His Instinct

One Way Out

 


 

After tons of buckets of tears from HyoSung, JaeJin, MinHwan and Suzy, it was finally time for their next meal. HyoSung just lost another close friend, one that had believed her when no one else did. JaeJin and MinHwan had too lost yet another close hyung, one whom had inspired them, one whom they had played music with.

As the four are sleeping, the other five were trying to enjoy their meal which they haven't had for quite a long time now. Min was poking about her food as the scene of WonBin kept repeating in her mind, just like what happened when she saw Jia's body some time ago. The dripping of the blood and the stinking smell of death, how can she have any appetite in a situation like this?

It has been about 1 whole month since they have been trapped in here, but just like when they first arrived, nothing have changed. The conditions are just as bad and no improvements have been made, but it was surprising how it haven't been worsening either. The same old spiders appearing everyday and the food never depletes. It's just like the day repeated itself, but the dead never came back alive.

Everyone was tired. Min was too. *Perhaps a little dancing can help cheer me up too.* She then slowly walked towards the back door making sure that no one noticed her. She slipped out of classroom 1-A, and made her way to the classroom next door. She wouldn't want to go some where too far away from the group, it would be dangerous.

Blasting the music from her phone, but still making sure it was not loud enough to be heard next door, she began her favourite activity that she haven't been able to do for a long time now.

Back in the classroom, as peaceful and quiet it may seemed, a terrible nightmare was actually ongoing. JaeJin, head full of sweats, clench his fist and frowned unknowingly as he fell deeper and deeper into his dream.

 

He walked down the empty corridor and past the banging windows. The cooling breeze hits him softly on his face and the moonlight shone brightly, onto his uniform. Perhaps, even they feel sorry for him, and therefore decided to go easy on him before he enter that room. Once he take a step in there, there will be no chances for regrets. It will be too late.

His tie, flew up and down, up and down, along with the wind, enjoying it's last dance. Every step forward, was heavy and filled with determination, but could that determination last till the last minute? The boy finally reached a stop. He turned to his right and stared into the grey big door. *As long as I can muster up my courage, all my friends will be saved!* He thought to himself, but can he be so selfless and heroic? Maybe he can.

The doorknob slowly turned. A click was heard and the door was pushed opened. The screeching of the door echoed down the long corridor. He took in a deep breath, and looked out of the window one last time. The window panes stared back at him sadly. With all the courage he could muster, he took a big step forward, into the room.

A rush of wind could be felt. He fell deeper and deeper down. He have just entered the room with no floors. The answer to the mystery. To sacrifice, and save your friends, jump in, and enjoy your last flight. The student closed his eyes and smiled, *Live well my friends, live for me.*

JaeJin awoke from his dream. He panted and looked all around the classroom. MinHyuk, YongHwa, SeungHyun, ShinHye and Yesung stared back at him puzzled. He gulped and took in a deep breath. *What kind of dream was that? Who was that person? What was the dream trying to tell me?* JaeJin had a lot of queries, but no answers.

" What's wrong? " YongHwa asked, sensing something wrong.

 

 

" Wow. What a scary dream. Just imagine falling down to nowhere. " MinHyuk shivered and the rest agreed. JaeJin have just told them the story of his nightmare. But no one understood why he had such a weird dream. Well, perhaps someone does.

*Is the dream trying to tell us the way to sacrifice? The way to save our friends? The way to stop all these madness?* YongHwa thought to himself. Somehow, he got a feeling that he already knew who that person was going to be. He sighed and turned away. *Maybe I am just thinking too much.*

ShinHye sensed the uneasiness in YongHwa, " Oppa, are you okay? " She asked concernly. He gave her a small smiled, assuring her that it is nothing to be worried about. On the other hand, jealousy was all that could be felt. MinHyuk glared at the two, *Why? Why is it that YongHwa hyung always gets her attention? When will she see me? If only he can just go away.*

As the winds hollered and the fans creaked, the students continued their little activities, not realising that important little detail yet. That Min was missing. Soon. Very soon. It would all be over. But would they be fast enough? Fast enough to uncover the mystery and to save her? It all depended on them. The students who have been stucked at that same place for 1 month now.

Just as they were busying themselves with stuffs to do, what they didn't know was that HyoSung was awake all along too. She heard JaeJin's dream, and just like YongHwa, had already figured out what it meant. *If only... if only I could find a chance to escape them and find that room.* A single tear rolled down her cheeks and her fist clenched, *Wait for me my dongsaengs. Unnie is coming.*

Seconds turned into minutes, and minutes turned into hours. Hours past, and all the students are already up and moving about in that small tiny classroom. Stretching their stiff arms and legs, trying to entertain themselves with whatever they have in there. All, except one. And finally, someone realised. " Where's Min? "

 


 

Who do you think is the killer? Vote now! Clicky!