Epilogue

One Way Out

 

The lights flickered, and the doors banged shut. JaeJin turned to the door in surprise before he realised that he was trapped. His heart seized with fear and millions of thoughts went through his mind, *Is it time for me to die already?* He panicked and ran to the door. He banged at the door helplessly and shouted for help. JaeJin remembered how they found Min just yesterday, blood splattered around the floor, in the classroom just right beside 1-A.

Min lying in the middle of the pool of blood. A painful expression pasted on her face, half opened, red liquid still flowing out of onto the already blood stained floor. According to suzy, Min's poisoned. What a terrible way to die. Poisoned. Tortured. Sliced. Stabbed. What'll be next? Drowned? Torn to peices? JaeJin's scared. He wanted a peaceful death, just like everyone else, not a painful one.

His dongsaeng, was shocked by the sudden bang too. MinHwan tried to turn the door knob open, but it wouldn't budge. He gulped and attempted to kick open the door to save his hyung, but nothing worked. JaeJin's heart raced and blood drained out of his face. He wasn't prepared to die yet, he don't want to die here.

Somewhere on the floor below him, outside the toilet, Suzy is shivering in fear too. SeungHyun, who was stuck in the male toilet while trying to search for YongHwa, banged the toilet door as hard as he could. He have to get out. He need to get out. He have to get to Suzy before something bad happen to her.

Just like how JaeJin was seperated from MinHwan, and how SeungHyun was seperated from Suzy, the other students were seperated from their groups too. Everyone was in panick, wondering what was happening, guessing what was going to happen, hoping that it wasn't their time to die... yet. Well, except for one particular student.

MinHyuk was still sobbing infront of the door where he missed his hyung just by a little. He was reproaching himself. He didn't have the mood to care about any other thing now, he just knew that his hyung was gone... forever gone. Never coming back.

Suddenly, a booming loud voice echoed through the whole school. Everyone froze.

 

 

Hi, I came from hell, and let me give you some advice

watch your back... because you aren't alone

and don't even try to scream...

because you'll never be heard

 

Feeling indignant?

Well, you can't do anything about it

because you're in my world

in my school, in my timezone

 

want to escape?

too bad, there's only one way out

so i'm pretty sure you'll be trapped here forever

there's a reason why it's called the 'college of no return'

 

 

oh and, want me to show you a magic trick?

 

 

 

POOF!!!

And you are DEAD

 

With this, a blinding white light suddenly appeared from nowhere, causing all the students to close their eyes shut without a choice. Before they knew it, the school bell rang, signaling time for the first period of lesson, and the students slowly rose from their slumber. The students opened their eyes, trying to get use to the new surrounding. They rubbed their tired eyes and stretched their numbs limps. They looked at each other, wondering what just happened. All of them were there. Even JungShin and all their other dead friends... except one.

The last memory they had was of them looking around the school for their friend, YongHwa, and the rest were blurry. How did they end up in the classroom sleeping? The classroom was exactly the same from how they remembered it to be. The black board instead of the white board, the old and dusty tables and chairs replaced the new ones. The lights flickered, the fans did not work. The whole room was the same one and yet it seemed so different.

The cold wind blew, making the students tremble. Looking at their surroundings, it gave a uneasy feeling. They all knew something is wrong, but nobody spoke up. They convinced themselves that everything was fine. *Is it just me, or does this seem like... Déjà vu?* JongHyun shivered. He quickly look around the classroom for JungShin, to his relief, JungShin is still sitting on his chair, looking at the others in confusion... like he had just had a bad dream.

It wasn't long before MinHyuk realised someone was missing... Nobody left the room, in fact nobody left the seats they woke up in, but yet someone disappeared. " We can't stay here forever! We need to at least go find YongHwa! " Fei, being the oldest spoke up. The other students looked around the classroom with inconvinced eyes, they weren't sure if they should do that.

*W-what if the exact same thing happened, just like those in my... dream?* MinHwan was worried. But he was not the only one, everybody elses were. But what they didn't knew was, what if all those weren't just a dream? What if those were reality?

The mature maknae, Suzy, nodded and agreed with Fei. " T-this is our own school anyway! There's n-nothing to be afraid of! We'll just find YongHwa sunbae and then we'll all go h-home, okay? " She gave a small smile, trying to calm the hearts of the worried students, but even she is uncertain of what she just said.

*Home... can we really go home?* JiEun gulped, with tears threathening to come out any moment, as she remember that terrible nightmare she just had. Sensing that JiEun is having a hard time coping, JongHyun walked over to her and smiled, " Hey, you okay? "

JiEun looked up and gave him a uncertain laughter, " Haha, yeah, I guess. I-I just dreamed that JungShin's killed. "

The smile turned into a frown and blood drained out of JongHyun's face. *What is this? Did we had the same dream?* Seeing his expression changed, she gave him a small smile, " Weird dream, right? " JiEun then looked away and mumbled to herself, " It's just a dream, right? "

" I-I guess we could do that. " HongKi stood up, took in a deep breath and walked over to the door bravely. " I'm sure everything is alright, maybe YongHwa hyung just had to go the toilet. " He put his hands carefully on the handle, muster all the courage he have and pushed open the door. " S-see? We're still in school. " He turned back to them and smiled, trying to forget the dream that was still ingering at the back of his mind. 

But he was wrong, how wrong. They were not just still in their school and there was definitely something to be afraid of. The students held their breath as they watched the shadow flew past behind HongKi... again. " W-what is it? " HongKi's voice trembled, not daring to move an inch. He could sense that something was wrong looking at his friends' scared expressions.

" N-nothing, HongKi. Don't worry. L-let's just go look for YongHwa hyung. " JongHun walked over and put his hand on HongKi's shoulder, before leaving the room.

Bad decision. In fact, it's the worst decision ever.

It wasn't long before SunHwa got seperated from the group. She walked along the corridors of the school alone, searching for her lost friend. " A-are we the only ones in school now? " She mumbled as she looked up at the barely visible moon. She sighed and bit her lips in fear, she's afraid. Very afraid. Just then, she felt hot breath blowing onto the back of her neck. She froze.

" You think? " A whispered echoed through the empty corridors, sending chills down her spine. Feeling a hand on her shoulder, she jumped. She could hear footsteps behind her, more were coming. Her heart raced and she broke into cold sweat. She wanted to run, but her legs didn't allow her to. Her legs didn't move no matter how much she tried to move them, it was like her legs didn't belong to her anymore.

SunHwa broke out in tears, she hates this, she wants to go home, she wanted to go home to where it's safe without scary voices or a cold hand on her shoulder. When her legs can no longer take her weight, she fell down to the floor with a loud thud. She hugged herself and trembled in fear as tears streamed down her face. " P-please... leave me alone... g-go away! "

To her surprised, the whisper stopped, the footsteps stopped. Everything stopped. It was dead silent, she could hear nothing except for her own whimpering. SunHwa then slowly turn her head behind to take a look, nothing, just thick mist. No more voices, no more presence of anyone or anything behind her. She let out a sigh of relief.

SunHwa took in a deep breath and tried to calm herself. *It's just my imagination. Nothing's there.* She sniffed and wiped away her tears.

Just then, something caught her attention. Something was flowing, something red. Her heart skipped a beat and her eyes followed the red fluid to where it started. The blood like liquid was flowing from the toilet. She gulped. SunHwa stared at the door, hoping nothing would happen, waiting for the liquid to disappear just like the voices. But in just a second, the door flew opened and a guy came out.

Their eyes met for a split second before he looked away and quickly disappeared down the corridor. SunHwa held her breath as she stared at the backview of the guy whom she just met. Strange. Just one look from him calmed her heart down. Something about him, just something about him attracted SunHwa. 

 

 

 

 

Just like how something about ShinHye attracted YongHwa.