Exploring the 'School'

One Way Out

 

" Hyung, can we go to the toilet? " SeungHyun asked his two hyungs.

JongHun turned behind to look at his dongsaeng, he nodded and gave him a small sad smile, " Why not? Let's go. " He walked past him and headed for the toilet. HongKi and SeungHyun then quickly followed behind him.

The students were exploring the 'school', groups by groups. They have to know more about this place before they can know how to defeat the killer, before they can figure out how to get out of this place alive, before they can go back home. This place might be similar to their school, but there must be at least one thing that is different, right? It can't be exactly the same, can it? 

The three boys turn around the corner where the nearest toilet is. JongHun, being the first one to reach, suddenly stopped dead in his tracks. His heart pounded and his sixth sense told him, told him that something bad was going to happen. His body stiffened and he gulped. HongKi, almost bumping into him, asked concernly, " Hyung... What's wrong? "

" N-nothing. " He shook his head and continued to proceed into the boy's toilet. Shivers ran up his spines, he felt weird, like something bad was going to happen, but what? He took in a deep breath and sighed in determination,  *I shouldn't scare my dongsaengs, no, it must be my own imagination, nothing will happen. Nothing...*

JongHun tried to convince himself, but the feeling still lingered. The feeling that something bad will happen soon, the feeling that someone will be dead again soon, the feeling that the next victim, will be... him.

 

 

" Ahh! " A scream can be heard. WonBin, JaeJin and MinHwan turned around and stared into the dark corridors. Their heart beat faster and faster. What just happened? It took them some time to recover from the shock. WonBin was the first one to react. He rushed into the darkness and towards where the scream came from.

His two dongsaeng quickly followed. Their foot steps could be heard clearly in the empty long corridors, the echoes too. They soon screech to a stop. They tried to catch their breaths from all the running, but their pounding hearts were never once calmed, and their eyes never once closed. They couldn't afford to miss a single detail now, not when they are fighting to live.

They stared at what was infront of them. A door. A door with blood stains on the handle.

They were too late. There was another victim. JaeJin and MinHwan exchanged nervous glances. The killer is too fast. They can't beat him or her. WonBin took in a deep breath and slowly took a step forward. Reaching for the bloody handle with his shaking hand, he gulped. He have to know what was inside, maybe they were just scaring themselves, maybe there is nothing inside.

Even if there is, he have to know, he have to know who died.

Just as his hands was about to touch the handle, the door opened. It was opened, by someone inside. The killer was fast, but maybe not that fast to have escaped. The door slowly opened to show what was inside. The three boys held their breaths and backed off. Their eyes widened and body stiffened. Thump thump thump. Their racing heart pounded against their chest.

Goosebumps climb up their spines as a shadow was slowly being revealed from behind the door. A shadow that was so familar. A shadow that they must have seen before. A shadow that belongs to someone they know.