Chapter XI

Attached To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


This all happened in the past but I won't be using the italic one since it hurt the hell out of our eyes for sure but yeah you got the point in there. Don't expect too much.

WARNING: Not Proofread or Unbeta-ed. I’ll just revise it when I get the guts to reread it all again. XD

You had been warned.

 

 

 

 

“Today is the most anticipated event in which trainees from the 11th to 13th group or EXO-K to EXO-M are officially gathered here in the 2nd biggest stadium of our building for the final test. Unfortunately Mr. Cho Kyuhyun has to excuse his team, EXO-L, from this morning due to some private matters that doesn’t need to be said in public. So I call that a forfeit for the time being and a second decision has been made.” BoA proclaimed precisely using the upright microphone which was supported by the mic-stand itself. Her voice reverberated—expectedly screech coming from the mic—as she took few steps to get a gray that blended with a mix of maroon A4 size paper from the other personnel Agents behind, sitting on their lined-up respected seats. They all looked respectable and powerful, although old, but strictness imprinted in their serious faces.

 

I can’t help admiring and wishing that one day, I will be one of those highly respected seniors and will be seated on those elderly seats as a resemblance of achieving high standards of being an Agent. That one day will eventually come. I will work hard for it. We, EXO-M, occupied the right side of the stadium along with our proctor or guardian—as to what they’ve said—Mr. Park Leeteuk and were standing relatively firm on the ground.

 

The other side, EXO-K, located in the left with Mr. Lee Eunhyuk as their guardian. I’ve heard a lot of rumors of him. He was strict to his team and an Ace during his trainee period. Everybody’s almost anticipating on how great he taught his boys a lesson. Yet sometimes, he can be a jerk but EXO-K found him just perfect for taking care of them. They’re surprisingly behaving well, just like my team.

 

“Two teams remain and because of this, The Elders decided to put a match between EXO-K and EXO-M for their final Mental Stability Test. Nobody has the right to object. Years of training and now some of you are nearly 20, this final stage has to happen. I’ll be announcing the rules in a few minutes but first,” BoA turned her face to our side before calling, “Mr. Park Leeteuk,”

 

“Yes, right here Ma’am.” Leeteuk abruptly replied beside me. I really resisted the urge to glance at him.

 

“Decide which one goes first after another and list them down then pass the paper afterwards.”

 

“Clear, Ma’am.”

 

“Mr. Lee Eunhyuk,” She called out the other group.

 

“Yes, Ma’am.”

 

“Same goes with your team.”

 

Eunhyuk just raised his right hand and made a salute sign with a gummy grin to BoA which got a stern look in return. We’ve formed a perfect circle while looks of anticipation can be sense from us as Leeteuk was busy studying the strategy he would like to apply. He puckered his eyebrows in concentration not before lifting his glance to us one by one and we already feel the tension in the air hanging above that supposedly be a halo but not.

 

“Pardon me for this but I think my pattern will suit you all the best for now. Jongdae, I want you to be the first.” Leeteuk pointed to Jongdae which earned wide eyes from our troll member but before he could protest, Leeteuk continued. “I don’t want to hear buts! This is all I can think of so could you please listen? Now, second one will be Minseok followed by Tao and Luhan. After that it will be Wu Fan. And I will leave the last to Yixing.” He finished his words with a sigh.

 

“Why Yixing’s the last?” Luhan’s question made us all stared at him.

 

“Because, I want him there. Unless you got pretty plans in your mind.” Leeteuk was obviously stressed out and I don’t blame him. I will assign Yixing the last spot too if I were him. Of course, what harm can Yixing do to defend himself from the opponent? If he’ll lose,—not that I’m underestimating him but whatever—it will be best if he’s the last person to fight.

 

Yixing didn’t look offended though but somehow I saw a fleeting disappointment in his look. Not the kind of disappointment because he was assigned the last spot but the kind of disappointment wherein he doesn’t trust his own power, on how to attack the enemy that is.

 

“Alright, it’s already settled! I will give this to BoA-ssi.” Leeteuk made his way to the stage but was rudely passed by Eunhyuk. They both glared at each other and BoA was just in time to clear for both gentlemen to retreat to their respected place.

 

Behind her, I saw how The Elders moved out and some gray with black clothed crew carried the chairs out of the stage and replaced them with two refurbished dental-like chairs, facing each other in a considerably far distance, tables with the keyboards and wires on it. BoA scanned the lists she has in her hands, glancing at us with an approval nod before tapping the mic.

 

“Okay, this is it. But for your information, The Elders will be watching upstairs at the back of this room. Take a moment to look behind you gentlemen. It will be judge reasonably and fairly as possible.” She clarified and gestured at the same time.

 

Heads momentarily turned to take a note of how The Elders where seated upstairs in the terrace-like platform. They nodded to show the acknowledgement they received from BoA’s speech. There’s no doubt that they will be judging us all and we will have to wait for the results after that. Whether we will be assigned by our first mission or will still stay as a trainee, it’s all in The Elders’ hands.

 

“Shall we begin then? Once your name is being called, you are oblige to come up here in the stage and will do the procedure. Rule number 1: Fight wisely and you can use your powers against your opponent. Rule number 2: If one of you concedes, the other one wins automatically but the latter who concedes will stay for 3 years of training. And lastly, Rule number 3: Don’t die or else you lose. Do I make myself clear?”

 

Before we can answer BoA, she wasted no time in calling out names according to the lists. “First off; Agent 92219 or Kim Jongdae, 17, from EXO-M. And from the other group, Agent 93121 or Do Kyungsoo, 16, from EXO-K.”

 

We stood behind the fence barrier at the front of us. A barrier that made us looked like we’re in a court for justification or something. Jongdae formally walked out of our place and climbed up the stairs of the stage before he sat at the designated chair. From what I observed, he hid how nervous he was very well. Some of the crew appeared behind him and attached the wires. They gave him the serum which he held in a shaky manner.

 

His opponent did the same thing but came from the other side of the stage. Then I recognized him. He was the one with owl-like eyes. Almost looked like he was about to cry just by the way his eyes scanned the crew that helped him attached the wires as well. He, Kyungsoo from what BoA said awhile ago, glanced at his team. I can tell, he was equally nervous just like Jongdae was. Who wouldn’t? They were the first one anyway.

 

“Hwaiting! You can do it, Kyungsoo hyung!” Someone cheered from our left side. I followed the voice and it was from the sun-kissed skin boy. I also recognized him. Well, almost all of them though because they all gave unique impression to me when I was 13 and we sometimes shared one training quad room whenever we have the same schedule.

 

“Give him some peace of mind for once, Jongin.” Eunhyuk sternly demanded yet Jongin blinked in confusion. “But that’s what I’m doing. I am cheering for him.”

 

“Your reassurance isn’t needed.”

 

“Can’t you see he has those eyes of fear in it? I’m just trying to—”

 

“Alright you did your part so shutup now.”

 

“But Eunhyuk Seonsaeng-nim—”

 

Jongin immediately chose to close his mouth when Eunhyuk decided to faced him before crossing his arms. He heaved an irritated sigh and Jongin backed away a little, not forgetting to raise his hands as a sign of defeated apology. Surely, Eunhyuk can be intimidating when he’s serious. Their other members silently chuckled.

 

I shifted my attention back and immediately welcomed by the big screen just above the curtains of the stage behind BoA, Kyungsoo and Jongdae. Why didn’t I notice that before? There was a bold font stating MST in all caps in the screen and went blurry afterwards.

 

Mental Stability Test.

 

It was replaced into a background of street and two opposite life line in the upper part of the screen. Then that was the time I understood what’s going to happen. We will be a witness to their battle, I see. This is going to be interesting.

 

“All set. You may drink the serum, Gentlemen.” BoA instructed and was replied by gulping throats. Jongdae casted one last glance to us before he completely went unconscious. 3 seconds later, Kyungsoo followed suit. BoA excused herself and seated somewhere beside the stage. She looked up and moved to find a comfortable position to watch. Then it started.

 

Both Jongdae and Kyungsoo appeared on the screen. They stared at each other for a long time, unable to move because of the nervousness they’ve got into their systems. Familiarizing themselves first to their surrounding, neither of them initiated a fight. I heard shuffling chairs from behind.

 

“Are they going to do that forever? We can’t tolerate this!” One of The Elders complained, clearly irritated. That secretly flinched my nerves. BoA stood up quickly and bowed before she apologized, “I’m sorry Mr. Lee SooMan. I’ll be at it in a second.” She ran to the back stage and took something that resembled a headphone with a mini mic on it.

 

“Agent 92219 and Agent 93121, if none of you gentlemen started a fight, you both will be eliminated. Time is precious, stop hesitating. This is what you are trained for.” BoA almost gritted her teeth when speaking those words. She, herself, wasn’t amused.

 

Upon hearing this, Jongdae was the first to attack. He ran towards Kyungsoo and gave him a blow in the face in which Kyungsoo was taken aback. I heard a gasp from the other team and I honestly kind of shock myself too. Kyungsoo stumbled and before he could defend himself, Jongdae punched him in the jaw. I pity the kid, he really looked harmless but this was a battle to consider.

 

Without any intention in using it, Kyungsoo’s solemn expression turned into a fuming one and lifted his right hand. The ground shook and Jongdae lost his balance. He fell onto the cracked surface of the street and was greeted by a heavy brick that was going to collide to his face. Yet a strong bolt of lightning shoved the brick away until it broke into pieces. Kyungsoo immediately become aware of Jongdae’s power so he lifted both of his arms, along with the ground that started to swallow Jongdae in the center, with force.

 

Running towards the opponent as fast as he could, Jongdae created a ball of lightning to attack Kyungsoo. Unfortunately, he was blocked by a sudden appearance of the ground to his attack and this repeated for a while. They kept on dodging, blocking, attacking and changing forces. So Kyungsoo’s power is Earth? One of the popular 4 Elemental Powers huh.

 

Time went by and Kyungsoo’s life line was already near to die out unlike Jongdae’s. We almost cheer in unison but their fate turned upside down unexpectedly. With Kyungsoo’s last attack, it ended Jongdae’s life completely. One hard stomped to the ground with rage, Kyungsoo successfully let the earth swallowed Jongdae and covered him with much bricks.

 

“Agent 93121 aka Do Kyungsoo from EXO-K wins! One point for team EXO-K.” An auto-tune female voice announced the victory of Kyungsoo. Eunhyuk was the first one to react as he pumped his fist in the air excitedly followed by the other members. “YAY! Told yah he can do it!”

 

I saw how Leeteuk lowered his head but quickly replaced it with a smile and looked at us. “That’s just the beginning. Don’t lose hope guys. We can win this! Ok?” We could just nod with my member’s enthusiasms. I doubt mine though, I just don’t know what to expect to my opponent. If he carries one of the popular 4 Elemental Powers, flight is nothing but a thin piece of paper to fight with.

 

The crew scurried back to the stage and fixed everything. Jongdae and Kyungsoo woke up perspiring a lot and their legs almost give up supporting themselves. EXO-K cheered loudly this time, knowing that Kyungsoo can hear them and gave them a weak smile for accomplishment. When two of the crew supported Jongdae back in our place, Yixing and Luhan was the first to help them and held Jongdae before the crew disappeared.

 

“I’m sorry, I lost.” Jongdae murmured tiredly.

 

“It’s not your fault. Stop being sorry for it.” Luhan soothed Jongdae and Yixing patted him at the back.

 

“This is just the beginning, Jongdae. We have many people left. Think positive.” Leeteuk said while Jongdae flashed him a smile in return.

 

The microphone, once again, screeched at BoA’s hands which made the responsibility of all the commotion went into stop. She called out instantaneously, “Next up, Agent 90263 or Kim Minseok, 19, from EXO-M and Agent 91225 or Kim Joonmyun, 18, from EXO-K.”

 

“Go Leader! Show them what you got!”

 

Leader? I shamelessly stared at them and saw Joonmyun smiled angelically to the optimism of his group. He patted their heads one by one but ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair before giving Eunhyuk a slight bow and went upstage. If he’s the leader then that means, he possessed one of the 4 Elemental Powers automatically. This will be a problem to Minseok.

 

“Hey, Minseok hyung. Don’t mind them, just focus alright? Hwaiting!” Luhan encouraged Minseok with an extra slight punch in the shoulder. We all know that Luhan was just controlling himself to pinch those cheeks obsession of his because we were supposed to be acting formally in this stadium. Minseok smiled before answering in Mandarin, “Your Korean is improving, Xiao Lu. Thanks by the way.” He then jogged all the way up to the stage.

 

“Whoa, he knows Mandarin now?” Luhan can’t hide the surprise tone in his voice while asking us. Yixing chuckled, “He’d been studying with Wu Fan for the last 8 months, I guess?”.

 

“Ah, I see. But his accent is still off. So I still got something to .” Luhan cheekily grin which resulted for us to divert our attention since Luhan will be planning something again to annoy Minseok. Then leave him to his own world of deer.

 

The tension between Minseok and Joonmyun started when we discovered Joonmyun’s power which is water. Just like I thought, one of the 4 Elementals huh. I don’t even know how in the world did they claimed those powers first instead of us. It would’ve been better if one of us possessed at least the fire or wind from the 4 Elementals but knowing my members’ powers, none of us got it.

 

At first, we almost got our hopes up when Minseok kept on freezing Joonmyun’s water attack yet that didn’t last for long. Joonmyun created a huge wave out of nowhere but that out of nowhere was just under the ground. Their location was in a top of a hill. Clearly obvious to me that water comes underneath it.

 

He made the water formed a hand that fisted Minseok’s whole body into it and drown him there. For lack of ideas at his current state, Minseok froze the whole water as well as himself. Joonmyun seem satisfied at his work and smiled genuinely. As if he knew that this was just a challenge to show how well do we master our own powers and a mind game so by the way he control things, he didn’t take it personally.

 

Minseok’s life line barely made it but he successfully broke it like an iceberg separating. Soon, he was accompanied with another wave of water and that finally ended his life as well. Loud cheers and applauses can be heard from EXO-K. They’ve been expecting this just like they should. I rolled my eyes. Was Leeteuk’s strategy working? Or we’re just killing our own members by that pattern?

 

“Agent 91225 aka Kim Joonmyun from EXO-K wins! Two points for team EXO-K.”

 

“Yeah! I can’t wait to finish this!” Chanyeol’s voice was the loudest this time and they kept on hallooing like a crowd full of fanboys. The moment when Minseok reached our place and was held by Luhan and Yixing, Leeteuk turned around and snapped. “Eunhyuk-ssi, it will be more appropriate if you teach your team the lawful way of behaving inside this stadium.”

 

Eunhyuk face him as well and chuckled in a not-so-polite manner, “And why is that? We’re just happy and celebrating our victory neh?”

 

“I believe it is still way too early to celebrate.”

 

“Then shall I say, celebrating in advance then? If you’re jealous, you could mourn in advance too.”

 

Before Leeteuk could initiate a stupid action, I made my presence visible for the two and excused Leeteuk out of the way, “My permission to interlude but we have a serious matter to look for. Mr. Leeteuk, let’s go back to our place.” They didn’t notice that they went in the aisle when spitting those words at each other and I have to literally drag him back.

 

“Agent 93205 or Huang ZiTao, 16, from EXO-M and Agent 94124 or Oh Sehun, 15, from EXO-K.”

 

15? So he was obviously younger than Tao. Sehun excitedly ran upstage, not waiting for his opponent while Tao just eyed him calmly. I stretched my arm to reach Tao’s shoulder before landing my hand on it, “Think we can trust this on you?”

 

He just raised his eyebrow before replying, “I don’t doubt my power, Duizhang.” With a final nod, he set off. “Tao can win this! I believe in him.” Jongdae said which was equally added by a tired Minseok, “I actually envied his power. There’s no way he can’t win with it.”

 

Twist of destiny happened directl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter