Chapter IV

Attached To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A sudden sunlight shone and it successful hit my closed eyelids. I frowned a little. Slowly opening my eyes, a white ceiling greeted me. I lifted my right arm and lazily released it to my eyes but it landed on my forehead instead.

 

Cold and a little drenched fabric was what I felt once my arm rested on it. Why do I have such thing in my forehead anyway? Still drowsy, I sat upright and groan at the sudden pain that jolted in my head which causes for it to throb slightly. The cloth dropped.

 

I held my head quickly while rubbing my eyes, forcing myself to adjust at the daylight that flashed almost entirely in my room. Not to mention, the window wasn’t that big but if I had it estimated then I at least I can fit in.

 

“You’re awake now.”

 

Sluggishly, I nodded and stretched my arms. I’m still heavy from sleep and I think, I’m not yet aware of what is currently happening, though I replied back.

 

“Yeah, but my head kinda hurts and—”

 

Enlarging my supposedly tired eyes, I yelped in surprise and jumped out of the bed and went to the opposite side. Just to be away from that giant man who’s presently sitting in a chair with that all-too-familiarly-emotionless-frigid face.

 

“W-what are you doing here?! Y-you suppose to be in another room!” I pointed out nervously. Well, don’t blame me. Who wouldn’t be surprised if you find some man staring at you in your sleep or maybe, he could even cast a curse on you. I’m afraid to those kinds of things.

 

I know it’s out of ordinary but I can’t help imagining weird things and unfortunate possibilities while you are in your sweetest dream and unconsciously unaware of stuff.

 

“Is your head still throbbing?” Kris frigidly asked without bothering to answer mine previously.

 

Still staring at him, my thoughts unexpectedly traveled from yesterday’s night. I tried to remember every single thing but failed to. I can only picture out some pieces but not the whole. What had happen really?

 

“If yes then take this tablets. It can lessen the pain.” Kris showed me the bottle of the tablets before placing it to the bedside table. Confused at his actions, I lethargically stood up because the tiled floor is insanely cold and ruffled my already messy hair.

 

“What are you playing this time? A doctor? Wow, chincha(really). So many roles. I wouldn’t be surprise in the future if you’ll be assisting me in the police station but if that time comes, at least remind me so I can let you take the role of the driver first.” I scoffed at him.

 

Kris gently stood and looked at the window behind me before speaking, “Don’t forget to close the curtains when night approaches.”

 

“And a nagging mother now? Ugh give me a break.” I sighed irritated. He didn’t dare to reply back unlike yesterday. What a change of character. He’s being weird and I hated it when I can’t read what’s he’s thinking. I wanna contradict it out of instinct.

 

Seeing that he wouldn’t talk, I swiftly made my way to the closet and grabbed my towel. I think I have the feeling of hangover and I want to wash that away from me. I can’t clearly think and if I know any better, I didn’t even drink alcohol last night.

 

On my way to the bathroom, I abruptly came to a halt. Kris is in my left side and I can sense the stare he gave me. Contemplating whether to ask him of not, I swallowed first before hanging the towel on my right shoulder and faced him.

 

“What hap—”

 

“You drank vodka unknowingly.”

 

That shut me up. I think he’s psycho now. How come he answered that fast and frankly to be exact? Wait what? Vodka? No way, I can’t remember gulping some last night. And I have high tolerance in alcohol, I mean at least I won’t get that drunk.

 

“W-what? How? W-when? W-why? I don’t—” I tried to ask but I stuttered regrettably.

 

“It seems that you’ve picked the wrong one in the refrigerator and it’s not your fault. I apologize on behalf of Xiumin who bought that.” Kris semi bowed and I got confused more. I remembered it a box of juice. What kind of juice is it? That, I don’t remember.

 

“But—”

 

“Ah, the fax had arrived. I’ll hand it to you after you take your bath.” He rose but didn’t look at me this time. This is strange. I can’t get that drunk but the moment Kris reminded me about the fax, my focus went out like a flick of flame.

 

“Really? Why didn’t you bring it with you from the first place?” I asked him suspiciously. He seemed to be startled from the way he brought up his hands to fix his already fixed tie and look slowly everywhere like he’s hiding something.

 

“Hmm, seems like somebody’s lying huh?” I teased and poked his shoulder automatically. Finding it interesting, I continued to poke him and he frowned in response. I subconsciously know what I’m doing and the childishness in me started to pollute my mind. I teasingly grin.

 

“I didn’t have the time since I stayed here all day.” He blurted out while he caught my finger in the midst of poking him and limited the spaces between us. My grin suddenly subsided.

 

Staring at each other’s eyes, I simply muttered an “Oh.” and his eyes immediately turned calm with his frown fading away. “It’s my job.” He added, gently putting my finger down.

 

I came to my senses and awkwardly laughed before turning away “You can leave this room now, I don’t want some giant turning gay while I change.” I scornfully spat yet I don’t know why I slightly blushed at my sudden words. Maybe I should’ve chosen to shut up.

 

Gay? It’s not like I’m a man right? But that’s what I’ve told him and I’ll stick to it until whenever. I entered the bathroom already and quickly locked the door. I heard him say “I’ll be outside.” before silence occupied the whole room. I sighed in relief. I hate myself for joking like that.

 

But to consider it, I’ve got new name for him. Yes, it’s giant. That giant frigid face. Maybe he has some multi-personality disorder or just a great actor. Either way, he’s still a giant. I shouldn’t waste my time thinking about him.

 

With that, I started my bath.

 

 

 

 

~Kris’s POV~

I deliberately strolled down into the living room where everybody’s presences were there as I expected them to be. Lay is sitting in the right side of the couch, Luhan in the left playing his all-time favorite Rubix cube while Xiumin is in the middle. Tao and Chen backs leaning at the wall.

 

Standing in front of them, I placed my hands at my back and examined them intensely. As if on cue, Chen pulled away from the wall and stood, Luhan set aside his Rubix cube, Tao stayed in his position but inserted both hands inside his pockets, Xiumin lowered his face and Lay only showed his toothless smile indicating his dimples too.

 

“What did you find so amusing that you can even smile at this situation, Zhang Yixing?” I sternly asked Lay which in return, he just chuckled. I rolled my eyes and averted my stare to Xiumin.

 

“Good Morning to you careless Bao Zi.” I greeted him unsympathetically. Xiumin fidgeted and even ducked his head lower. On the other hand, Luhan just gave him an apologetic look.

 

Sensing that no one will start the explanation, Tao began to spoke “I heard footsteps and from the way it sounds, I know that it doesn’t belong to one of us so I assumed that it was Young Mistress’s. Saw her shadow and followed her quietly since it was midnight already and I didn’t take further action when I only saw her taking a box of the said juice and drank it.”

 

“Why didn’t you inform me?” Chen quietly asked with a disappointing look visible in his face.

 

Tao briefly glance at him before muttering “You were slowly dozing off.” Chen frowned and whispered back

 

“Did not!”

 

“Yes gege, you did.”

 

“I said I didn’t!”

 

Sighing deeply, I encourage myself to prolong the patience inside me and said “And then?” glaring at the two. Tao eventually proceeded “One glass, the effect swiftly conquered Young Mistress and I didn’t think twice, I rushed and caught her before she would hit the floor.”

 

I remembered hearing some slight noise, went out to check and found Tao carrying Amber. Lay followed behind while the others quietly ran to see what was happening. But then, Xiumin wasn’t there.

 

“There wasn’t much food in the kitchen so Xiumin and I suggested to buy instead of Lay. Then in the grocery, Xiumin bought a small bottle of Vodka for himself only and we even had a small argument about that but still ended in him buying it.” Luhan explained afterwards not forgetting to nudge Xiumin slightly.

 

“I’m sorry.” Xiumin apologized, still lowering his head. “I-It’s been awhile since I drink so…I didn’t mean to…I j-just…I-It j-just…” He stammered and I stared at him for who knows how long.

 

“He transferred the drink in some empty box of juice so we couldn’t get suspicious. Xiumin only drank some and didn’t wake for hours. I thought there’s nothing wrong with him so I didn’t tell you guys.” Luhan took the courage to clear and gave explanation.

 

From the moment I saw all the members except Xiumin last night, I already doubted it. People with high tolerance in that kind of drink, more like they could only have a sip on it but…

 

“Lay, what’ve you got?” I asked turning to Lay. His face became confused right now while trying his best to recall something.

 

“If I’m guessing it correctly, like I said last night. It doesn’t only contain Vodka 100%. The smell was strange too. Base on the reaction of the two victims here, they’ve slept more than 10 hours right after they drink it.” Lay gestured still confused. I crossed my arms and nodded.

 

“A mixture of some ingredients of a sleeping pill or more than that can be elected as a candidate.” Lay added. I raised my right hand and briefly touched my chin. I collected all the pieces together. Something’s missing.

 

“Xiumin.” I called out. He lifted his head this time with an alert expression. The members didn’t dare blink, looking at my direction.

 

“Did you happen to put that in the grocery’s cart?” I asked.

 

“No, I didn’t remember putting it in since Luhan would get it out of the cart and I will not be able to have it.” He explained immediately. I nodded again.

 

“But…” Xiumin trailed off. I raised my left eyebrow and waited for him.

 

“But?” Chen asked unsurely. Moments of silence passed before Xiumin briskly jolted up this caused for Lay and Luhan to flinch.

 

“Ah! I bumped into someone who’s wearing a black outfit and I fell. The bottle rolled and when I picked it up, there’s a tiny hole on it but I didn’t mind it.” He recalled with more guilt traced in his face.

 

“Is the bottle plastic?” I asked, getting the hint already.

 

“Yes, that’s why it’s gradually dripping from time to time and a perfect time to transfer it to the box of juice I used. I’m sorry Leader. I didn’t know.”

 

“Oh, that’s why I saw him on the floor. I thought he’s just clumsy.” Luhan added. Xiumin sulked before glaring at Luhan. Luhan flashed him a smile instead.

 

“It’s amazing how they put Vodka in a plastic bottle. That store must be new.” Lay stated and Xiumin agreed to this.

 

“That’s why I tend to buy it. Products here in Korea are unpredictably amazing. I almost forgot that I came here.” Xiumin said. Tao sighed while Chen just nodded.

 

After those statements were out, I looked at them individually before crossing my arms once again. Disappointment plastered in my face and I know that they’re fully aware of it. I showed them even more.

 

“A simple act can cause a bigger problem and an accident. Don’t you know that by this time, they could trace us? What’s even worst? They might be listening to us already. But I won’t make any assumptions yet. I’m just letting you, EXO-M, know that this is a serious business. Treat it as a joke? I’ll treat your way back to Canada and officially kick you out of this group.”

 

No one dared to speak and I’m contented to it. I scanned the room from every corner and found nothing peculiar. I heave a sigh of relief and then let my eyes shift back to them, I said “I demand an extra security level for this mission. Therefore, anyone who’ll sla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter