry Lau, what the hell was this all about? Was it about me unintentionally sleeping with the giant last night? Alright, that sounded weird and hair-rising. I should rephrase that. Was it about me and my stupidity acts at most time or was there happening behind that I’m unaware of?

 

The door opened, and Xiumin stepped halfway in, the door dividing his body in half. “Young Mistress? Breakfast is ready. After you take a bath, come down and—”

 

“Did the stupid brat kid really leave me?” I asked disrespectfully and Xiumin was taken aback by it. I didn’t mean to be rude but I can’t help the dark smoke filtering inside of me. I needed a release, sort of, maybe.

 

“You mean Henry Lau?”

 

“Who else left this house? Of course that selfish human being. He always runs away from I don’t know what’s chasing him or runs away from me? Or…Aish! What’s his problem?!” I burst out. I can’t contain it anymore. It hurts being left out of the blue and all you have to do was to think of any possible conclusions that was suitable reason for Henry leaving this way. It was only what, 1 day and a half? Thanks Henry, Thanks a lot!

 

“I’m sorry to inform you but yes, Henry did take his leave 4 hours ago. He said he is going back to China for personal matters. Although he wants to talk to you personally, aircraft won’t wait for him he said.” Xiumin tried for what I can see, he tried by choosing his words carefully and I won’t blame him. It was not his fault and I shouldn’t blame Henry too, right? But I can’t just…well then forget about it. I need time to mourn for this abandon feeling.

 

“I’ll take my shower. Thanks by the way.”

 

Xiumin showed his toothy smile and nodded before leaving at once. I let myself fell onto the mattress and the threatening scream was about to escape my throat but refused in the last minute. This happening was so crazy I have to throw the ball of paper away in a random direction for all I care. I don’t need a better Henry Lau. What’s his point? The fact that Henry left was still a hot topic in my head.

 

I’m all alone again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~Kris’s POV~

I stared at them unbelievably. Luhan scratched his neck, Xiumin poking his own cheeks alternately, Tao flexing his wrists and occasionally punching Chen’s shoulder while the latter was busy dodging the attack and Lay…well, let’s just say he was occupied by counting the dancing atoms in the air. I blinked hard but immediately let my orbs dutifully trained to the two ladies having lessons on the living room.

 

We were standing near the staircase, a place for meetings nowadays while keeping an eye to our client at the exact time. I still refused to believe the information that sunk into my nerves. That hamster surely just let Amber upset for the past hours this day. How grateful that man can be. Amber was not even half-listening to what Victoria was discussing and I can’t help but frown. Did Henry think what will Amber feel after his departure? Was he even aware of it?

 

“Why didn’t you, Agents, wait for my approval before letting Henry go? Who decided for letting the guy take his leave just like he pleased?” I dared to ask.

 

Everyone glanced at Luhan and the new icon of interest gladly smiled back. The guts of this guy…”The answer doesn’t show itself with that idiotic smile of yours so better use your mouth.” I pointed out honestly which made Luhan dropped his smile as fast as it appears. Good.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter