Expect the Unexpected

One Way Out

*JongHyun with a 'y' is from CN Blue and JongHun without a 'y' is from FT Island.


 

" No! I'm not dead! I'm here, alive and kicking, can't you see? " JungShin exclaimed, trying really hard to convince the rest as tears filled his eyes, " Hyung! Believe me! I'm not dead! How can I be dead?! " JungShin looked at the faces of his hyungs, spunning around and around, looking at each and everyone of his friends. He hit his chest several times and shouted like a mad man, " It's me! JungShin! Why won't you guys believe me?! "

The others looked back at him, not knowing what to believe. Some were afraid and started backing away from him while some moved closer to him, in an attempt to calm him down.

JongHyun stood by a chair at the corner of the room, holding on to the fainted JiEun. Worried about their friend, HyoSung and Zinger too were nearby, ready to help JiEun out of the place if anything happens. SunHwa, on the other hand, was hiding behind Zinger. The look on her face, just the look on her face was enough for Zinger to be sure that she really did saw JungShin and Fei, dead.

While everyone shivered in the cold breeze, red slowly crept onto the panicking man. Everyone who had their eyes on JungShin gasped with widen eyes. " H-he's bleeding... " Min stuttered.

JungShin held up his hands, blood, blood was everywhere. It flowed out of his finger tips and slowly covered his whole hand. He panicked and tried wiping the blood onto his uniform. However, the bleeding did not go away, the more he panicked, the more blood came flowing out. He looked at his friends with pleading eyes, " Help me! Help me please! "

Looking at his bloodshot eyes, the girls screamed and back away. The blood spreaded to his whole body as parts of him started to melt. Soon, he was nothing more than a puddle of blood on the cold hard floor.

The sight of the blood was horrible. " H-he... he was the one being s-stabbed at the corridor... " SunHwa's voice trembled as she squated down, clutching to her head as she trembled in fear. The image of the blood trail in the dark corridors replayed in her mind. She imagined JungShin being stabbed by an unknown shawdow and struggling to stay alive before falling down dead. She couldn't take it anymore and let out a scream.

Her friends immediately rushed over and tried to calm her down. " It's okay, everything is okay now. " HyoSung her hair.

A tear escaped Suzy's eyes. She was afraid, afraid of everthing that's happening right now. People were dying, everyone was in a mess, nobody knew what to do and here they are, stuck in the school. How painful it must have been to be stabbed right in the heart, how horrible it must have been to see blood oozing out from your body and yet, anyone of them might just be the next one...

Just then, a big "bang" was heard, HongKi had slammed the front door shut. Everyone turned their attention towards him. " What is it? " WonBin asked carefully. HongKi trembled, holding onto the door knob. " I-I saw s-someone outside. "

They knew he wasn't lying. Nobody dared to move. They held their breath. The unknown is always the scariest.

" BANG! " Someone on the other side was pounding hard on the door. Shocked, HongKi screamed and ran over to joined the rest. They stared at the door as tears filled their eyes. Someone was there and that someone cannot be stopped by that single door. They could see the door shaking, it couldn't hold on any longer, the students clutched onto each other, waiting for that door to fall, but it didn't. The pounding stopped.

SeungHyun stepped forward and smiled. He pointed to the door, " Maybe that was just our imagination. We need to stop scaring ourselves! "

He was about to continue with his confident speech when JaeJin grabbed hold of him and quickly pulled him back to the crowd. All attention was back to the door once again. They could see the door knob turning slowly. It'll be a matter of seconds before the thing behind it would be revealed. They held onto their friends as the door was slowly pushed open. The girls shut their eyes, afraid.

" Hey, you guys don't have to be so afraid. " Someone spoke from behind them. They all turned behind, shocked. There stood a handsome man. He smiled and introduced himself, " My name is Yesung. "

WonBin eyed him suspiciously from the top to his feet, " H-how did you get in? " He smiled, " The back door. "

" What are you doing here? " Min questioned. Just as he was about to answer, another voice was heard, this time, it was a girl, " We are here to help you. " They quickly turned back to face the front door. There stood a beautiful lady, " I'm ShinHye. " She scanned through each and everyone of the faces before turning away when she met eyes with YongHwa. *She was the one I saw in the washroom!*

Yesung then walked over to examined the puddle of blood left behind by JungShin, " It seems like someone left already. All of you must be confused, but don't worry, we'll explain everything. " He looked up and smiled at them. But that smile soon faded. He frowned as he looked from JongHyun to JiEun and SunHwa. " But for now, I think you need to be aware of who's alive and who's not. "

" What do you mean? " JongHyun challenged.

Yesung gestured towards JongHyun's bloody hands and sighed, " Are you sure you're alive? "

 

 

- flashback to 20 minutes ago -

" S-sunbae... " SunHwa called between sobs as she pointed over to the other side of the room. Someone lied sprawled there.

She clutched onto JiEun, afraid. JongHyun moved away from Fei's corpse and gulped, trying to recover from the terrible shock only to meet another awaiting shock of his life. Taking out his phone, he shone the light across the dark room and slowly moving it to the face of another lifeless body lying there. He gasped as he saw yet another familiar face.

It was JungShin. And he is too, dead.

Shocked, JongHyun dropped his phone and stepped backwards, only to meet with the sharp tip of a penknife. The knife pressed through his back and blood oozed out. He let out a faint cry before falling to the ground. The two girls trembled with fear as tears filled their eyes, pleading to spare their lives when all they saw was an unknown shadow.