Chapter VIII

Attached To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Impressive. I was quite expecting a blank notepad you know.” Victoria neatly distributed the books again before returning my notepad with a perfect score. She was wearing that contented smile of her. Clearly having the thought of how good she was in teaching.

 

Normally, I would sarcastically retort something to annoy her. I would tell how she wasn’t help at all because I just happened to be bored that time while waiting for my rescuer, who never got the chance to present his support.

 

I would really tell something that might ruin that smile or even throw the notepad away to make it look like I’m born with high class intelligence. But neither of these I did. Simple reason, I am spacing out.

 

“Good Buddha, what happen to this young lady in front of me? Don’t take her soul yet. She has a lot of responsibilities to take over.” Victoria clasped both her palms while staring at me mockingly.

 

We were in my room—yet then again—discussing about the assignments. Well, probably it was just Victoria who did all the discussion with a statue student. I barely noticed how she complimented me. It’s not like I’ll die if I wouldn’t hear it.

 

“What’s the matter, Amber?” She sounded worried this time, poking me just to see if I am still breathing. I didn’t look at her. I just set my eyes on the table, letting her blabber things for almost an hour but she just noticed my peculiar silence only this minute. How touching.

 

The left energy I’ve got perished last night. I could’ve used it to plan a new strategy instead. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to. Thanks to that son-of-a-giant creature. I’d lost hope. I even didn’t take a bath and I know that I stink within this instant.

 

Who cares? I’m in prison and was even forced to study things that are out of my interests. Who in the world will still enjoy this confinement? I am certainly not going to act like I do.

 

Therefore I chose to stay quiet, bored, mute, impassive and well, just waiting for some miracle to happen. Let them do whatever they want. They won’t get any response from me. I hate this life.

 

“A fine young lady like you should always take a bath. Now, come on. Wash yourself.” Victoria insisted while forcing herself to help me stand up with my own feet but I didn’t comply. I let her suffer by purposely adding some extra weight.

 

“Stand up. Aren’t you ashamed of the way you smell right now?” She added. That made me glare at her.

 

“Why? Got a problem with that?” I leaned in for her to feel more disgusted but instead of pulling herself away from my stinking breath, she just flashed me that famous smile and replied, “No, I am just worried in your future case.”

 

I rolled my eyes then backed away, “Can you leave me alone? I’m obviously not in the mood and get your hands off me.”

 

“Suit yourself then. But remind you, Miss Amber, that I won’t tolerate a student like you again if you wouldn’t take a bath tomorrow. That problem you got there inside you will be worst if you won’t let it out.”

 

Victoria was hinting something like she knew what am I suppose to do. Trying to just put in a simple words but gladly, I didn’t fail to notice that. I raised an eyebrow at her and said, “I don’t need you as an instructor either. My problem is none of your business.”

 

“If it concerns about that tall gentlemen named Kris,” She tapped her chin while her eyes innocently looked at the ceiling, “Then maybe I can help. Just share the things you guys have been doing.” Victoria grinned childishly.

 

To be honest, I wasn’t supposed to be surprise because it’s Victoria who said that but I got surprised anyway. How in that skinny dress did she tell that my problem concerned Kris? Is she a foreteller or something? Or just an ill-minded spy?

 

“W-What? How can you accuse something that was so far from being it? What a sick advice.” I shook my head in order to add some convincingly act. I hope she was convinced by it though.

 

“Hmm? Not him? then who? Who got your attention among the bodyguards? Tell me. I can keep a secret. You know, a conversation just between you and me.” Victoria winked, I scrunched my face. Does she have to act like she’s trusted? We’re not even that close. Who is she brainwashing?

 

“Look, crazy engaged woman, I like nobody in this house and that includes you.”

 

She pouted, as if she was affected by my words. I’m still thinking whether I am really through with this but I can’t give up easily. No, I will never admit defeat when I didn’t even give my best yet. Maybe the first plan might work.

 

I should pretend like I gave up already. So Kris would let his guard down and yeah, who knows, it may take some great effort to calm down and stay inattentive for awhile. For them to think that I wasn’t there focus anymore.

 

Nodding at myself, I stood up and walked to exit my room. Victoria glanced at me directly before actually looking at me, slightly disrespected by my action. She stood upright; both hands placing in her hips.

 

“Where do you think you are going? We’re not even half-way to the end, Young Lady.”

 

“Can’t I take a break? I need some fresh air not some freshly book pages I’m inhaling in.”

 

“Alright, I will give you just 2 min—”

 

I slammed the door behind, not daring to hear those known lines of a wanna-be-strict instructor. Only 2 minutes? What am I? A magician? Aish forget her. It’s not like I’ll be going somewhere.

 

As I released the handle, the door of that giant’s room greeted me and I have to roll my eyes in displeasure. Whenever I think of living with him under this one roof, I felt like escaping from my own body for him not to see and catch me.

 

Why is he so meddlesome? I bet even if my great grandparents were still alive, they will know their limitations and will never bother me. Doesn’t he learn that? Or simply just call it common sense? Tch.

 

I looked between the stairs; one to go down while the other was the way to the rooftop. I chose to have some fresh air and upstairs seem more welcoming. I can’t even say that I’m prohibited to go up, right? Even so, I will still do whatever I want in the first place.

 

The staircase upstairs is narrower than the other and painted maroon. I think, one person can only fit in. Some silly thought passed by and pictured what if that giant was nothing but an obese elephant? Poor stairs, it won’t last less than a second.

 

Warm breeze delightfully flew my bangs away from my forehead once I’ve opened the metal-like door. Luckily, it wasn’t locked. The daylight seems brighter compared the way it shines across my room. I inhaled deeply before exhaling.

 

It felt like I’ve been confined inside this house for way too long that I forget how the real outside world smells like. I spread my arms, about to imagine how wings pop out of my back and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter