The Crazy Tap

One Way Out

 

The clock is still ticking, seconds turned into minutes, minutes turned into hours. Hours have passed, the poor students still trying to look for their missing friend. They have searched everywhere possible in their school, or maybe, a look alike of their school, but JungShin is still nowhere to be found. It should be around 12 midnight by now, you must be wondering why their parents haven't called to ask where they were, but the thing is... have you ever heard of any cases where it's possible to get through the phone someone brought to hell?

In a few more hours, it would be dawn, and the sun would be up. Well, at least in the human world. The parents would be worried to death, they would go to school and lodge a complain on Mr Yoon, they would search every corners of the school for their missing child, but, it's just the starting. A lot more terror are waiting for them. A lot more mysteries are waiting to be solve. A lot more than what they can imagine.

 

 

Holding on tightly to each other's hands, deeply afraid that someone might just disappear like JungShin, the four girls, Fei, Jia, Min and Suzy are walking along the school corridoor, heading towards the cafeteria. " U-unnie, I think someone is over there. " Jia whispered, nudging Fei's hand as she pointed over to where the sinks were located just round the corner.

They stopped walking and tried listening for any sounds coming from over there. Water. The sound of water rushing out of the taps were heard. The girls gulped and slowly inched their way forward to where the sinks were. They took in a deep breath and mustered up their courage, they poked their heads round the corner.

Min sighed in relieve, " Someone must have forgotten to turn off the tap before going home. " She walked over to the running tap and turned off the water. " The school's water bill for this month is going to be extra expensive. "

" Let's go. I don't like the feeling here. " Suzy hugged herself, " the errie feeling. "

They hooked each other's arm and was about to leave the spooky cafeteria when they heard water rushing out from the tap behind them. They stopped dead in their tracks. Their heartbeats increased and blood drained out of their faces. The four girls didn't dare to move an inch, they could feel goosebumps crawling up their spines.

They gulped before slowly turning their head over, silently praying that it is just some of their schoolmates playing a trick on them. Thump, thump, thump. They could almost hear each other's heartbeats beating against their chest at one hundred per second. With their fist clenched, they gathered their courage and opened up their eyes.

" T-there's nothing. You s-see. M-min, you must have had not turned the tap tightly e-enough. " Jia stuttered.

Indeed, there was nothing there, but all of them knew, something was wrong. Very wrong. Fei, being the oldest, decided she should go ahead to turn off the running tap. She hesitantly took a big step forward and puts her hand onto the tap. She turns the tap with all her strength and made sure that was the furthest it could go.

She then slowly took her shivering hand away from the tap. They waited in silence. Watching the tap for any sign of movement. A few seconds passed. Nothing happened. The water didn't come rushing out of the tap. Fei relaxed and the other's sighed in relieve.

" See, it mu- " Jia's sentence got cut off. By Fei? Nah. By Min? Nope. How about by Suzy? Not her either. Then who you ask? No one in particular. Because the one who cutted off her sentence was the running water. From the crazy tap.