Chapter III

Attached To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hey! Got something to tell you, I’m grounded right now and I just failed in surprising you a visit. Guess I’m out of luck. Maybe my old man just got laid or I don’t know. By the way, this is my number here in Korea. I’ll be staying here for the meantime with securities around.

I’m glad that old man didn’t confiscate my phone or I’ll be goin’ insane. He even cut the internet off and no dial-tone can be found in this house. I’ll share it some other time.

Reply back if you ever receive this.

 

~Amber

 

 

I pressed the ‘send’ button before letting myself fall into the bed and stared at nothing particular. My baggage was open as well as my things were scattered at the floor. I didn’t dare to continue what I’m doing awhile ago because I still don’t want to accept the fact about my freaking life.

 

If I just made it earlier, I wouldn’t be caught. The room around is simple but I still prefer my own room though with no annoying human beings around the house itself. Yeah, that would be much better.

 

A sudden knock interrupted my thoughts and I just grunt in annoyance. I knew it, he’ll never stop asking again for like hours already.

 

“Is there anything you need, Young Mistress?” a voice behind my door asked for the nth time and I already find that not so companionable to my likes.

 

Then, he knocks again.

 

“That’s it!” I hissed before standing up and trudging straightway to that now-bloody-irritating door. Opening it widely and sending daggers of glare to Kris Wu, he just stared back with that frigid face of his.

 

“Now what?!” I shouted furiously.

 

“Do you need some help?”

 

I raised my eyebrows and about to retort but his question made me think of something interesting to do with. I tilted my head sideways, crossing my arms and smirked. Oh yes, this would be fun.

 

“Actually, yes. I would like you to go over there and unpack all of my things, put it in the closet and arrange the other things too.” I pointed the pile of messy things around my room and anticipated for his reaction to it.

 

“As you wish.” Kris obeyed and deliberately walked in and started picking the things up. I widened my eyes and slightly drop my jaw. What’s with him? That’s absolutely not part of his job right? And I can’t even do that while wearing that same expressionless frigid face.

 

He didn’t even restrain from it. I thought he wouldn’t take it seriously but hey, what do I know? This might be much interesting than expected. Since I’m his boss, ha! Work like that suits his robot-like manner.

 

“Have it all clean like crystal clean and when I return, I want your face out of my room.” I left the said room and happily skipped my steps downstairs. Let’s see if he could swallow all my freakish actions from time to time.

 

I came across the kitchen and smelled delicious food. My stomach gave in and I voluntarily went to find out. Someone’s cooking and his back faced me. I really couldn’t recall their names at the same time. Tiptoeing to the food that’s settled in the table that’s located in the midst, I inhaled the fresh aurora of the blessed food and smiled greedily.

 

Just when I was about to pick the plate that caught my attention, a chuckle stopped me from behind.

 

Oops.

 

“You could’ve just asked, Amber-ssi.”

 

I turn to see who he was and saw him with crossed arms, leaning at the dish-washing counter with an amused smile at his face. Wait, what is his name again?

 

“Base on your case Young Mistress, allow me to introduce again. My name is Lay.”

 

Ah yeah, Lay. Got that. And he just caught me. So basically, bodyguards aren’t fun for me. I awkwardly nodded in response to his statement and that smile didn’t erase in his face. I glanced at the food and back at him.

 

Noticing this, he went at the other side of the table and smiled again. All I want is food. I just need to eat. He arranged the plates first and beckoned me to get what I want.

 

“C-can I?” I asked uncertainly.

 

“Of course, these are all for you. Although, you were fast down here than I expected and oh wait. I’ll just bring it in the dining table.”

 

“No no! It’s okay. I’ll just eat it here. I’m fine with it.”

 

“But Young Mistress should eat at the di—”

 

“Sorry to be rude Lay but…I’m starving.”

 

“. . .”

 

“Can I just dive in?” I pathetically asked because I can’t take it anymore. The smell drives me nuts and I just wanna eat! Why are so bodyguards insensitive at times?

 

“My apology. Yes, you may Young Mis—”

 

“Amber is fine.” I cut him out while delving the heavenly-sent food and took a seat not even looking at him. I can say that he seems taken aback but I just concentrate on finishing every plate he made.

 

“My apology again.” Lay bowed. He stayed at that side and just watched me. It’s even more awkward. I hate people that were gazing at me when I eat because honestly? I can’t even describe the best feeling for it than the word ‘awkward’.

 

“These are delicious and tastes great! You’re a good cook Lay! Haha! You should always do the cooking.” I beamed.

 

“Yes, I’m always the cook.”

 

“Awesome! Now quit standing there and join me.”

 

Lay looked hesitant and confused. I just gestured him to eat too but after a couple of seconds, he refused and spilled me with some do’s and don’ts of his job. If only the food wasn’t great then maybe, I may puke all it out. I can’t digest what’s he is saying.

 

“Alright alright. I don’t need to know those. I just hate it when someone’s staring while I eat. It’s like, I’m out of privacy.” I explained and he stared first before realizing what I meant. Lay bowed again and asked for an apology. I just chuckled at the innumerable apologies he just said this day.

 

“Then I shall turn my back and if you’re finish, just notify me Young Mi— uh, Amber-ssi.”

 

“Just Amber. I don’t want to be under one roof with a stranger so stop calling me with that ‘ssi’, Ok? And by the way, I’m done so call all your members and start eating.”

 

“Thank you for your concern but we’ve finished already.”

 

“Really? When?”

 

“Few hours ago.”

 

“Well then. Thanks for the food Lay. Hmm…what should I do next?”

 

“Anything for Young—err Amber.”

 

“Yeah cool. Ciao buddy.”

 

I ran errands around the apartment because I don’t know what else to be done here. But hey, I think it’s not a bad idea to have some buddy in this suffocating box. Yeah, Lay is the good one so far. Maybe I should really befriend them and in the hopeless future, they could help me out of here.

 

Smiling evilly, I punched the air like I won something special. Wait a minute, did I forget something like…Ah! Upstairs! My room. Almost forgot it. Running upstairs and purposely barging my own room, I widened my eyes in amazement. The room seems surreal, in a good way.

 

“Nice and crystal clean. I didn’t know he will take it literary.” I gazed around and slowly a genuine smile crawled up in my face but turned wicked when another idea popped out of my genius head.

 

“My plan’s kinda working aren’t they?” I whispered to myself. I scanned the whole room and it got to be the cleanest room I’ve ever seen since the day that light entered my eyes. And to my satisfaction, he’s really nowhere to be fou—

 

A door to my bathroom located inside the room opened and Kris let himself out before closing it gently. He turned around and saw me with the stupid expression in my face. Yes, stupid. Why is that? Because my mouth is slowly parted, I can’t get over through the breath-taking makeover of my room with my happy eyes.

 

Kris cleared his throat which made me snapped back to reality. Why am I so amazed anyway? It’s his working thanks to my request. I folded my arms, acting superior—which should be in the first place—and held my head up high.

 

“So, this is all you can do? What am I? a clean freak?” I hated the way my voice quivered at the last words I asked and I need to fake a cough to cover it.

 

“I just cleaned your room. Just like the way you said.”

 

“Ordered.” I instantly corrected him and that made him furrowed his eyebrows. Whoa, he can at least change the way his eyebrow does but never his eyes with that unexplainable frigid face.

 

Silence passed in the air between us and I couldn’t stand it anymore. What am I waiting anyway? His response? More like a reason. Scoffing loudly, I built my inner courage to say this out in front of him like a boss.

 

“And kindly explain to me, Mr. Kris Wu, why on earth are you still standing here in my room? I just told I mean, ordered you to take that face of yours out of my room once I come back right?” I seriously tried my luck not to be nervous and actually meant it.

 

Kris did was to stare at me like he didn’t understand the words that came out of my mouth. It makes me annoyed for some reason. How could he be so frostily frigid and expressionless all the time? This is wrong, I shouldn’t be the one who’s angry right now, should I?

 

“No explanation to that now Mr. goody-shoes bodyguard? Well, exit is behind my back and it’s my pleasure for you to have it your own way.” I faked a smile and bowed childishly to him, not before making wide space and gesture to the door.

 

“I checked the ventilation inside your bathroom and it seems fine. You shouldn’t always open neither the curtains nor the windows and when you sleep, use the lamp. If you want to have some fresh air, you could go to the balcony either with me or with the other A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter