Examination Hall

One Way Out

 


 

" A-anybody here? " MinHyuk's voice echoed through the big empty hall.

The girls poked their heads in too. Nothing. Nothing was in the examination hall except for tables, chairs, and more tables and chairs. MinHyuk pushed the door fully open and took a step inside. Like the rest of the school, this plcae was just as worn out. Filled with cobwebs and dust.

The rusty floor creaked at every single step MinHyuk took. It must have been years and years since someone cleaned this place. The dust in the air could make you tear. Min and Suzy quickly followed him in. The floor, again creaked at the new weight. Suzy waved her hands infront of her face in an attempt to clear the dusts as she sneezed.

" Why have this place become like this? " Min sighed, " We were just here a few days ago, taking our exams... "

MinHyuk shook his head, " I don't know... But if you believe Yesung-sshi's words, this is in a totally different dimension, that will explain why all the furnitures are worn out and rusty, like it haven't been used in years. "

They walked around the hall, looking at the big screen in front that was once used to show the duration and subject of any ongoing papers, looking at the big fans above their heads that once helped to cool down the heat in the big crampy hall, looking at the tables that once were sat at by their friends... Their friends, some left in the real world, some trapped in here with them, some already left them.

Suzy walked over to where her table was supposingly at. She smiled to herself, how she missed all those times she had spent together with her unnies. The times they spent revising for exams together, the times they spent talking about their crushes together. Suzy looked over to where his table was. Her table had a clear view of his.

It had always been a pleasure to finish her test fast and spend the rest of the time staring at him. She smiled to herself and looked back down onto her table.

She touched the surface of the table, but quickly retreated her fingers. The dust. Her fingers were all covered in the black dust now. She cleaned her fingers and pouted, *My table... * She sighed as she took another look at her table, but this time, something caught her eyes. Her eyes widened and she quickly called the others here, " Unnie! Sunbae! Over here! "

The two quickly rushed over and Suzy showed them what she discovered, " The name tag, look! It's- "

" Yesung-sshi's name... " Min completed Suzy's sentence for her. Sure enough, over the area where Suzy touched and removed the dust from, lays an old name tag pasted tightly onto the table...

Yesung, Kim JongWoon.

" This table belonged to him? What does this mean? " Suzy asked, clearly confused.

Min frowned, " I thought we are suppose to be in another world? Another dimension? " She crossed her arms infront of her chest, " If we are, it make no sense that this table belonged to him. He was suppose to be the first batch that was trapped in here, remember? Do you think he lied to us? Was what he said all lies? "

MinHyuk, on the other hand, was staring at the name tag, deep in thought, *If his table's here, it means he's not like us, who are trapped in here when we belonged to the other world. If he's not trapped here from another world...* His eyes widened in realisation, before mumbling to himself, " He existed in this dimension... "