Dream a Nightmare

One Way Out

 

WonBin, JaeJin and MinHwan stared at what was infront of them. A door. A door with blood prints on the handle. WonBin took in a deep breath and slowly took a step forward. Reaching for the bloody handle with his shaking hand, he gulped.

Just as his hand was about to touch the handle, the door opened. It was opened, by someone inside. The three boys held their breaths and backed off. Their eyes widened and body stiffened. Thump thump thump. Their racing heart pounded against their chest. Shivers went down their spines as a shadow was slowly being revealed from behind the door. A shadow so familar, a shadow they must have seen before, a shadow that belonged to someone they knew.

Yesung.

Yesung looked at them with widened eyes, shocked that they were there, but soon recovered, " W-what are you guys doing here? "

WonBin opened his mouth, but nothing came out. Not a sound. He was too shock to say anything. He closed his mouth and gulped. He bit his lips and thought for a while before answering, " W-we heard someone scream. I thought we might be able to h-help. " WonBin tried to look and sound normal, but it was not an easy task, especially when someone who might be the killer was right infront of him.

" Well, that someone is dead. " Yesung sadly smiled, " And it's JongHun. "

The trios gasped.

 

 

Silence. Just a few sobbings here and there. They are all back in the classroom, 1-A, the classroom that they fell asleep in, the classroom they woke up in. No one attempted or even made the effort to start a conversation and break the silence. The sixth person just died. Sixth. And soon the seventh victim will leave them too. Before they know, all of them will be dead.

MinHwan buried his face in his palms. His tears wet his hands. His throat dry, his eyes puffy, his hands trembled. The tears were suffocating him, but he can't stop them. They just kept rushing out. Like an open tap.

" Come on guys. Don't be like this. If you continue this, no one will get out alive. " Yesung stood up and sighed.

JaeJin looked up at him with tear filled eyes, " I don't get it. Why? Why do people have to die? "

" No one gets it, JaeJin. Not you, not him, not her, not me. " Yesung tried to get the 'logic' into his mind, pointing his finger at everyone. WonBin took in a deep breath and questioned, " Are you sure you don't get it either? "

He raised his eyebrows, " What do you mean? It's a curse, that's it! No one knows why, it's just merely a curse. "

WonBin looked away and sighed. ShinHye stood up and bit her lips, " I think you guys need some rest, it's been more than 24 hours since all of you last slept. " She gave them a little smile and YongHwa agreed, " I agree, let's rest, we will deal with other things after we have replenish ourselves. "

 

 

In the now enclosed classroom, there was pin drop silence. The 12 students, Yesung and ShinHye were all resting. After all that've happened, it didn't take long for before they fall asleep. With all theirs heads on the table, no movement could be detected. The moon outside and the cooling breeze just make it even more comfortable for a good night sleep.

Unknown to all, something was going on. HongKi frowned, unconciously. His relaxed fingers slowly curled into a fist. His lips trembled and sweat rolled down his forehead. Blood drained out of his face and his breathing fastened.

 

The blood stained knife left a scar on the white brick wall as she walked down the long empty corridor. Her school boots clicked at every step she take and her long ponytail swinged from left to right, right to left. The slim figure continued to move forward. Her empty left hand in her school's jacket, not once leaving the warm pocket, while the other was grabbing onto the knife ever so tightly.

Click, click, click, her footsteps echoed through the corridor as she passed by doors after doors, not even giving them a second look. Suddenly, the corridor turned deadly silent. The boots stopped clicking and the knife stopped scaring the wall. She have stopped walking. The lady turned to face the door beside her and slowly took out her left hand from her pocket.

Her hand reached for the handle. She tighened her grip on the bloody weapon. A small drip of blood can be seen tickling down, making it's way to the very tip of the knife before falling to the ground with a tiny splash.

 

Confusion is all over his face. What a weird dream. A nightmare. A small whimper escaped his mouth. What is happening? What is the girl doing? Who is she? Where is she heading to? HongKi didn't know, all he saw was shadows.Everything was so blur he could barely make out the place. But there was this one thing that caught his eyes...

 

The door knob slowly turned and the door was quietly pushed opened, and right on top of that door, there lied a label that read 'Class 1A'.

 

His eyes opened and his head shot up from the table, HongKi tried to catch his breath. He wiped his sweat with the back of his hands. He looked around the classroom. Nothing changed. All of them are sleeping soundly, just like before. Nothing is unusual. He slowly calmed himself down and gulped.

He took in a deep breath and frowned, *What does that dream mean? Who exactly is the girl? Why would I have such a weird dream?* He shook his head clear and placed his head back down on the table, *I must be thinking too much, it's just a nightmare and nothing else.*

HongKi reassured himself and soon fell back into dreamland.