The Other World

One Way Out

*JongHyun with a 'y' is from CN Blue and JongHun without a 'y' is from FT Island.


 

The bell rang and the students slowly rose from their slumber. They rubbed their tired eyes and stretched their numbs limps. They looked at each other, wondering what just happened. The last memory they had was of them chatting and playing in the classroom while waiting for Mr. Son to arrive, and the rest were blurry. Did they unconciously fell asleep?

The classroom was somehow different from how they remembered it to be. The white board had now turned into a black board, the newly bought tables and chairs are now old and dusty. The lights flickered, the fans did not work. The whole room was a different one and yet it seemed so similar.

The cold wind blew, making the students tremble. Looking at their surroundings, it gave a uneasy feeling. They all knew something bad was going to happen, but nobody spoke up. They convinced themselves that everything was fine. Well, until someone went missing...

Nobody left the room, in fact nobody left the seats they woke up in, but yet someone disappeared.

" We can't stay here forever! We need to at least go find JungShin! " Fei, being the oldest spoke up.

The mature maknae, Suzy, nodded and agreed with Fei. " This is our own school anyway! There's nothing to be afraid of! We'll just find JungShin and then we'll all go home, okay? " She gave a small smile, trying to calm the hearts of the worried students.

" I guess we could do that. " HongKi stood up and walked over to the door bravely. " I'm sure everything is alright, maybe JungShin just had to go the toilet. " He put his hands on the handle and pushed open the door. " See? We're still in school. " He turned back to them and smiled, pointing outside the room.

But he was wrong, how wrong. They were not just still in their school and there was definitely something to be afraid of. The students held their breath as they watched the shadow flew past behind HongKi." W-what is it? " HongKi's voice trembled, not daring to move an inch. He could sense that something was wrong looking at his friends' scared expressions.

" N-nothing, HongKi. Don't worry. L-let's just go look for JungShin. " JongHun walked over and put his hand on HongKi's shoulder, before leaving the room.

 

 

YongHwa walked along the corridors of the school alone, searching for his lost friend. " Are we the only ones in school now? " He mumbled as he looked up at the barely visible moon. He sighed and was about to continue his search when he felt hot breath blowing onto the back of his neck. He froze. " You think? " A whispered echoed through the empty corridors.

He jumped, feeling a hand on his shoulder, sending chills down his spine. His heart raced and he broke into cold sweat. He could hear footsteps behind him, more were coming.

YongHwa plucked up his courage and slowly turned his head. He didn't wanted to let them win, he needed to face them. However, to his surprised, he saw nothing, just thick mist. No more voices, no more hand on his shoulder. He shrugged, thinking that it was only his imagination and continued walking when something caught his attention. Something was flowing, something red. He gasped and look towards his left. The blood like liquid was flowing from the toilet. *Oh no! Don't tell me something bad happened to JungShin!* He worriedly thought.

He carefully pushed open the door to the female washroom and peep inside. It was pitch dark inside and yet he managed to see a girl. A girl with long black hair. She looked into the mirror and combed her hair slowly. Feeling goosebumps, YongHwa panicked and accidentally kicked the door frame alarming the girl. Her head shot up and looked towards YoungHwa.

Afraid, YongHwa let go of the door and it slammed shut, making a loud noise. He stepped backwards, staring at the door, hoping nothing would happen. But in just a second, the door flew opened and the girl came running out. Their eyes met for a split second before she disappeared down the corridor.